Photo

Please Help Ruins My Self Esteem...

red marks scars acne self esteem dermabrasion microdermabrasion red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 tiredofredmarks91

tiredofredmarks91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

I've been battling acne for about 4 or 5 years now and I've got it pretty under control now, I've used a proactive regimen and am now down to just taking doxcline and cleaning my face twice daily and moisturizing, as well as exfoliating 3 times a week, but I really cant seem to get rid of these red marks, its been about 2 years in the making of them less visible, but nothing is getting rid of them, I've considered Microdermabrasion, but I have a neutrogena home kit for that, and Idk if getting it professionally done will be any more affective. My skin isn't really sensitive and at times it almost seems to much of a hardass to actually change in appearance, I know I cant really do much about my scars I have a few box and rolling, but I've come to terms with that, really what I want help with is the little red marks all over my face, its terrible and I wanna know if they are permanent or temporary, because I feel like they have been there forever and its killing my self confidence. I have a girlfriend who says they aren't nearly as bad as i'm making them out to be, but when you look around and see all these clear faces its hard to think otherwise..any pointers on what I can do?!? It be greatly appreciated there are pics below to show u where I am at.

Thank you.

IMG_20120325_140047.jpg
IMG_20120325_140633.jpg

#2 tiredofredmarks91

tiredofredmarks91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Anyone? Is this pih or scarring?

#3 gpaprazzi

gpaprazzi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

I believe the is one or two scars there man, but mainly PIH i think.

Edited by gigioparizzi, 27 March 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#4 tiredofredmarks91

tiredofredmarks91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Do you think all the red marks that are visible will go away or are some of them permanently discolored?

#5 seroyal223

seroyal223

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

I really don't see anything there that looks permanent. Have you used anything recently to try and speed up the fading process?

#6 tiredofredmarks91

tiredofredmarks91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

yea, I exfoliate with this neutrogena microdermbrasion kit, I also have been applying acv as my toner after cleansing with BP soap, and moisterizing with some honey leaving it on for 30mins to an hour depending on how dry my skin feels. It's made some changes, but I am wondering if this method is affective or does anyone else have anything to add that may make it more affective? I have tried Lemon, baking soda, and several regimens I beat the acne, but the marks fading is another thing I seem to take forever to heal ><

Also, I try to minimize shaving, because it irritates so much ><

#7 tiredofredmarks91

tiredofredmarks91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

Does anyone believe that my regimen could use improvement and if so how? Are there just some red marks that just need time or can all be improved significantly with a red mark fading regimen?

#8 seroyal223

seroyal223

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Well maybe you should try stronger exfoliation for example lactic peels?

#9 LaChesis

LaChesis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Those red marks are not permanent. They do take a while to completely fade away though. The only thing that will really work is time. They WILL fade away with time as long as you don't get new acne (because new acne = new redmarks). Drink a lot of water, exfoliate, moisturize and be patient. By the way. you could really use a tan. Your girlfriend is right saying that it's not that bad. What makes it look worse though, is the fact that your skin is so pale. Try to go out and spend some time in the sun and it'll look much better in no time.

Edited by LaChesis, 29 March 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#10 tiredofredmarks91

tiredofredmarks91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Thanks lachesis :), i always read that red marks look worse with a tan?

#11 BecomingMe

BecomingMe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

Be careful with medicines, such as BP, which can make skin more sensitive to the sun and burn more easily (which means more red, which is not what you want). I heard that alpha hydroxy acid can help. I have had a few pro microdermabrasions and it did get rid of any dry/peeling skin and made my skin super smooth, but it didn't really get rid of any redness. There are numerous fading creams that can be found and researched online. Until then, I would try wearing a noncomedogenic makeup (ask your girlfriend for help applying and finding your color). It is a temporary fix, but it can help reduce the harsh contrast that may be visible to any discerning eye. If you want something lighter, you could try a tinted moisturizer (some have SPF, too).

Edited by BecomingMe, 30 March 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#12 tiredofredmarks91

tiredofredmarks91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Good advice becoming thank you. I actually am a lot less pale than this picture shows I have an olive skin tone so.the marks are just soo red ive heard mixed things from microderm and I really dont know if its worth the money or not for now time and acv are my friends but that can only do so much i? gonna try to see a dermotologistand see what he will recommen but for now does anyone know any good fading creams?

Excuse my fail typing lol my phone sucks

#13 seroyal223

seroyal223

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Personally I would never ever recommend laying in the sun. There's a good chance excessive UV rays will make your spots darker and delay the fading process. Also tanning isn't good for your skin anyway, even if you have a clear face, but that's a discussion for another day lol.

#14 tiredofredmarks91

tiredofredmarks91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

yea ive heard nothing but bad about laying in the sun, haha, but who knows. I am going to go and try to see this dermatologist and see if I have any options to remove a majority of these red marks/scarring or at least fade them with some microderm or a chemical peel possibly, I dont think I am bad enough for dermabrasion tho.

#15 hope711

hope711

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

I had a serious acne ordeal about 3 and a half years ago. I am a girl so taking birth control helped me clear my acne up. However, like you I as left with dark red marks and indents in my skin. I had them on my cheeks forhead and even my jaw. I was a junior in high school when this happened, and no matter how much makeup I wore, it would not cover the marks. my self essteem was at an all time low. I tried many things, like acid peels, my skin is tough so I started using TCA, but it looks silly having burns on your face( even though its quite effective) what really helped me was using a dermaroller. You might have heard of it already, but its a roller with tiny needles on it 0.5-2.0 mm in length. You use the roller on your face wherever there is scars. it helps break up the scar tissue and forces new collagen to replace it. My skin will never be "perfect" or the way it was before, but using this has helped my scars dramatically. Also have patience helps as skin heals on its own with good time. Im proud to say my scars are no longer red, infact they are the same color of my skin. My only problem is the indents (shallow) that are still there. The dermaroller helps plump up my skin, and it is still improving. I also use a vitamin C serum with the dermaroller. since the roller goes into your skin, any product you put on your face absorbs much much better than regularly. I recently had two small pimples, but I scar easily so there i was, left with two red marks on my forehead. using the roller and vitamin c, the scars are almost invisible, so it is even more effective on new scars. Seriously this faded these two scars within two months!, much better than waiting years. Time is the most important factor of course! I wish you good luck!

#16 Paris0584

Paris0584

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

I had a laser treatment done a few years ago and it worked wonders. I currently use 15% TCA peels from makeupartistschoice.com and it's really cheap. I use it to get rid of dark spots and discolorations. I still want glowing skin though.

#17 qrar

qrar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

have you tried lemon juice?

#18 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'd say aloe vera right from the plant, rub on area, then squeeze fresh lemon juice onto it, let it dry don't wash off. Will make big difference. But dude what you got is minor, the rest of your face looks good and your a good lookin dude with a girl so dont let it get to ya.

#19 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

It takes 2 months for my marks to completely fade away. It fades away slowly over time. Just ignore it. It's barely noticeable under certain lights.

#20 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

I would go to a retinoid such as tazorac cream 1%. Worked very well in conjuction with emu oil for me a few years back to clear the remanding red marks