Photo

Vitamin B17 (Bitter Raw Apricot Kernels)

vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b1

3 replies to this topic

#1 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Does anyone have a regular uptake of this vitamin?

It's been linked to cancer prevention and even reversal. I am wondering what effect it may have on acne.

If anyone has any insight please enlighten me.

#2 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

B17 is cyanide. It's not a vitamin. there's no such thing as Vitamin B17. If you want to consume cyanide for some reason, I won't stop you, but at least know what you're putting in your body.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#3 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the info, but I already knew that enzymes break b17 into is baser components (which include HCN)

I call it a vitamin, because if the multitude of anecdotal stories are to be believed, Amygdalin is a necessary substance in small quantities for healthy body function.

However, the point of this post was asking for firsthand experience with supplementation of Amygdalin from members of acne.org, which I consider a most credible source on the whole. I want firsthand stories so I can formulate my own opinions before considering such a treatment for myself.

#4 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

B17 is cyanide. It's not a vitamin. there's no such thing as Vitamin B17. If you want to consume cyanide for some reason, I won't stop you, but at least know what you're putting in your body.

Also, just so people aren't scared off by this statement. I'd like to quote something from the National Cancer Institutes' own website on the saftey of "B17"

Findings from only 2 clinical trials with laetrile have been published. These trials, sponsored by NCI, were done in the late 1970s and early 1980s, and did not include a control group for comparison.

The following has been reported from these 2 clinical trials about the use of laetrile in patients with cancer:

The first trial, a phase I study, tested doses, schedules, and ways to give amygdalin in 6 cancer patients. Researchers found that amygdalin caused very few side effects when given by mouth or intravenously. Two patients who ate raw almonds while taking amygdalin, however, developed symptoms of cyanide poisoning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users