dermaflage fraxel subcision

48 replies to this topic

#41 pineappleXpress

pineappleXpress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

I've tried dermflage only to end up tossing it out. It is extremely difficult & annoying to apply. Also, even if you do get the application right it just looks unnatural! Now i'm just giving my opinion based on my experience but i'm happy to hear it works for you, Rupert. I'm looking more for a permanent fix whereas dermaflage is only temporary which to some isn't such a bad tradeoff.

Edited by pineappleXpress, 11 May 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#42 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

I think most of the reviews from REAL people have been negative on this product.   Seems like there were a lot of accounts made specifically to talk up this product.   All hit and run posts - one post and then that's it.  

It's an intriguing product for sure, but I wonder if it looks obvious in natural lighting.   

#43 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

I've tried dermflage only to end up tossing it out. It is extremely difficult & annoying to apply. Also, even if you do get the application right it just looks unnatural! Now i'm just giving my opinion based on my experience but i'm happy to hear it works for you, Rupert. I'm looking more for a permanent fix whereas dermaflage is only temporary which to some isn't such a bad tradeoff.

im assuming you had the normal dermaflage kit? they came out with a acne scar kit specifically for acne scars. i think this is more effective on ice pick n boxcars i dont see this working on rollling scars i just dont

#44 LuckyDory

LuckyDory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

I use dermaflage on the one small scar on my left cheek everyday and it works very nicely. It does take awhile to get the technique down but I was using it for other scars and eventually found out it only worked to my satisfaction on the one on my left cheek. I love it for now, I use the primer and then apply it with a tooth with a comb. The key is to use as little as possible while filling about 3/4 of the pit and then once you apply the texture pad it will automatically fill the rest in without there being to much causing it to mound or clump up, looking unnatural. It will stay on for various amounts of times, i have noted anywhere from 1-3 days typically depending if i use sunscreen, it seems to make it slough off sooner. It stays on after a shower and any outdoors adventures I have too so overall it works for me while I get other treatments started. Also, It cant be too bad for healing either since there is medical grade silicon in the product, well known for its scaring healing properties. Now if you are trying to cover up 15 scars on your face with this product its just not going to happen, it will take too much time and the results with probably not be satisfactory. If you have a few scars I would still suggest getting some and just playing with it and see what comes out of it.

Edited by LuckyDory, 12 May 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#45 perigon

perigon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

Firstly i found that it took way too long to apply if you have more than one or two scars. Secondly i thought that it looked kinda unnatural in normal day lighting. Indoors and at night you couldn't tell the difference though.

Also it only works to some degree for deep scars, it's impossible to cover the shallow scars with this stuff.

#46 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

I use dermaflage on the one small scar on my left cheek everyday and it works very nicely. It does take awhile to get the technique down but I was using it for other scars and eventually found out it only worked to my satisfaction on the one on my left cheek. I love it for now, I use the primer and then apply it with a tooth with a comb. The key is to use as little as possible while filling about 3/4 of the pit and then once you apply the texture pad it will automatically fill the rest in without there being to much causing it to mound or clump up, looking unnatural. It will stay on for various amounts of times, i have noted anywhere from 1-3 days typically depending if i use sunscreen, it seems to make it slough off sooner. It stays on after a shower and any outdoors adventures I have too so overall it works for me while I get other treatments started. Also, It cant be too bad for healing either since there is medical grade silicon in the product, well known for its scaring healing properties. Now if you are trying to cover up 15 scars on your face with this product its just not going to happen, it will take too much time and the results with probably not be satisfactory. If you have a few scars I would still suggest getting some and just playing with it and see what comes out of it.

im glad  worked for you. what is your scar that responded best was it rolling ice pick or boxcar?

#47 LuckyDory

LuckyDory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

It is a smaller sized boxcar that has remained quite red for awhile, so until the redness goes away i plan to use it. Im also confident that I can almost completely take it away with long term micro needling. Since i only use it on one scar I can make it look flush and natural with the surrounding area but I see that we all agree multiple scar coverings are possible but probably will wont look too good. 

#48 clearskin01

clearskin01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

Dermaflage is definatley for single scars but wont work for someone with multiple icepick scarring and ect. I ordered the product for my icepick scars and it looked terrible. Bottom line if you have a few bigger scars you would like to hide it is achievable with the right techniqe but for mulitple indented scars it would b complete waste of time and hard earned money! Please dont waste your money people coming from an honest consumer!

#49 ChrissyC

ChrissyC

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I have this stuff but got frustrated with it. My biggest "issue" is that my understanding is it needs to be applied to product free skin…which means no serums or moisturizer around the scarred area. And I guess no sunscreen either. Also, it doesn't do well with makeup (except for mineral makeup which makes my skin look terrible…). 

Other than that, it IS promising. The couple of times I got it right, I was amazed! But I seem to be impaired when it comes to the application of this stuff. I'm going to give it another try after reading this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users