48 replies to this topic

#21 Nope.avi

Nope.avi

You wanna know how I got these scars?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Edited by Nope.avi, 08 August 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#22 justmeuk

justmeuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

I could be interested in this but it looks like a lot of faffing around with all the different nozzles and mixing up of stuff. I noticed on their website that they actually do an acne scar correction kit which could be interesting but the UK site doesn't stock this and shipping to the UK would be too expensive from their site. I looked at your site Rupert but i found the photos a little small to see your results properly, if you could make the photos enlargeable that might be better.

#23 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

justmeuk - I think the key difference as to why I get good results with dermaflage and so many others don't is because I don't apply it word for word as per the creators instructions. One big difference is that I do not use the nozzle, that is in my opinion a big waste of silicone. Applying small amount with my finger tips up close to a makeup mirror is the only way I could get it accurate.

Even if your first application is a disaster I would have thought the average acne scar user will straight away see the potential and therefore focus in on modifying the procedure for success. You know, use some initiative. There is a forum there to discuss the product.

Anyway, hope u are well Jusme. It must be 8 years since we had isolagen. Time flies eh? I am not actually hanging around a scar forum looking for scar solutions. I found my solution and it has changed my life. I'm here on the scar forum to try and show other people how it could be their solution as well. There is another reason as well. I want it to be a commercial success. If it isn't, the product gets pulled, then I don't have my scar solution.

As for the messing around u mention with dermaflage, I'll gladly mess around for 30 - 40 minutes every 2-3 days to have smooth skin ;)

#24 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Rupert, I misspelled LaViv, you find more information in this website: http://mylaviv.com/ and here: http://www.fda.gov/B...s/ucm260485.htm
In particular I found this presentation interesting: http://extras.newswi.../fibrocell_.pdf (picture gallery at the end).

They do not state the price for the treatment, but it looks to be around US $ 5,000 (for 3 treatments).

#25 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

frax1 - I do not know the concentration of the laviv so do not know wether it is cheaper now or not. It is certainly my belief that cycling subcision with fibroplast injections will most certainly lead to improvement in scarring. I would envisage a fair few subcisions though and a goodly amount of lavive injections.

The reason why isolagen went bust, is that even though to the consumer it seemed very expensive, the company was actually running at a loss as the technology from their point of view was very expensive. On top of this, plenty women getting small lines corrected experienced no results and sued for their money back. I mean, they had just spent £4k for nothing. The business wasn't breaking even and liquidated itself. My cells were left frozen for 18 months, eventually destroyed.

I think fibroplast injections are more effective for scarring than wrinkles.

If budget and time aren't a so much of a consideration to you, then I think a 24 month intensive treatment of subcision and fibroplast injections, could work out for you. You can always take comfort in that route is very little risk. fibroplast injections - low risk procedure. very low risk in fact compared to others.

#26 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Rupert, it seems that you have very good knowledge of Isolagen and subcision. I already had a five subcisions by the way and I am happy with the results.

Do you believe it is possible to have subcision and Isolagen / Laviv injected the same day?

Do you know, for how long the fibroblasts can be stored (in case one needs more time between treatments)?

#27 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

frax 1 - if you don't mind me asking, if you are happy with the subcision results, how come u are looking into more treatments? i.e. fibroplast injections?

As for having laviv and subcision the same day, your question surprises me a little. You will know having had subcision that your cheeks swell up with blood like a hamster on the day. If you were to have a filler on the same day after the subcision, on injection, the pressure would be such that the filler would just squirt out of the injection holes. Makes sense and that is what my plastic surgeon told me.

I sometimes hear about people having fillers and subcision on the same day but do not know how this is possible. Or if it does in fact even happen.

Anyway, to answer your question. You'd wait until 3 weeks after the subcision to have your fibroplast injections. The swelling will have gone down by then, but the skin will not have had a chance to reattach itself to the fibrous scarring it has been released from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, we've been getting a little off topic here. This thread was about dermaflage, which to my surprise has little to no interest from anybody. It didn't the last time I was here either. People of course fail with dermaflage and many sadly give up, when they were closer than they thought they were to mastering it. Thought I'd list a couple of the most common problems.

1) Too much filler. Easy one to correct, with practise you'll know how much to use. Mix it on a plate with a spatula. Don't use the nozzle. I think it is impossible to be accurate with the nozzle for acne scars.
2) Shiny - doesn't look like skin. It will look like perfect skin if u master the pad. You need that texture from the pad on the silicone, otherwise it will look shiny. if u can get any of the old daphne pads. Great. Thats my preference. i've got 80 of them. Apply the pad quickly after silicone applied. Leaving it too long means no imprint will happen, i.e. shiny silicone on face. Also take great care when taking the pad off. You do not want to lift any silicone off. I take off the pad real slowly with my face up close to a beauty mirror. I take the pad off with the same caution as if I was cutting the wire on a bomb.

let's discuss dermaflage tips!!!!!

#28 el_loco

el_loco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

hey Rupert, man I'm very interested in trying Dermaflage. It is very pricey though so I was wondering: how often do you need to get refills? From your pictures it seems like I would have to use it on the same area, only on both cheeks. Also, my temples.

Also, I have my acne under control but I do need to use Dan's BP and cleanser in order to keep it at bay. Do you have any idea if this would affect at all? (I'm saying using BP and cleanser before applying and after removing Dermaflage)?

Thanks for bringing this product to my attention, I am this close to ordering it myself to see how it works!

#29 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

el-loco - I'd advise on just doing the few scars that are the worst and learning to live with the smaller ones that don't matter.

There is no way u are going to be able to apply BP, then apply dermaflage. dermaflage needs clean, washed, dry skin for application and once applied will last for days.

as for cost, it has gone up in price. Still cheaper than medical procedures. And at least you'll fill.

#30 jacno

jacno

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

i was going to order some a few months back but what worries me is i might order the wrong "color" for my skin. I'm not to sure on what to choose. I'm native american, i'm not to sure if theres a perfect color for my skin. i guess thats why the offer samples right? maybe i'll give it a go soon, thanks for the notice rupert, i appriaciate the advice

#31 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

jacno - u need the starter pack. u might want to go to the website and ask the support there on color. try all 3 colors in your starter to pack to work out which one is best color. it is impossible to guess them by looking at the syringes. it looks different on.

#32 Nightlilly89

Nightlilly89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Rupert, I misspelled LaViv, you find more information in this website: http://mylaviv.com/ and here: http://www.fda.gov/B...s/ucm260485.htm
In particular I found this presentation interesting: http://extras.newswi.../fibrocell_.pdf (picture gallery at the end).

They do not state the price for the treatment, but it looks to be around US $ 5,000 (for 3 treatments).

it's more like 4,000 unless you add in other things like lasers or subcisions of course.. injections after that would be less because you don't need the inital cost to get everything set up

Edited by Nightlilly89, 20 April 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#33 el_loco

el_loco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

so Rupert I realized they are now selling a kit specifically for acne scars issues. since you're an experienced user of this product, would you say it would actually work better? I can't really see much difference between this and the regular kit so I don't know if it matters

#34 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Bump

#35 amy2007

amy2007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

I have been visiting these scar forums for years to read about other people's experiences with scar treatments. I have two big chicken pox scars and lasers have not done much because they are deep (box-scars). They are very noticeable and I used to avoid talking to people because they stared at my scars and it made me feel depressed. I thought the only solution would be to have them excised, but was too afraid of the outcome after some terrible experiences I read here (in most cases the scar was not "flat" as promised by the surgeon). One of them (the worse one) is in my cheek and the other one in my forehead. Make-up only made my scars look worse, it made the scars edges more noticeable (they are crater scars).

Rupert, after reading your post I decided to try Dermablend. This was a couple of months ago, and I have not visited these forums again until now. Mainly because I'm no longer obsessed with my scars. I'm so grateful I found this product. It takes some practice to apply it correctly, but once you learn the scars are totally gone. I used to think about my scars 24-7, always obsessing with the lighting when talking to other people. I just came back to share my experience. I was willing to change my craters by linear scars, but this is even better because scars cannot be seen at all. Yes, I would prefer a permanent solution rather than using "make-up", but I don't think there is a permanent treatment that will totally fix my scars right now, so I'm more than happy with this temporary solution.

Thank you Rupert. I hope this helps other people here too. I'm not selling this product, but as Rupert said, I want it to be successful so they keep selling it, because it is the only thing I found that covers my scars .

#36 vertrel21

vertrel21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

I agree.  I just signed up to acne.org so I can talk about Dermaflage.  I just received Dermaflage in the mail a few days ago.  I have been working with the product to perfect it.  It does take a little practice to get it right.  But I can see the potential in this product.  I've spent many hours researching medical solutions to the problem and really not being too positive about any of them.  I always thought to myself "why can't there just be something I can fill in the scars myself", and guess what... there is.  It is called Dermaflage and I recommend it to everyone.

#37 trendycat

trendycat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

I purchased a dermaflage acne scar kit and applied it to my ice pick scars as well as my rolling scars. it starts to peel very fast and is very obvious that you are wearing a layer on top of your scars. it might work for tiny ice pick scars if you do each one individually but i'm not really sure.

#38 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

i styll have my dermaflage sitting there for almost A year now. im honestly scared of my making my scars look worse. im planning on trying soon

#39 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

I think I'm going to try this. Obviously I'd like to get enough improvement from treatments that I'd feel comfortable in my skin without any make-up or concealment, but I know it could probably do me a lot of good if on my bad days I could make the worst pockmarks look better or almost unnoticeable with some kind of a product.

Shame Rupert's Dermaflage instruction page doesn't seem to be working anymore.

#40 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

bump. an alternative to doing treatments that dont work. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users