Photo

Sunscreen/sunblock

sunscreen sunblock sun protection acne regimen hyperpigmentation wrinkles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 MissTClarke

MissTClarke

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hey guys, i just wanted to know what your using for sun protection? I don't usually use sunscreen because it always breaks me out, but... i think its a good idea to use it while on this regimen. Thanks in advance.
Acne
XOXO Tamara

#2 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

I don't usually use sunscreen on my face, even on the regimen. Some people including Dan swear you need it, but I don't really think so. I haven't experienced any more skin sensitivity to sun since being on the regimen. The only time I use face sun screen is when going on vacation somewhere tropical. Been to Hawaii and th caribbean recently and I used it then because the sun is so strong in those placesand I'm from the pacific northwest. When I was there I used neutragena face sport sunscreen SPF 30. Worked great, and I maybe got 1 new pimple during a 10 day trip using it every day twice a day. Works well I think.

#3 MissTClarke

MissTClarke

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

@Swj48 Thank you! maybe i'll give that one a try or i'll try and hold out until Dan comes up with something.
Acne
XOXO Tamara

#4 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Neutrogena Dry-Touch sunblock in SPF 30.

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

#5 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Definitely a good idea to use during the regimen, especially if you have hyper-pigmentation issues... Personally I use Solar Sense /Clear Zinc SPF 70... Been using it for a while and haven't broken out.... It won't dry you out like other sunscreens can on the regimen... Good luck... :)
DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

#6 MissTClarke

MissTClarke

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

@Ghost08 Yes! that's what i used to use so i think i'm gonna try it again, and its cheap.

@nycqueen thanks hun :)
Acne
XOXO Tamara

#7 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

There's really nothing great out there unfortunately. My favorite right now (albeit expensive) is to use Philosophy Hope In A Jar SPF30 mixed half and half with Acne.org Moisturizer (and a few drops of jojoba usually). If I wasn't using benzoyl peroxide, I would be completely in love with the Philosophy SPF, but any zinc or titanium based SPF is going to create flakiness if used after benzoyl peroxide, thus the need to mix it with some more hydrating stuff.

In the meantime, I am still working on an SPF for us. Check the blog for updates on that.

#8 Ben Taylor Davies

Ben Taylor Davies

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I love Clinique Super City Block - SPF 40, they also do a more sheer SPF 25 version! You don't need much so it lasts a while, and it gives just the right amount of coverage on any redness/enlarged pores (of which I suffer from terribly!!!).

I also love L'oreal Solar Expertise Active Anti-Wrinkle and Brown Spot SPF 50 (long name I know...), but that's harder to find! Neither of these have ever really caused me to break out... Though I think some slight congestion in the skin is inevitable from anything that 'sits' on the surface of the face!

Hope this helps :)

#9 MissTClarke

MissTClarke

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Thanks Dan! i'll make sure i check it out while i wait for you Posted Image

@Ben cool! i'll go check those out too.
Acne
XOXO Tamara

#10 mnoor

mnoor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

I just ordered the big kit plus and I can't wait to use it but I want to add SPF moisturizer in the am should I apply it after dans moisturizer or should I replace it with dans moisturizer and add 4-5 drops of jojoba oil with it ???
and if not replace it should I add jojoba oil with dans moisturizer and after that some drops with my sunscreen??

#11 Sarah143

Sarah143

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30 Sensitive Skin

It doesn't break me out. :D

#12 MissTClarke

MissTClarke

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

I just ordered the big kit plus and I can't wait to use it but I want to add SPF moisturizer in the am should I apply it after dans moisturizer or should I replace it with dans moisturizer and add 4-5 drops of jojoba oil with it ???
and if not replace it should I add jojoba oil with dans moisturizer and after that some drops with my sunscreen??

Well the standard way is to cleanse treat and moisturize, then you can apply a sunscreen of your choice. I haven't chosen one yet but you can read the previous post and see what other people have recommended. Good luck...

Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30 Sensitive Skin

It doesn't break me out. Posted Image

I was looking into some Olay stuff but they are so expensive UGH i'll still check out the reviews though. Thanks!
Acne
XOXO Tamara