Photo

Red Bumps On Cheeks

chemical peel makeup oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

So on Monday I was fairly clear and went and had some blackheads extracted as well as I had another acleara treatment. So on Thursday and Friday I got a few zits each day and then Saturday morning I woke up these little red bumps on my cheeks so I was freaking out and didnt go anywhere yesterday or put any makeup because I didnt want to make it worse. So I went to bed last night and woke up again this morning with more red bumps and very oily skin but only in the cheek areas. I will post pics and as you can see the one cheek only has 2 spots while the other one is covered. I cant figure out what it is but could this be an allergic reaction to something? I havent changed cleansers or anything lately and I have been eating the same except for limiting my sugar intake. I dont know if I should go back to my derm this week or back to the laser center to have them do another treatment or to try a chemical peel to clear this up. This is so frustrating because my skin was starting to look so good again.

Edited by KHowz, 15 May 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#2 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

I get those sometimes, except they're smaller and they feel really bumpy and rough in texture! What I do is put a slight amount of Pond's cold cream on them, and ice them down. They usually go away by themselves in a few days. If you wear make up that might be causing an irritation.

#3 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

thanks for the info i will try that. i do wear makeup but havent worn it in a few days so that is why i thought it was so odd to be waking up with these bumps. its like over the weekend my cheek area has gotten so much more oily but i cant figure out why. i appreciate your advice!

#4 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

What's aclera?

It looks irritated. Maybe you break out after these things because they're irritating your skin. irritation can cause acne.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#5 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

acleara is a laser acne treatment that helps to clear the skin and shrink the pores. i had them before and it cleared up my skin so well.

#6 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Oh, okay.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#7 cvd

cvd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Your skin got oily due to inflammation. It's the skin's way of trying to get rid of whatever is causing the inflammation.

Before doing the laser treatments how did you break out...where and what type of acne?

Your pics look a little like rosacea to me. I don't usually break out on my cheeks but once when I tried using salicylic acid and when I overused proactiv I started getting that kind of reaction. I had to stop using all acne products and my derm had me use metrogel to calm things down...had to do this for several months. Metrogel is very cooling and soothing but also works as an antibacterial...so it can help acne too.

I think you should see your derm before doing another laser tx or a chemical peel. Like you, I doubt your bumps are due to the laser tx...unless that is where you used to break out and the laser tx is finally getting down to underlying plugged up pores and causing the skin to purge them. If so...then this could be the dreaded purging phase of so many treatments.

I get monthly microdermabrasions and was told this might happen. Like you my skin had been looking better and better since starting the microdermabrasion (along with the complicated tx below). After the 2nd microdermabrasion I got a huge and I mean a huge cyst on my chin. Went from nothing to a very big, red, infected bump in only a few hours. Wierd. Kind of like your bumps...from relatively clear skin to something awful. It was incredibly deep. It drained that night and a couple of days later my skin was clear again. Very wierd. But I think it was because the microdermabrasion made it possible for this deep thing to finally be expelled.

You may want to ice your cheeks. This may help lower the inflammatory respose. And drink tons of water. Hope it clears up soon!

Status - 99.9% clear

Morning - Panoxyl 4 Cleanser (BP), Cleocin-T, DML Lotion, Physician's Formula SPF 30 Mineral Pressed Powder, Spiro 100 mg

Night - Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar, DML Lotion

Monthly - Professional microdermabrasion

Diet - Whole high nutrient unprocessed foods.  Avoid oils, dairy, sugars, bread, nuts, alcohol, caffeine, and fermented foods.

Supplements - Opti l-zinc, citrical + D3

Daily - Walk, breath deeply, meditate and do yoga daily, wear hats for sun protection 

#8 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

hey cvd, just to give you an update my face is so much better now and all those red bumps are gone thank goodness. i dont know what it was but now i am starting to think it was the laser treatment that did it because i was mostly clear before i went in to have my last one done. i had some bumps on the outer part of my face that i wanted gone but the rest of my face was clear so i do wonder it the treatment made my skin purge all at once but i dont normally ever breakout on my cheeks maybe one here and there but never anything like that. the derm thought it was rosacea as well and gave me metro gel to use. i put it on my face and it burned so i stopped using it. is that a normal reaction to that stuff? anyway i am glad that mess is over with thats for sure. i also changed my diet and stopped drinking caffeine as well as eating sugar and am limiting my wheat consumption too. hopefully this all helps but my derm did give me a script for 50mg of doxy to take daily for as long as i want. she said it was safe to take it for years but being that i just got off doxy a few weeks ago i am going to wait a bit before taking it again. i feel like my body needed a break from it ya know? anyway thanks so much for your reply. i appreciate it. how is your skin doing? are you going back to get another microderm anytime soon? i am done with those acleara treatments thank goodness!!