teenage acne demodex mites pimples spots rosacea

21 replies to this topic

#1 Rossss

Rossss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

After much research on the subject on the internet there is a general consensus that 90% of teenage acne is caused by demodex mites and that only 10% is caused by bacteria. Because the sebaceous glands produce more sebum during our teenage years because of our fluctuating hormone levels it makes our facial skin an ideal breeding ground for demodex mites. They can quickly increase in numbers and this is what results in bacterial infections and acne. As they decompose they block our pores which leads to infections, pimples etc. People who suffer from adult acne and rosacea, which are also thought to be caused by demodex mites, commonly suffer from really bad acne when they are going through their teenage years. There appears to be a link here which needs further investigation. Clinical studies have shown that tea tree oil kills demodex mites. In Eastern Europe and China it is well known and an accepted theory that demodex mites cause acne. They also prescribe creams and lotions that contain tea tree oil to kill demodex mites and therefore help with acne and rosacea. In the US and Europe this is still not accepted because we rely on the drug companies to lead the way but unfortunately for us, the consumer, there is no profit in tea tree oil medications since it is natural and it cannot be patented.
I have personally been using a natural treatment for acne by Mama Nature and it is the only treatment that has ever helped my really bad acne. I still have bad acne scars which I hope will heal through time but this definitely works to get rid of the acne. There are other lotions that contain tea tree oil and I'm sure they work also and i would definitely recommend that if you suffer from acne you look in to these.

#2 someonefromabove

someonefromabove

straight ahead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

It is highly overlooked that demodex causes most acne, as well as related diseases such as rosacea and even keratosis pilaris. However, it actually is a scientific fact that demodex is involved here. People will continue to overlook demodex, as it is still HIGHLY unknown to the public. This is also due to the fact that most people find the idea of their skin hosting mites totally ridiculous. Actually it is so unknown that one has to ask oneself what's going on.

Demodex can be eliminated using powerful natural anti-parasitics, such as TTO. But it has to be used in the right form, merely using TTO water solution or pure on the face will not eliminate it. Demodex is also highly suppressed by Benzoyl Peroxide, which is why the acne.org regimen does work
~ sfa

Edited by someonefromabove, 29 September 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#3 amyelena

amyelena

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

This is really interesting , I've NEVER heard of this before but after reading this I am def going to look into it!
Is there anything that has been found to kill these mites with a high success rate? Benzyl Peroxide and me don't get on but TTO should be fine. I'm going to find out all I can about this now!

#4 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

The posters in this thread are highly overstating the role of demodex mites, but it is not entirely untrue. A meta-analysis is posted on pubmed reviewing the relevant literature. Consider it an option, but not an overwhelming causative factor in "90%" of acne.

Mites and rosacea is often talked about, and you can find products meant specifically for rosacea patients and rosacea mites (Garden of Wisdom).

#5 steaklover

steaklover

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

im scared. is this a real thing? or an elaborate joke?

im scared to think these things are living in my face. honestly i dont understand or believe. help

#6 13yearsofAcne

13yearsofAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

After much research on the subject on the internet there is a general consensus that 90% of teenage acne is caused by demodex mites and that only 10% is caused by bacteria...

No there really isn't.

#7 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Ignore this whole thread, the forum is like infected with spam posters trying to advertise that 'mama nature' crap. And the mites thing is a complete myth.

#8 someonefromabove

someonefromabove

straight ahead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Ignore this whole thread, the forum is like infected with spam posters trying to advertise that 'mama nature' crap. And the mites thing is a complete myth.

Have you checked pubmed for countless medical evidence of Demodex folliculorum and Demodex brevis? This is just an utterly stupid comment.

#9 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

im scared. is this a real thing? or an elaborate joke?

im scared to think these things are living in my face. honestly i dont understand or believe. help

Don't worry about it. We have a whole host of things living inside of us and on the surface of our skin. Out bodies are like a planet of different microorganisms. Scary, but true. 

#10 someonefromabove

someonefromabove

straight ahead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yep, no need to worry. Just educate yourself. LewisS words are true

#11 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Demomites are not the

After much research on the subject on the internet there is a general consensus that 90% of teenage acne is caused by demodex mites and that only 10% is caused by bacteria. Because the sebaceous glands produce more sebum during our teenage years because of our fluctuating hormone levels it makes our facial skin an ideal breeding ground for demodex mites. They can quickly increase in numbers and this is what results in bacterial infections and acne. As they decompose they block our pores which leads to infections, pimples etc. People who suffer from adult acne and rosacea, which are also thought to be caused by demodex mites, commonly suffer from really bad acne when they are going through their teenage years. There appears to be a link here which needs further investigation. Clinical studies have shown that tea tree oil kills demodex mites. In Eastern Europe and China it is well known and an accepted theory that demodex mites cause acne. They also prescribe creams and lotions that contain tea tree oil to kill demodex mites and therefore help with acne and rosacea. In the US and Europe this is still not accepted because we rely on the drug companies to lead the way but unfortunately for us, the consumer, there is no profit in tea tree oil medications since it is natural and it cannot be patented.
I have personally been using a natural treatment for acne by Mama Nature and it is the only treatment that has ever helped my really bad acne. I still have bad acne scars which I hope will heal through time but this definitely works to get rid of the acne. There are other lotions that contain tea tree oil and I'm sure they work also and i would definitely recommend that if you suffer from acne you look in to these.

Demodex mites are not the direct cause of acne according to your post... it is the fluctuating hormones that LEADS to all those things (i.e. oily skin, ideal breeding ground for mites etc). 

So the solution lies therein to figure out what is causing fluctuating hormones.

#12 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

I find this statistic disturbing...

#13 yellowdove

yellowdove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

I don't believe mites cause acne.  No way.

#14 someonefromabove

someonefromabove

straight ahead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

I don't believe mites cause acne.  No way.

Well, check the medical research

#15 Madeleine24

Madeleine24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

http://dermnetnz.org...emodicosis.html

Doesn't show any acne correlation here. I read it's rare to transfer to humans but now am very confused. 

#16 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

My allergist told me that it's possible, and not just for teenage acne. Mites can also nest in facial hair. Some ways to control mite exposure are to change your pillowcase often, get a hypoallergenic pillow, and air your bed every day (making your bed actually makes it more moist and more likely to attract mites). As if there aren't enough things to be paranoid about! eusa_wall.gif

#17 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cure Acne

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

what is the source of this nonsense -- ignored

#18 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

If you're ignoring it, why are you posting?!

#19 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

If you're ignoring it, why are you posting?!

haha, good point!

@ solveacneforever, you seem like you have good research skills. You haven't found any evidence on this? This is just another acne theory, not saying it's valid but a professional allergist mentioned it to me as a possibility, so the least I could do was google it and educate myself.

#20 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cure Acne

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

safer to ignore unreliable claims. <-- this is part quality research skills (if someone had bad research skills, they would go around researching every single claim out there)

i suggest you do the same. but im going to make a second reply to explain and help others anymore so turning off this notification.

and any insightful person would understand i posted that to make a point (a good first post would've had a source, but i've learned not to expect this on a forum that allow basically anything)

if i had to explain everything to all these students, i would get nothing done...........................................................

Edited by solveanceforever, 06 June 2013 - 11:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users