fish oil green smoothie

4 replies to this topic

#1 ViperVin

ViperVin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

I've been struggling with acne for a very long time. Look to my profile and you will see I've been a member of the site since 2004! A lot of remedies, both natural and prescription, have helped reduce my acne, but nothing was clearing it for a stable period of time. Accutane was very effective, but after half a year, my skin was starting to get inflammed again. I had to find another solution.

I stumbled upon the anti-inflammation diets plus Dr. Oz's green smoothies and found them fantastic. My energy levels, focus, blood sugar, cholesterol, were all great, except I was still breaking out.

I kept experimenting with different smoothie combinations and I finally figured it out -- a mix of three seeds taken every day:

1) Organic Whole Flax Seed
2) Organic Hempseed
3) Organic Chia Seed

Equal portions of each blended and and a total of 1/4 cup everyday.

I've been doing this for the last year now and have completely minimized my break outs. I've been able to bring back my "junk" and inflammatory foods without any noticible impact on my skin. Facial washes, moisturizers, etc. are irrelevant and also have no impact.

Something about those three seeds together was the answer. I've been taking flax seed and fish oil supplements for a long time, but they never helped with my breakouts. It was not until I added hemp and chia did my skin suddenly start improving.

Give this a shot for at least 2 months, being very strict with taking at least 1/4 cup every day. Let me know how it goes!

#2 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

if u do this twice a day in order to get a TOTAL of 1/4 cup every day, that means 1/8 of a cup of the seed mixture (in equal ratio) twice a day right? so... 1/24 of a cup of each seed lol! which is...

1/24 of 1 US cup = 9.8578 ml
and
9.8578 ml = 2 US tsp

so... 2 tsp each of flax, hemp, chia seeds TWICE a day...

#3 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:health, well being, natural healing, sports, diving, reading, internet

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

How long you've been getting results with this regimen? I'm asking cos acne comes and goes. So hope this is not just a temporary improvement.

Both flax and hemp seeds are quite high in omega 3 fatty acids. Might be that what's helping you.

#4 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

I've been doing this for the last year now and have completely minimized my break outs. I've been able to bring back my "junk" and inflammatory foods without any noticible impact on my skin.

Why would you want to bring back your junk and inflammatory foods? Think of how much more of an impact this would have if you completely eliminated crap foods. Even if you didn't consume these seeds, think of how much healthier you would be simply by omitting all junk food and replacing it with healthy alternatives. I don't like hearing stories about people finding a single food that helps their acne, and then claiming they can now eat like crap cause one food is saving them. It's great that seeds are working for you, but you should be addressing your overall nutrition

Edited by onefatalgoose, 18 June 2012 - 11:27 AM.

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

#5 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

you just lacked omega 3s, those are in all those seeds in pretty high proportions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users