Photo

From Natural To Not (& My Reasons Why)

zinc probiotic aha alpha hydroxy acid makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#21 MYYMMYYM

MYYMMYYM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

You have beautiful skin now! I hope it stays that way!

#22 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

May 1st, 2012

Is anyone else completely stoked about summer? I live in Florida so I am very much excited. I cannot wait to go to the beach! Unfortunately, I know for some of you dread summer because of increased oil production and SWEAT. *Yuck* I for one am also worried about this.

But on a side note, I am so utterly happy about my skin that I have not been wearing anything on my face except a little pressed powder on my T-zone and mascara and other various eye makeups. If I am doing anything other than just going to work I will dab a little concealer on my left cheek where I have a couple of scars. I hate hate hate makeup, but I wear liquid or mineral foundation when I think a lot of people might see me. Luckily for me, my boyfriend is also grossed out by makeup on my face and always tells me how beautiful I am when I'm not wearing any.

I think having positive reinforcement like this really helps. No one wants to the only person who thinks their skin is getting better.

I might have told you all about my lovely sister who has started using Dan's products with me, and OH MY GAH her skin is so much better. I would love if she made a log on here but I don't think she has time. But maybe I will get her permission to get some pictures and post them for y'all to see. She has cystic acne and his products have helped her sooooo much. She also used to have this weird coloring and skin texture on her nose, it looked almost ashy but after using AHA it has gone away.

But anywho, I hope everyone has a lovely day!

You have beautiful skin now! I hope it stays that way!

Me too YMED, me too!

#23 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

May 7th, 2012

Well, I used my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask aaaaaand, when I woke up the next day I had a little pimple on my chin. Sad day! It was also really really red! I applied some TTO and that seemed to calm it down but apparenlty in my sleep I scratched at it or something because it looked...raw? Weird!!!!!

#24 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Your skin looks great!

I had the same problem. 2.5% BP cleared up my skin so well, but it was getting so dry and peely everyone was starting to notice.
I changed to a more natural regimen and now my acne is back and I'm back to square 1 :(

I'm enjoying reading about your success though!

#25 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

June 4th, 2012

It's hard to believe it's almost been a month since I've talked to you guys. My life has been pretty hectic but as I was getting ready this morning I decided I could take a couple of seconds to get some pictures for y'all!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would like to apologize if you have a tiny monitor and these pictures are very large. I feel that it is important to have large pictures though so you can see everything clearer. Also, please ignore my eyelash that fell on my cheek! Haha

SO! On to the updates:

I have stopped doing the oil cleanse because I found it to be too time consuming. I like to get things done fast so I took this out.

I am still completely in love with my Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial soap. This stuff is amazing at removing makeup! Speaking of makeup, I now only use concealer and pressed powder. Proud of me? I am.

I am STILL taking my supplements! I just love them and feel like they might help a little bit.

I did a 50/50 Honey and Aloe mask last night and it made my skin sooooooo soft. Does anyone else do honey masks? It smells horrible to me but mixing it with aloe really toned the smell down :]

Thanks so much to those of you who take the time to read my log! Much love to you all!

Keep smiling my beauties!

Your skin looks great!

I had the same problem. 2.5% BP cleared up my skin so well, but it was getting so dry and peely everyone was starting to notice.
I changed to a more natural regimen and now my acne is back and I'm back to square 1 Posted Image

Thanks so much for the kind comment. I'm sorry that happened to you. Did you moisturize well while using BP?

#26 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Your skin looks great!

I changed to a more natural regimen and now my acne is back and I'm back to square 1 Posted Image

Thanks so much for the kind comment. I'm sorry that happened to you. Did you moisturize well while using BP?

It got to the point where I had to take moisturizer to college (which is not cool for a guy!). I would put it on after each class and that still wasn't enough. My regimen has evolved since then anyway Posted Image
By the way, I use an olive oil and honey mask every morning before I leave and my face feels wonderful. In addition, it works well to reduce red marks (better than anything I've ever tried!)

Edited by Uglydude, 04 June 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#27 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

June 7th, 2012

So, I forgot to take my supplements for two days and a pimple popped up on my cheek and that sucker was HUGE!

I took my vitamins though and the next day it already looked better! I guess they are more important to my clear skin than I thought.

In other news. GUESS WHAT?! That whole honey mask thing is UH MAZE ZING!!!! My scars are so much lighter! I'm boucning in my seat with excitement. Sorry for my use of exclamation marks, I'm just a little happy over here!

#28 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

June 12th, 2012

I hope everyone is well this afternoon. I just wanted to let you all know that I have been doing the Honey mask since the 7th and it has not caused any breakouts. I am very pleased with the results and hope some of you may give it a go :]

My 'recipe' is as follows: 1tsp Raw Organic Honey + a sprinkle of ground Oatmeal + a few drops of Jojoba Oil.

Sometimes I leave out the Oil if I feel my skin doesnt need it. After I apply this mask I leave it on for about 30 minutes. I had a problem with getting the oatmeal to stick to my skin but I realized I needed to 'pat' it onto the skin and not try to rub it on.

I love how soft it makes my skin! It's incredible!

I would really love to hear from anyone else who has tried this and what recipe they used.

Have an awesome day y'all and stay beautiful!

#29 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

June 15th, 2012

Okay guys, I have so many questions I would love to discuss with you. If anyone feels like it, of course :]

1. How many of my fellow Acne.orgers use a toner in their daily regimen? I have noticed a lot of people who don't.

(We should really come up with a name for ourselves. Someone should personally take on this task)

2. Why do those of you who go the natural route, choose to do so?

3. How important is sunscreen to you?

4. Do you find keeping a personal log helpful, or does it cause you more harm?

5. How many of you take supplements and believe they have helped clear your skin?

These are just some things on my mind that I would love to hear your personal opinions about.

Stay beautiful!

#30 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

1. I use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar as a "toner" and as soon as that dries I apply 100% Pure Aloe. I heard you raving about it and oh my god I want to put it on everything haha. It makes a huge difference in my regimen. :)

2. I use a mostly natural approach but wash day and night with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash with salicylic acid. It foams super nicely and I really feel like my face is clean when I use it. I used that Burt's Bees acne stuff and the pH is too high and it gave me a bunch of little bumps everywhere that wouldn't go away. It didn't feel like it was really doing anything. Though it smelled wonderful. :P

3. I LOVE the sun. I do use a daily moisturizer with SPF 15 and wear makeup on a daily basis with a bunch of SPF in it but I do admit I like to indulge in some rays because my face stays so white and my body gets so dark so fast. Plus a little vitamin D is good for you and I don't spend too much time in the sun.

4. Personal logs are great, they help you remember your goals and stick to your plans. It also allows for fellow "acne.orgers" to help you with a boost of confidence and share their regimens also.

5. I haven't seen major improvement in my skin from the supplements I take but when I was drinking a full cup of lemon juice a day I could see a dramatic difference. I also got an upper endoscopy done because I've had stomach and digestive problems my whole life and they said I had an irritated esophagus so I discontinued that. But it was super helpful!

#31 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

1. I use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar as a "toner" and as soon as that dries I apply 100% Pure Aloe. I heard you raving about it and oh my god I want to put it on everything haha. It makes a huge difference in my regimen. Posted Image

2. I use a mostly natural approach but wash day and night with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash with salicylic acid. It foams super nicely and I really feel like my face is clean when I use it. I used that Burt's Bees acne stuff and the pH is too high and it gave me a bunch of little bumps everywhere that wouldn't go away. It didn't feel like it was really doing anything. Though it smelled wonderful. Posted Image

3. I LOVE the sun. I do use a daily moisturizer with SPF 15 and wear makeup on a daily basis with a bunch of SPF in it but I do admit I like to indulge in some rays because my face stays so white and my body gets so dark so fast. Plus a little vitamin D is good for you and I don't spend too much time in the sun.

4. Personal logs are great, they help you remember your goals and stick to your plans. It also allows for fellow "acne.orgers" to help you with a boost of confidence and share their regimens also.

5. I haven't seen major improvement in my skin from the supplements I take but when I was drinking a full cup of lemon juice a day I could see a dramatic difference. I also got an upper endoscopy done because I've had stomach and digestive problems my whole life and they said I had an irritated esophagus so I discontinued that. But it was super helpful!

Thanks so much for your reply! Aloe is AMAZING! I could not believe how great that stuff is.

Do you dilute your ACV when used as a toner?

#32 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

June 19th, 2012

Okay guys. Writing a log has proved to be quite difficult as while I am writing it will randomly make me start writing in the middle of my sentence. FRUSTRATING!

Now that I put that out there, I have been doing pretty well. I started my placebo and three days later a pimple appeared on my cheek. I am out of TTO so I could not spot treat. I should receive my new bottle in the mail today. I am trying a new brand and I will let you know how I feel about it. Before I was using the Desert Essence brand, which worked very well.

I just let the pimple do its thing and it has since passed. I am surprised it did not last longer but I give credit to Dan's products ;]

I have to share with you all something quite interesting. My boyfriend has Acne on his back, which he does not care to do anything about. I don't care but it leaves all kinds of scars on his back. Well anyways, we went swimming and were out for about 2 hours. I got a little toasted on my shoulders because I forgot to apply sunscreen (Oh the tragedy!) and he got pretty pink all over his back. TWO DAYS LATER.... His back was as clear as can be. Holy weirdness. Has anyone ever had experience with the sun clearing up there acne?

I would never try this because I have had skin cancer before and I don't ever want to have it again, and it runs in my family.

Stay beautiful, and stay hopeful!

P.S. has anyone had any trouble with this stupid reply box not spell checking correctly?!

#33 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I actually don't dilute it <_< >_> I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to haha but maybe I figure it's "full strength" by not. Or I'm just an idiot haha I really should. Or rinse it off. But I guess I'm lazy? I don't know haha I bought a container perfect for it I think I'm going to go home tonight and add purified water to it and mix it up. I just don't know the ratio.

I hear 1 tablespoon to every 1 cup of water is what you're supposed to do. I had the same mixture as a conditioner when I was trying to go super cheap and nice on my hair. I used baking soda and water as shampoo too. Not very kind to my hair, nope. :P Felt sooo dry but looked pretty nice and styled well lol but I never did it long enough for my hair to get used to it.

#34 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

I noticed you mentioned using Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo in your original post. Do you still use it? Like it? Has it helped? Any side effects? Haha, sorry for all the questions but I'm going on BC this month and I'm trying to decide between the Mirena IUD or Ortho Tri-Cyclen (Lo or Reg)... I'd prefer IUD for convenience and less hormones, but would love to see if OTC Lo improved my acne! I'm scared it'll get worse on any form of BC though :(

#35 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

I noticed you mentioned using Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo in your original post. Do you still use it? Like it? Has it helped? Any side effects? Haha, sorry for all the questions but I'm going on BC this month and I'm trying to decide between the Mirena IUD or Ortho Tri-Cyclen (Lo or Reg)... I'd prefer IUD for convenience and less hormones, but would love to see if OTC Lo improved my acne! I'm scared it'll get worse on any form of BC though :(

I am still using it. I actually used to have times when my ovarian cysts would burst, and it has helped me tremendously.
I do believe it has had a positive effect on my acne. I usually only have breakouts during my placebo week.
As a plus, I don't get cramps anymore either! -Insert happy dance-
I would definitely recommend it.

And never worry about asking too many questions!

I actually don't dilute it <_< >_> I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to haha but maybe I figure it's "full strength" by not. Or I'm just an idiot haha I really should. Or rinse it off. But I guess I'm lazy? I don't know haha I bought a container perfect for it I think I'm going to go home tonight and add purified water to it and mix it up. I just don't know the ratio.

I hear 1 tablespoon to every 1 cup of water is what you're supposed to do. I had the same mixture as a conditioner when I was trying to go super cheap and nice on my hair. I used baking soda and water as shampoo too. Not very kind to my hair, nope. :P Felt sooo dry but looked pretty nice and styled well lol but I never did it long enough for my hair to get used to it.

I used to use that same ratio when I used handmade shampoo bars! My hair was very silky but the vinegar smell didn't go away when it dried like everyone said. So I stopped.
I would like to start using a homemade toner to save some money but I'm kind of addicted to my current one :-/
I guess no harm in trying, and I'll be able to share my results with the world, right?

#36 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

I noticed you mentioned using Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo in your original post. Do you still use it? Like it? Has it helped? Any side effects? Haha, sorry for all the questions but I'm going on BC this month and I'm trying to decide between the Mirena IUD or Ortho Tri-Cyclen (Lo or Reg)... I'd prefer IUD for convenience and less hormones, but would love to see if OTC Lo improved my acne! I'm scared it'll get worse on any form of BC though Posted Image

I am still using it. I actually used to have times when my ovarian cysts would burst, and it has helped me tremendously.
I do believe it has had a positive effect on my acne. I usually only have breakouts during my placebo week.

Alright thank you so much! I actually just got prescribed Ortho Tri-Cyclen (regular) today and hopefully if the pharmacy wins the war with my insurance company I'll be able to get it and start it Sunday! Otherwise, I'll have to take the generic - Tri-Nessa I believe.

I'm nervous but I hope it works as well for me as for you!

#37 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

I noticed you mentioned using Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo in your original post. Do you still use it? Like it? Has it helped? Any side effects? Haha, sorry for all the questions but I'm going on BC this month and I'm trying to decide between the Mirena IUD or Ortho Tri-Cyclen (Lo or Reg)... I'd prefer IUD for convenience and less hormones, but would love to see if OTC Lo improved my acne! I'm scared it'll get worse on any form of BC though Posted Image

Alright thank you so much! I actually just got prescribed Ortho Tri-Cyclen (regular) today and hopefully if the pharmacy wins the war with my insurance company I'll be able to get it and start it Sunday! Otherwise, I'll have to take the generic - Tri-Nessa I believe.

I'm nervous but I hope it works as well for me as for you!

My local pharmacy has some kind of deal with the government, where they get a monthly delivery and it costs only 10 dollars.

Maybe this goes on in other places too?
My sister actually takes the generic version and it has worked fine for her.

#38 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

My local pharmacy has some kind of deal with the government, where they get a monthly delivery and it costs only 10 dollars.

Maybe this goes on in other places too?
My sister actually takes the generic version and it has worked fine for her.

Yeah, they ended up just giving me the generic and I'll either start this Sunday or the next, depending on when my lovely period decides to show up ;) My doctor's nurse called though and said that they basically only prescribe the generic and will only give out the name brand if someone tries the generic first and has a problem with it (allergic reaction, bad side effects, etc). She also said most people really like it... Here's hoping! :)

#39 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

June 26th 2012

Let me just start off with saying how hectic this week has been. And it's only WEDNESDAY! I live in North Florida and we have experienced some major flooding here. Luckily my home was not impacted, but I was flooded in and not able to go to work yesterday. I know many people personally who have lost there homes in this flood and it completely breaks my heart for them. On one side of the country we are experiencing floods, while the other have is battling wild fires. What I wouldn't give to send our excess rain to my old hometown of Fort Collins Colorado. So incredibly heartbreaking. My Aunt lost her home and farm to the High Park fire.

I had the opportunity to go to Orlando for my birthday last weekend and I was able to swim with the Beluga whales there. Such an incredible experience. They are such beautiful creatures! I ran out of my Zinc and had to repurchase via the internet and got it in the mail the day before I left. By the time I received it, I had already been a week without it and suffered a breakout because of it. Luckily, my Acne.org products calmed my face down and I managed to be rid of it in two days. I have been having to use a honey mask daily to deal with the leftover redness.

I really do believe that taking Zinc has helped improve my skin.

I hope you all are having a wonderful week, wherever you may be.

I'll be praying for those affected by the disasters in Colorado & Florida.

Stay beautiful!

#40 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

July 3rd 2012

No new issues with my skin to report! -wipes forehead- phew!

I do however, want to talk to you guys about internal detoxing. I have been doing a lot of research into it and hearing about certain products, etc but I figured nothing is better than talking to someone who has actually done it.

I would love to know if anyone has any products or ways of detoxing that you would recommend? I would love to hear them.

A lot of products I have heard good things about actually have ingredients in them that interact with Birth Control (Big no no).

Anybody?