Photo

Shaving = 100% Certain To Have Pimples, Why?

shaving

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chocobot

Chocobot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

I shave the hair between my eyebrows, I get white heads and red bumps.

I shave my chest hair? Same.

And obviously, I have pimples on my face too.

So while I do have acne in places where I don't shave (upper back, nose, etc.), I'm wondering why I get acne in places where I usually DON'T get it if I shave those areas. I never have pimples between my eye brows, except if I shave that area.

So what gives? The blade is clean.

#2 diareads

diareads

DiaReads

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

For one try to pluck your eyebrows. Be very gentle because I usually get them if I am too rough. Also, try opening the pores with a warm towel before hand to help irritation. People can get pimples there for diff reasons. Me because I have overly sensitive skin.

Also, it could be your shaving cream. The blade could be cheap, try no cream and better blade. My bf breaks out if he uses anything so he just shaves in the shower with water. His skin is perfect.

Acne requires trial and error. Hope this helps :)

#3 Chocobot

Chocobot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Actually, I started with plucking, and that's why I switched to shaving, because I was getting pimples from plucking anyway.

I shave in the shower, no cream.

I am thinking it just makes the skin sensitive to something else, maybe shampoo? So it's not the shaving itself, but rather when hair is removed or cut, those areas become sensitive to something else that gets in contact with the skin.

#4 O Wow

O Wow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

How many blades are there on your razor? I find that razors with 2 blades are least irritating.

#5 gopackgo

gopackgo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

I would either use a stubble trimmer and call it a day or head over to Badger & Blade and learn how to shave properly. Same thing happens to me. Sucks.

#6 mistertibbs

mistertibbs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Why don't you wax between them? worth a try

#7 timoffiiee

timoffiiee

Juice Box Ninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Well, there are a few things that you need to understand about shaving. I noticed you said you don't use a cream, and that could actually be contributing to the problem. Razor blades WILL irritate your skin, thus the reason shaving cream was created. It acts as a lubricated barrier between the blade and your skin. And as we all know, irritated skin will likely resort in a breakout. It's also important to wash the area with some kind of soap or cleanser before shaving. Exfoliating the area after that will help remove any dead skin cells in the area. If you don't exfoliate, then when you run that razor across your bare, unlubricated skin the blade can actually scrape those dead skin cells across the area where they could possibly clog a pore.

I shave every night because it actually helps my face stay clear. If you check out the night routine in my signature you will see exactly what I do. It may or may not help you. Your skin may just be sensitive to the razor. In any case, I highly recommend using a non scented shaving cream, such as the one made by Aveeno. I swear by that stuff now haha. If that still doesn't help, you may want to try different razors. The main thing you want to avoid is doing anything that would actually irritate the skin, such as dry shaving with no cream, shaving against the grain, shaving already irritated skin and things like that.

#8 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Use an electric beard trimmer, best thing I ever did for my bumps and ingrown hairs.

#9 Chocobot

Chocobot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

I use one already.