1 reply to this topic

#1 whatisthis

whatisthis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hi guys,

I'm about a month into my accutane treatment. So far everything has been going very well, and my skin has actually been clearing up. I've been dealing with the dryness as best as possible, and everything has been very manageable thus far.

In the past couple days, a dry patch has formed near the corner of my lip, and sort of blew up this past night. The top layer of skin is gone and its just very red and raw. Does anybody know what I can do to alleviate the pain/soreness, or improve the healing process somehow? Can anyone give a general estimate of how long it it takes to heal (though I do realize that is very subjective).

I considered skipping my dosage, but I don't think that is an option. I guess I'll have to hang out at home for the next couple days (good thing I'm on spring break!).

Now I'll just go get my haircut...

#2 SavedByGrace1

SavedByGrace1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi guys,

I'm about a month into my accutane treatment. So far everything has been going very well, and my skin has actually been clearing up. I've been dealing with the dryness as best as possible, and everything has been very manageable thus far.

In the past couple days, a dry patch has formed near the corner of my lip, and sort of blew up this past night. The top layer of skin is gone and its just very red and raw. Does anybody know what I can do to alleviate the pain/soreness, or improve the healing process somehow? Can anyone give a general estimate of how long it it takes to heal (though I do realize that is very subjective).

I considered skipping my dosage, but I don't think that is an option. I guess I'll have to hang out at home for the next couple days (good thing I'm on spring break!).

Now I'll just go get my haircut...

Although I cannot give you an estimate on how long it will take to heal, I recommend neosporin to treat this. It will keep it moisturized, and help it to heal faster without scarring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users