Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Skin + Accutane

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm about a month into my accutane treatment. So far everything has been going very well, and my skin has actually been clearing up. I've been dealing with the dryness as best as possible, and everything has been very manageable thus far.

In the past couple days, a dry patch has formed near the corner of my lip, and sort of blew up this past night. The top layer of skin is gone and its just very red and raw. Does anybody know what I can do to alleviate the pain/soreness, or improve the healing process somehow? Can anyone give a general estimate of how long it it takes to heal (though I do realize that is very subjective).

I considered skipping my dosage, but I don't think that is an option. I guess I'll have to hang out at home for the next couple days (good thing I'm on spring break!).

Now I'll just go get my haircut...

Hi guys,

I'm about a month into my accutane treatment. So far everything has been going very well, and my skin has actually been clearing up. I've been dealing with the dryness as best as possible, and everything has been very manageable thus far.

In the past couple days, a dry patch has formed near the corner of my lip, and sort of blew up this past night. The top layer of skin is gone and its just very red and raw. Does anybody know what I can do to alleviate the pain/soreness, or improve the healing process somehow? Can anyone give a general estimate of how long it it takes to heal (though I do realize that is very subjective).

I considered skipping my dosage, but I don't think that is an option. I guess I'll have to hang out at home for the next couple days (good thing I'm on spring break!).

Now I'll just go get my haircut...

AM: Wash with CeraVe Claenser

Apply CeraVe Moisturizer

Take Hair, Skin and Nail Vitamins

Use: Klaron Lotion

PM: Wash with CeraVe Cleanser

Apply CeraVe Moisturizer

Take BCP

Use: Tazorac Cream

January-- 80mg Accutane

February- 80mg Accutane

March 80mg Accutane