Photo

Green Tea Diet!

green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#1 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:57 PM

Im about to start drinking 1cup of straight green tea each day ill keep you posted with results..

#2 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:13 PM

I tried this. It didn't help much, imo.

#3 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:49 PM

you prolly had green tea bags... you need to have it straight from the leafs and boil them with water

#4 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:52 PM

Yup, I had the tea bags.

#5 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:53 AM

i had the ones straight from the leaves, it works. Look for the Japanese ones. i drink it with 4-5 refills.

#6 jimmyh

jimmyh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:22 AM

Where do you buy green tea leaves?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make history"

#7 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:39 AM

im not sure my mom got them for me.. ill ask her

#8 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:39 AM

they should sell them at health food stores

#9 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:13 AM

I got one from a Japanese store, it's not the exact "leaves" you think but, the ones I got are roasted, minced green tea leaves. I put boiling water.

#10 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:47 AM

btw the results are amazing i got like a tiny zit thats all in the past 2 days and ive been having 1 big cup of green tea in the afternoon... btw try not to have it late at night... you wont fall asleep with that much caffine

#11 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:56 AM

So what's in green tea that helps acne please?.
Life is all about living!

#12 AlexAlmighty

AlexAlmighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:31 AM

Antioxidants.
I say let me never be complete,
I say may I never be content,
I say deliver me from Swedish furniture,
I say deliver me from clever arts,
I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,
I say you have to give up,
I say evolve and let the chips fall where they may.
--Fight Club: This is your life

"Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

#13 kl1nm2

kl1nm2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:08 AM

yes, green tea does wonders. i've been drinking 2 cups a day for the past week and the results are immediate. green tea decreases the synthesis of dht which is a strong form of testosterone partially responsible for acne. a more in depth look at anti-androgens and dht inhibitors can be found here:
http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=30721

i would also suggest people to include soy foods in their diet and be vegetable lovers.

#14 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

So green tea has made a diffrence to your acne?,has it made a BIG or small improvement?!.

Also "kl1nm2" was it japanese green tea TEABAGS?.
Life is all about living!

#15 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Yaakman @ Sep 19 2004, 08:36 PM)
you prolly had green tea bags... you need to have it straight from the leafs and boil them with water

View Post

Aren't the leaves the same whether or not they are in bags?
I found no difference between drinking loose yerba mate as opposed to the bagged. In fact, the bagged tea is more convenient and I doubt the paper the bags are composed of would interfere with the potency of the leaves.
Anyway.... yerba mate is one of the strongest, most potent green teas available. It comes from the Peruvian rainforest. It is PACKED with antioxidants. I drink several cups a day.
I doubt the consumption of green tea would help someone get visible results with their acne if they have a crappy diet. If someone's system is clean, any supplement or herb is going to work much better.

#16 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:46 PM

ive been drinking greentea 1 glass a day in afternoon and it has so much caffine i was wired untill 3am lol DRINK IN THE MORNING!!!

#17 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:48 PM

First of all NEVER put boiling water over green tea if want to have any benefits. If you;ve been doing this and getting results it's eaither in your head, a placebo or somethign else your doing. If you put boiling water over the leaves, you start to cook them and that destroys the beneficial compounds in it very fast(as with any plant really). If anything wait a minute and then you can pour the very hot water over it, just not at that boiling temp. PLus it will taste bitter.

Generally you want to brew green teas at 140-180F(60-90C). The best green teas are to be brewed longer and at lower temps(120F-140). It also varies by different seasons and types but the golden rule is never pour boiling water over it.

ALso bagged teas are crappy quality and come from broken grades. Doesn't matter if it says super great organic or whatever. Unless a loose leaf tea shop does it in house and you can confirm the quality , you'll only be getting a fraction of the benefits of the loose leaf. It's all about profit and unfortunately you can make the most money by adding a bunch of crappy grades of tea together and sell it as premium in a bag. PLus the chopped up tea goes bad faster and most of the stuff on the store shelves have gone stale. The bags also contain a lot of green tea dust, which is really useless and just takes up space inthe bag,

IN short you will get some benefits with bagged tea but nothing compared tot he good stuff. Doesn'tmatter if it helps your acne of not, the astrigent benefits of the tannins and the antioxidant potency of the EGCG and polyphenols are what you should be using the tea for and the loose leaf is loaded with it. If you still don't want to use a diffuser and good tea, just take a capsule, which has more antioxidant powers than the tea(assuming 100% of it is absorbed which is unlikely).

#18 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:07 PM

Interesting post. I guess you could compare it to "shake" vs. green, sticky bud. Of course I am talking about a different kind of "green tea" here. smile.gif

#19 Yaakman

Yaakman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:25 PM

i dont understand how u want me to boil it... i just put like 2 teaspoons of leafs then hotwater.. boil it untill bubbling then filter the leaves and drink it????

#20 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:35 PM

Lol I've never heard of someone making tea that way. Anyway, the way to do it is to:

1. Boil water
2. Put green tea in a diffuser(a mesh ball about the size of a golfball or ping pong ball). It's like $3.00 and lasts years.
3. After step 2 the water should be very hot but not boiling, so you then put the difuser in the water for however long you want to. It's personal preference with regards to flavour. 1-3min is the general time. 1-2min for Japanese green tea and 2-3min for Chinese green tea. The longer you let it steep, the more bitter it tastes.

If you don't want ot get a diffuser than just dump the loose leaves in the cup in step 2. The water should be very hot but not boiling. After the leaves have "opened up" or unralvelled you can strain it and drink it.