Photo

1 Month To Fade Red Marks/scarring (Pic)

red mark hyperpigmentation

4 replies to this topic

#1 coynep12

coynep12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

photo.JPG
Attached is a picture of the red marks and scarring I'm dealing with on my chest. I've been applying Retin-A to my chest for the last 4 weeks and am seeing results (Only a few white heads here and there, knock on wood) but really need to clean up the red marks if possible before I go on vacation in a month. I tried applying lemon juice last year with no results. Does anyone have any suggestions for quick treatment of red marks to at least fade them some? I was thinking maybe Apple Cider Vinegar.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Karla Santini

Karla Santini

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:karla santini <3.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hi ! Ive done some research for you! I hope i helped !

- Manuka Honey prevents acne and fades red marks fast !!! Its amazing, 30 dollars, but a little goes a long way and its so worth it.
http://www.manukaonline.com/
that link will explain more about it ^^^

Below are more information, about natural and other ways to fade them!
-
  • Sunscreen
    Posted Image Wearing sunscreen is essential, whether you are trying to fade marks or have no marks to fade whatsoever. It should be a part of your skin care routine because it protects your skin against the sun's harmful UV rays and prevents cancerous lesions.

If you want to speed up the fading of your hyper pigmentation, it is extra important to use sunscreen consistently. Sunscreen not only prevents sun damage, it helps prevent existing macules and other dark spots from getting even darker.

• Exfoliation
    Exfoliating helps fade your marks faster by shedding old skin and bringing new skin to the surface. There are lots of options for exfoliation, such as scrubs and washcloths. I personally prefer chemical exfoliation because I feel it penetrates deeper, works faster, and is less physically irritating than manual exfoliation.

Posted Image To get rid of red acne marks or hyperpigmentation, you can also consider using prescription retinoids, like Differin, Retin-A, or Tazorac. Prescription azelaic acid, like Finacea, is also known for lightening skin. On the other hand, if you don’t want to use prescription products, you can try over-the-counter products with AHAs as the active ingredient. (I've had good results with using an AHA serum to fade old acne marks.)

Though exfoliation is one way to fade dark marks faster, be aware that these types of topical exfoliating products and treatments can cause irritation such as redness, peeling, and dryness.
  • Skin Lighteners
    Aside from exfoliating to help skin renew itself faster, you can attack dark spots with skin lighteners such as kojic acid, licorice extract, arbutin, mulberry extract, and vitamin C.

Posted ImageHydroquinone is also a skin lightener, however, because there are cancerous risks associated with this ingredient, it has been banned in Europe and Asia. Over-the-counter hydroquinone products have been pulled in the US market, but prescription products are still available.

Many Asian skin care products target the lightening and whitening of skin as well. However, before purchasing any of these products, make sure to check the ingredients to see if there are actually effective skin lighteners in the product.

Some people recommend applying vitamin E (either a vitamin E product, 100% vitamin E oil, or vitamin E poked from a gel capsule) but in my experience, vitamin E is very irritating on its own.
In the past, I thought vitamin E would help with scars, marks, and overall healing, so I slathered it all over my face only to wake up the next morning to lots of tiny red bumps. It took 2 days of cortisone cream to calm my skin down. So, just keep in mind that while vitamin E oil is healing, it can also cause irritation for some people.
Exfoliating or using topical products help shorten the amount of time it takes for red marks to fade, but it still takes time to work. Even if you are exfoliating every day or using the right products, dark marks won't fade immediately. Consistent and long term use should give results in around two to three months.
However, if you are impatient, you can opt for facial procedures such as chemical peels, lasers, and/or microdermabrasion. Facial procedures do not perform miracles either because it also takes two to three treatment sessions for you to start seeing your desired results.
If you want a quick fix for any dark spots, a good concealer will do the trick. Otherwise, the best way to fade marks is to prevent the marks from getting darker, aid your skin's renewal process, and be patient.

Hope i helped!
Lexx

#3 coynep12

coynep12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thank you very much... Do you think it is still safe, or, a good idea, to apply any product like Manuka Honey or Apple Cider Vinegar even though I am applying Retin A every night and sometimes the skin gets dry/irritated?

#4 Karla Santini

Karla Santini

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:karla santini <3.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

@coynep12 hi! your welcome(: Yes, it is safe, but i suggest to NOT TOP USING RETIN-A!!! I use Retin-A micro pump every night, and i remember i missed one day, and i broke out! Like any topical cream, if you stop using it, your skin is already prone to it every night so you will break out! I used to use so much of Retin A when i had a lot of acne, and it is pretty drying when you use a lot, but now my skin is fairly good so i just use two or three pea sized pumps of it cuz that covers my face in a thin layer. So i think you should not stop using Retin A just cut down on how much you use, use enough to cover the affected area in a thin layer! Then whenever you have free time, use the manuka honey or Apple Cider Vinegar , leave it on as long as you want because it wont do any worse damage, then wash it off, then apply retin a !
Lexx

#5 Andien

Andien

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

I just bought this manuka honey from manuka health MGO 400 and i used it as acne mask every night since last week. But, i dont see any improvement. In fact, i got new acne eventhough its not my menstruation period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users