Switched From Mino To Bactrim... Now Not Sure Whether To Continue.
Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:40 PM
So I've been on Minocycline for about 14 months, and I just went to my derm and switched to bactrim because my back was horribly broken out. My chin wasn't perfect, but very much so under control, but we both agreed I was becoming resistant to Minocycline. So after about a week of Bactrim, my chin started to develope a few pretty large cysts. I wasn't sure if this was just a coincidence, or it was a result of stopping minocycline and starting bactrim. I switched back to Mino 2 days ago, making it about 10 days on bactrim, but my derm is insisting I stick with the Bactrim. I thought that I wouldn't have that 6 week wait for it to work because I had already been on an antibiotic long term? My derm is saying he wants to give it 6 weeks.
The tricky part is, I'm planning to start Accutane in 6 weeks when my semester of college is over, which my derm is totally cool with. I really want to just go back to minocycline to keep this under control for these next 6 weeks, but hes insisting on sticking with the Bactrim so I'm not sure what to do
Any input is appreciated. Especially if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:56 PM
Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:51 PM
Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:17 PM
Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:38 PM
Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:58 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users