Anybody Have Any Success?

2 replies to this topic

#1 french fri25

french fri25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Hey guys, I have been using 2.5% BP for my moderate backne but I am not getting the results I want. If I miss even one day I break out. And I cant stand not being able to wear colored shirts. I am always wearing white because of the BP. Anyways, I was thinking of switching to a salicylic acid based regimen because it does not bleach clothes. Also, it is much easier to find SA products on store shelves. My question is has anybody had any success with over the counter salicylic acid regimens for backne? I was thinking about using the neutrogena body clear products because they are pretty easy to find. I just dont know if it will be a mistake going from BP to SA....

#2 Rachelx7

Rachelx7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

I'd try both. Use the BP at night and SA in the morning. You can wear whatever you want then.

#3 Jal V

Jal V

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

I never had any success with topicals, especially SA. Made my skin drier and more irritated than BP did, but who knows. My sister had great results with SA so it's really something you'll just have to try.
If acne basically starts from puberty onward, let's think about what happens from childhood to puberty.

--During puberty, insulin sensitivity is decreased, on average, 30 some percent.
--Insulin levels are then increased during puberty.
--After puberty, there is a recovery of insulin sensitivity. (unless diet has the system messed up)
--IGFBP-1(IGF binding protein) levels decrease as insulin levels increase.
--As IGFBP-1 decreases, IGF-1 increases.
--This allows for more free circulating IGF-1.
--SHBG(Sex hormone binding globulin) also decreases as insulin increases, and production of sex hormones is increased.
--SHBG regulates the ability of sex hormones to affect tissues.
--IGF-1 is controlled by your body, hence the reason your insulin sensitivity decreases during puberty to allow for extra growth, and then increases again after puberty, meaning any extra insulin above normal, or any IGF-1 raising foods will cause havoc.
--Reducing insulin spikes, strengthening insulin sensitivity, and avoiding IGF-1 raising foods will help control all of this.

Controlling insulin and IGF-1 is the absolute keyPosted Image

http://www.acne.org/...sulin-and-acne/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users