Photo

Chronic Redness Whenever I Smile, Move My Face, Etc?

3 replies to this topic

#1 princessdaphne

princessdaphne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

So whenever I smile the area of skin that had to move in order to smile is very red when I un-smile. Also, if I bend my head down just slightly for even just a couple seconds, when I lift my head up my face is very red! Why is this, and how can I stop these things from happening? I'd really appreciate any advice that anyone could give me. :)

#2 Highlight

Highlight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Accutane has been doing the exact same thing to me, and I'd like to think it's sensitivity and heat. When applying moisturizer, you're causing friction on your skin, something sensitivity doesn't enjoy. Same thing when you smile/look down. The skin will hate movement and blood flow.

Are you using any product that could be drying your skin?

Edited by Highlight, 16 March 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#3 princessdaphne

princessdaphne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

I don't think so, all I'm using is Derma E problem skin cleanser, which has really reduced dryness in my skin (about 2 months ago I was using a Neutrogena cleanser that did dry out my skin) and moisturizer (Cetaphil). I also use extra virgin olive oil as a moisturizer just in my mouth area that gets red when I smile. To the touch, it isn't dry at all, but still gets red whenever I smile.

#4 switch124

switch124

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Suffer from the same thing, induced by accutane. Best thing I've found is to stop washing you face and use essential oils as topicals instead of BP and SA, as they're much gentler. I use lavender and peppermint oil but Ill be experimenting with Thyme soon, plus their loads others to try. Other than that I still suffer from chronic redness in my t-zone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users