mederma

5 replies to this topic

#1 jjjjjjjjjjjj

jjjjjjjjjjjj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

My acne has slowed down quite a bit over the past few months or so. I've been using benzaclin for a while now. The only problem I'm having now other than the few occasional small pimples is that I have PIH on many places on my face. I've tried Mederma for the past 6 months or so but that hasn't really had much of an effect.

I'm wondering what would be safe to use without discontinuing use of benzaclin and would preferably have noticeable results within the next couple months?

#2 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

The only thing which will help with red marks is regular exfoliation, whether it be chemically with use of BHA's (salicylic acid) or AHA's (glycolic acid) or manual such as facial scrubs and the like, or even both. They work by removing the top layer of dead skin cells which in turn promotes new and healthier skin. Chemical exfoliation can penetrate the skin much more deeper allowing the skin to shed more easily and much more quickly.

Manual exfoliation can be done with over the counter scrubs, homemade scrubs such as an Aspirin mask or just a washcloth. This should only be done 2-3 times every week ("over manual exfoliation" can irritate the skin)

Chemical exfoliation can be done every day. I use a 2% Salicylic acid face cleanser followed up with a 2% Salicylic acid moisturiser. Low concentrations won't be irritating to the skin however higher concentrations can be. Creams and lotions containing more than 5% BHA or AHA are not recommended for every day use, and you should only use them 2-3 times per week.

Hope this helps!

#3 jjjjjjjjjjjj

jjjjjjjjjjjj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Wow that was really helpful, thanks!

How long will it take to see decent results with BHA's?

#4 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

Wow that was really helpful, thanks!

How long will it take to see decent results with BHA's?

As with everything, you should give it at minimum 2-3 weeks to see results :)

#5 jjjjjjjjjjjj

jjjjjjjjjjjj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Alright awesome. I'm wondering that if I used some SPF-20 sunscreen if tanning would help hide them for at least summer? I know sun exposure isn't good but I have some on my back too and that's making this warm weather no fun...

#6 R a c h ae l.

R a c h ae l.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

if you go tanning it will not only darken your skin but it will also darken the spots so essentiallly it will do nothing . . . im just waiting mine out too it sucks but i guess time will tell :) good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users