4 replies to this topic

#1 MYYMMYYM

MYYMMYYM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

My problems:
- Extremely oily skin - within 15 minutes of washing, oil is visibly seeping out of my pores (mostly on my nose, some on my forehead)
- Blackheads - TONS of them
- Occasional pimple on my chin, forehead, and jawline
- I have to blot my nose twice an hour! Disgusting!

My main concern here is my oily skin. Will The Regimen work for me? I am considering buying the products this site makes available, but since I don't get too many pimples, is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!

#2 AcneeHater

AcneeHater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me
  • Interests:eating, biking, snowboarding, long walks around the beach(sounds corny but really gets my mind clear; you should try it),...

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

ahaha well this regimen will definitely cause dry skin. which i hate more then anything.

but if you dont have much acne. then i'd say to use moisturiser. This may sound odd to use moisturiser even tho your face is already so oil, but i think i'll help cause ur skin wants to moisturise ur face naturally so in order to control the oils on ur face u can self moisturise if that makes any sense.
Suffer now and live the rest of ur life as a champion

#3 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Benzoyl peroxide is not specifically effective for oily skin. In fact, there are some small studies claiming it increases oiliness (probably because it unclogs your pores, allowing sebum to flow out more easily). It should be effective for blackheads, though. A moisturized (water) skin doesn't have much to do with sebum/oil production. To try and get your sebum production under control (as that's your main goal), you should look into either diet/supplements and/or a topical that's capable of reducing sebum production.

Some options: vitamin B5, A, zinc, Accutane, Nizoral shampoo and some less well known topicals, like niacinamide and silicol gel.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#4 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Here are Dan's tips for dealing with oily skin while on the Regimen. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#oily

We're all in this together.

#5 ollli

ollli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

My skin is quite oily but I have this acne ptobelm which I really badly want to control pls I need help to get rid of it !!!! Even make up doent hid my bumpy skin any more getting depression :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users