Photo

Extremely Oily Skin - Within 15 Minutes Of Cleansing

oily skin oil extremely oily blackhead nose forehead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 MYYMMYYM

MYYMMYYM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums.

I've had terribly oily skin and large blackheads on my nose and forehead since I was about 16 years old. I am now 21 and my problems have escalated to the point where I have become depressed. I don't go out much with friends anymore, and I try to avoid being too close to people when talking with them for fear that they are disgusted. It's sad to say but it occupies my thoughts all day and I am miserable.

15 minutes after I wash my face I can see beads of oil building up from each individual pore on my nose (and somewhat on my forehead, though it isn't as bad). I want to stress that when I say "extremely" I mean EXTREMELY oily. I don't suffer from pimples that much; with the exception of a few every now and then. My cheeks and chin are what I consider to be normal. I have tried everything possible to combat this. Here is what I have done thus far:

Salicylic Acid Cleansers
Benzoyl Peroxide Cleansers
Tea Tree Oil
Black Tea (supposedly reduces DHT)
Biore Pore Strips
Differin
Retin-A Micro (.04%)
Drinking a lot of water, good diet and exercise

I have been on Retin-A Micro (.04%) for 3 months now and have yet to see results. In fact I have noticed an increase in the oil production. My dermatologist is useless and is more concerned with keeping my appointments short than with actually helping me. I'm hoping someone can help me. I've given up hope of anything working for me. Posted Image

I'm sorry if the post was too long. Thank you in advance for any tips.

Edited by YMED, 14 March 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#2 Rachelx7

Rachelx7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

I have super oily skin too... but I have acne along with it. So... consider yourself lucky.

Have you tried glycolic acid (30%) or salicylic acid in 20% ?? The typical strength you get in drugstores is useless. Look on amazon or ebay to find the stronger solutons and give that a try.. but be super careful about following directions. You can burn your skin and you must keep it away from eyes, mouth and mucous membranes. Since you don't have acne, I would think glycolic acid at 30% might be a good starting point for you. It cleared the blackheads on my nose within a week. I use it once every 4 or 5 days for 3 minutes and then rinse really well with cold water.

I've found that taking zinc daily seems to lessen my oil production. Not substantially, but it does seem to help. Also, blotting sheets are my friend.

#3 MYYMMYYM

MYYMMYYM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

I have not tried glycolic acid yet. I will definitely give that a try. Also, I think my multivitamin has some zinc in it, but not much. Do I need to be taking a specific amount?

Thank you for the help. Posted Image

#4 Rachelx7

Rachelx7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

50 mg of zinc a day... and not on an empty stomach.

#5 harleyquinn1801

harleyquinn1801

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

i have extremely oily skin as well plus acne. I find that blotting with brown napkins is pretty effective in reducing shine. I would recommend SPIRONOLACTONE or Yaz/Yasmin to help control the oiliness. Its most likely cuz of your androgen levels being so high. I would take either medication if i wasnt so sensitive to everything. GOOD LUCK

#6 MYYMMYYM

MYYMMYYM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

I looked into Spironolactone at one point but I was afraid to try it due to its side effects. I don't want to develop breasts!

#7 mystril

mystril

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

I looked into Spironolactone at one point but I was afraid to try it due to its side effects. I don't want to develop breasts!

Oh gawd. PLEASE DONT TRY weird supplements.

This is coming from me who tried everything on Iherb.com. Nothing works for me.

1) Supplements are too troublesome to handle. I had to eat like 10pills a day.
2) Supplements are new fields. They are as new as when moderen-day DNA was discovered 50-60 years ago. I suggest caution at companies saying "XXX cures ACNE" At the end of the day you will see the label --> "Product do not treat any ...., consult your Doctor..."

To treat Oily SKin cut down on the processed food. Once you cut down on those, your Oiliness should be reduced.

What kind of skin you want?

Super-Dry Skin or Manageable Oily Skin?

Dry Skin do suffer from Acne. The crux lies in the food we put inside.
[sig-img:34]

About Myself
Male 21 in Hot & Humid Climate
Severe Acne (in the Genes)
Did 1.5 Accutane Course. Failed Miserably.
Did (see below). Acne recessed. End of Story.

Currently
Waiting to Dermarolling during College's Break.

List Updated on: March 2012
Wai Diet Cured Me

Current Supplements
Caution to Multi-Vitamins. Take only those that you need. Take most from Real Food.

Avoid-List
-

Embrace List
Fruits

#8 MYYMMYYM

MYYMMYYM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Super dry skin would be heaven-sent. Oily skin is a !%*&@.