Photo

Low Gi Diet?

lchf acne diet green tea carbohydrates cause

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone here had any personal experience with the lchf or gi diet. Did it work in your experience? How long did it take?
I would be very greatful if anyone could mention a diet that worked for them.

BONUS MOTHER*******

does green tea really help with acne? If so, which?

Once again thank you!

#2 AcneAnonymous22

AcneAnonymous22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

I started this diet about a week ago. I'll let you know how it goes.
http://www.themainme...ooklet_868k.pdf

#3 Bearishly

Bearishly

Food is medicine that tastes good

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone here had any personal experience with the lchf or gi diet. Did it work in your experience? How long did it take?
I would be very greatful if anyone could mention a diet that worked for them.

BONUS MOTHER*******

does green tea really help with acne? If so, which?

Once again thank you!

Check out the success compilation thread. It's pinned.

#4 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Much appreciated, tell me how long it took if you can

#5 cvd

cvd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

Diet can help but for most of us it won't take care of the problem completely. However it can be an important piece of getting clear especially if inflammation is an issue. Following a typical anti-acne diet is very healthy for the body overall and definitely lowers inflammation levels. The low GI diets help more than most. I follow one and also avoid dairy, alcohol, wheat, gluten, and all foods with sweetner in them. Just google "low GI diet" and you'll get a good list of foods to avoid or at least eat less of. The main thing is to eat mostly fresh vegetables, lots of salad - oil & vinegar dressing only, meats, potatoes (...there is debate about potatoes but if you eat the skin too and eat them as part of a meal they have lots of good stuff too), whole grains (quinoa, millet, brown rice, etc.), and a little fruit - mostly berries.

Status - 99.9% clear

Morning - Panoxyl 4 Cleanser (BP), Cleocin-T, DML Lotion, Physician's Formula SPF 30 Mineral Pressed Powder, Spiro 100 mg

Night - Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar, DML Lotion

Monthly - Professional microdermabrasion

Diet - Whole high nutrient unprocessed foods.  Avoid oils, dairy, sugars, bread, nuts, alcohol, caffeine, and fermented foods.

Supplements - Opti l-zinc, citrical + D3

Daily - Walk, breath deeply, meditate and do yoga daily, wear hats for sun protection 

#6 Bearishly

Bearishly

Food is medicine that tastes good

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

Much appreciated, tell me how long it took if you can

Personally, I've been eating very few grain-based carbohydrates for about a month and a half now. Inflammation has been reduced substantially, and spots I do have have generally been smaller. If you have any food intolerance (I discovered through a long period of trial and error that almonds give me big pustules) you're not going to find one thing that "works."

As far as green tea goes, I haven't seen a large number of people on here claiming it helped significantly. That doesn't mean it won't help, and it is incredibly healthy, but I wouldn't let it get your hopes up. I've also read drinking too much of it lowers your ability to absorb certain minerals. As with anything, don't consume too much. Balance is the key.

Google anti-inflammatory foods and spices. There's plenty of stuff out there that CAN help, but everyone is different, so you'll have test to see if it works for you.

#7 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Look up some paleo recipes, supa easy. Meat+veggies+fats

Sweet potatoes are great, so are lima beans if you soak them for 24 hours before preparing.

Not everything has to be salad all the time.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#8 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Yes. Of course. That's basic to acne and any other hormone condition. And to everything else to do with your health for that matter. Although you don't necessarily need to eat low GI. You need to avoid high GL. How high is too high for you varies from person to person and is affected by things like sleep, physical activity, lean muscle, nutrients, etc.

And you should replace your high GI, empty and nearly empty carbs with real, whole nutrient dense and anti-inflammatory foods. The most anti inflammatory foods are just about anything from a plant that isn't a seed and you aren't intolerant to. Especially very colorful and flavorful things. Anything with enough flavor to be an herb, spice or tea is very anti-inflammatory.

Edited by alternativista, 16 March 2012 - 08:47 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!