2 replies to this topic

#1 carlsberg11

carlsberg11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

hi friends!!
so here is my deal, i am a 23 year old female with persistent mild acne. it's been a problem for almost 10 years. i have tried many treatments, currently my acne is manageable using Dan's regimine but it is not perfect (blackheads, whiteheads, usually have 2-3 whiteheads on my face at a time) and the regimine is a TON of work day and night. so i'm trying spiro, i've been on it a week and have noticed my face is less oily (yay!) so i have all my fingers crossed that this will be my cure.

for those on spiro, how much are you taking? i got prescribed 50 mg daily and i'm wondering if i should up my dose? i am about 5'6" 130 pounds so i am not tiny. i'm thinking of trying 75mg?

any advice would be much appreciated!

#2 the uphill battle

the uphill battle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I've been on Spiro for almost 3 years, it's a great product! It has drastically improved my skin, but it did not cure it. I'm still very grateful that I came across the drug in my own research (none of my doctors ever thought of it/mentioned it, my derm told me there was nothing else he could do for me before I stumbled upon Spiro). I started out on 50mg a day for probably a few months and then went up to 100mg and then up to 200mg a day. My skin still gets oily and I still breakout, but again, it's not nearly as severe as before. I wish it was my cure, but it definitely was a God send regardless. I have heard of it working miracles for many women, I hope you're one of them!
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

#3 carlsberg11

carlsberg11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

thanks for your reponse! i hope i'm one of them too. i'll probably go back to my doctor and up my dosage to 75mg - 100mg. how severe was your acne? when did you notice you were clearing up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users