#1 adalyn

adalyn

Like a Boss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hey Y'all,

I've been interested in looking more into cosmetics lines that are specifically tailored for problematic skin, and are also known as corrective cosmetics. These brands are usually for acne prone, rosacea, extra dry, sensitive, or other problematic skin types.

So far I've been looking into Physician's Formula, and Cover FX's products, but I'm still hunting for other good lines/products Does anyone know of any other lines like these two, and do you have any recommendations for certain lines/products?

I would super appreciate your help!

Edited by adalyn, 11 March 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#2 SavedByGrace1

SavedByGrace1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

For some reason, Physicican's Forumla actually irritated my skin. I am on Accutane now so I could probably get away with using up the stuff I bought already, but I got breakouts, as well as a rash from using this foundation/powder.

I really love how Bare Minerals looks on me (I had a makeover done on Saturday), but I am afraid I'll have a reaction when I'm not on Tane' so I don't want to invest. I'm exploring other mineral makeup options at the moment.

#3 sh1234

sh1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Jane Iredale

#4 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

I have had experience with Physicians Formula oxedizing on my skin (It turns orange after an hour)

#5 bibi1

bibi1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hi Adalyn,

I have dabled with all types of make up brands...clinique, mac, este lauder,channel you name it! And I have found that the best way to apply foundation is achieved by airbrushing and I don't mean the products in a can which are expensive and don't achieve nearly the same results you will obtain from an air gun. I purchased my air gun system from Luminess Air (the company is a pain to deal with and i don't recommend enrolling in the automated shipment system as they tend to double bill and send you more make up than you truly need). There are other companies such as Dynaire and Temptu which sell the guns but since i purchased my gun from Luminess Air I cant can't vouch either way for their guns. The initial cost of the equipment can be a little steep (try looking on ebay for more affordable equipment) but think of it as an investment for a greater good which is mainting healthy skin.

There are many waterbased mineral foundations available to use with an airbrush gun (even though Luminess will tell you you will lose your guns warranty if you use other foundations) Stick to waterbased foundations and you will be just fine. My favorites are Luminess air (but can be pricey) so I tend to purchase the Temptu Aqua Pro. The Temptu Aqua Profoundation tends to be a tad thicker than Id preffer but I easily solve this by diluting it with water which works like a charm and doubles my product supply. Posted Image

Some of the benefits I have reaped from using airbrush make up are:

Flawless coverage....it is amazing how great airbrushing works on scars and how well it hides imperfections. It's almost like a wand that erases all your concern areas.
less irritation...hands off my skin have meant less irritation
no contamination...hands off the product and off my face keep contamination of the acne bacteria at bay.

I highly recommend it.

Hope this helps.

#6 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

i just ordered some oxygenetix foundation online after i tried some samples. it covers really well and my skin doesnt get greasy after it being on for hours and its breathable. the laser center that i go to sells it but i found it online for about $59. its pricey but its good for covering up acne and helping to heal the skin.
http://www.oxygenetix.com/

Edited by Karen Howz, 03 April 2012 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users