Photo

19 Year Old With Terrible Acne Scarring

tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#41 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Lol how can you say aloe vera doesn't work for anyone? That's incredibly shallow minded. Aloe vera works for many people, it can help the scar tissue rejuvenate. I have shallow scars on my temples, and aloe vera has rid them 80% if not more you wouldn't notice them now unless I pointed them out to you or in bright light. Aloe vera will also get rid of red marks. Split the plant and rub the goo into the area, go from slower to faster, and rub for at least 10 minutes once a night. Does wonders.

#42 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

what brand of aloe vera do you use?

#43 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Lol how can you say aloe vera doesn't work for anyone? That's incredibly shallow minded. Aloe vera works for many people, it can help the scar tissue rejuvenate. I have shallow scars on my temples, and aloe vera has rid them 80% if not more you wouldn't notice them now unless I pointed them out to you or in bright light. Aloe vera will also get rid of red marks. Split the plant and rub the goo into the area, go from slower to faster, and rub for at least 10 minutes once a night. Does wonders.

here's the evidence.

"There is no real evidence that aloe vera (Aloe barbadenis) helps the skin in any significant way. An article in the British Journal of General Practice (October 1999, pages 823–828) stated that “Topical application of aloe vera is not an effective preventative for radiation-induced injuries…. Whether it promotes wound healing is unclear…. Even though there are some promising results, clinical effectiveness of oral or topical aloe vera is not sufficiently defined at present.” There is research indicating that isolated components of aloe vera, such as glycoprotein, can have some effectiveness for wound healing and as an anti-irritant (Sources: Journal of Ethnopharmacology, December 1999, pages 3–37; Free-Radical Biology and Medicine, January 2000, pages 261–265; and British Journal of Dermatology, October 2001, pages 535–545). However, when mixed into a cosmetic product, it is doubtful those qualities remain, although it may still play a role in binding moisture to skin (Source: Skin Research and Technology, November 2006, pages 241–246).
In pure form, aloe vera’s benefits on skin are probably its lack of occlusion and the refreshing sensation it provides. Aloe serves as a water-binding agent for skin due to its polysaccharide (complex carbohydrate) and sterol content. (An example of a sterol that’s beneficial for skin is cholesterol) Although research has shown aloe also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial qualities, no study has proven it to be superior to other ingredients with similar properties, including vitamin C, green tea, pomegranate, and many other antioxidants (Source: www.naturaldatabase.com)."
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/69/aloe-vera.aspx

like i said, aloe vera doesnt do anything. bet u feel stupid for getting splitting a plant and rubbing it on ur face for 10min every night. hahaha
Claravis 40mg started 10/12/11
Stopped on 11/10/11 because of Liver Functioning and High Cholesterol.

Recontinued 3/16/12 - Finished 8/25/12

#44 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

lmao and yet I have almost a scar free face thanks to aloe vera. "Professionals" also say to smother your face in BP and ridiculous chemicals to "help" your problem. I don't need foolish people who can't see the clear benefits of the PLANT, I never said product, as it shows most man made products are garbage, I stick to mother nature.

Edited by Thehoper, 21 March 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#45 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

thehoper, where do u get your aloe vera??

#46 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

From my local nursery. I got a big plant for 10 bucks. And since I'm in AZ where the sun never goes down, it just keeps growin and growin! No product in the world will ever do so much for ya for 10 bucks lol. But yeah most nurseries should have them... remember there are different strains of aloe vera, you have to get the medicine strain. At the nursery I go to they had a big lot of aloe plants, and a portion of them had the medical sticker on them saying they were for medical use. I'm tellin ya this stuff is fuckin magic, has made my life so much easier. Again I just break a piece off, split it, then rub.

#47 nofx619

nofx619

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Lol there aint nothin wrong with ur face mark henry. Leave this vwebsite. Its fr true acne scarring sufferers who contemplate suicide becz we dn have 3 grand to pay fr a fuken laser sess..

#48 havefaith

havefaith

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

thats disrespectful... i think u should leave the site nofx

and oneandonly... to me it doesnt look that bad... like someone said - mild-moderate
Still sucks, I know but... what can u do...
Time by itself can fix a lot

why dont u try TCA on another part of your body and see what that does, and if it works maybe try on some spot on your face, and if that works, do it with the others.

and needling would probably help as well... You can take aloe vera and mix with vitamin C.. and maybe some rosewood oil or lavender oil, emu oil, or another vitamin rich oil... put that stuff on your face before sleeping.. It may even make your skin peel if u leave it on for more than 24 hours... an the peeling is more gentle than chemical

#49 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

I do not like puttin oils on my face I break out. I am going to see some mmore dermatologists/plastic surgeons and then if nothing good comes out of it I will either do retin-a or needling.

#50 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

see a plastic surgeon if thats the route your gonna go, derms are useless for scars.

#51 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

So apparently my scarring is not good for surgical procedures?

#52 Nasser1

Nasser1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

have you found a solution OP ?

#53 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

Yea I am getting some microderma like around 10 session to smooth out my complextion and also fillers for my boxscars/indentation. If the fillers are not satisfactory then I will use this thing called airgent

#54 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

If you have the money dont hesitate to get laser treatment, remember most people dont get laser treatment because its a fast solution yet very expensive. Most people dont have 3k dollars to spend on laser and preffer going on cheaper stuff but yet takes longer to disminish. If you consider having laser treatment ask questions , asks for pictures of before and after and make sure its a trusted doctor

do lasers actually work? cuz so many people say it makes their skin worse. If lasers do work i would do it for my shallow scars in a heartbeat. I'm a girl so I can make fast moeny dancing at a club and can afford lasers..i dont really give a crap about morals all i want is smooth skin.

Btw it's totally normal to just want to die. I want to die everytime i look in the mirror.

#55 Soon2BGone

Soon2BGone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

i think you should be really careful if you do decide to have laser treatment
read these horror stories
hhttp://iplandlaserda...om/forum14.html

peoples face have been fried , fat loss , dents , indentations , hyper hypo pigmentation , scarring

ive read way more failures then success when it comes to laser treatment

http://www.iplandlas...ipl_photos.html

i really like your thinking btw jen

Edited by Soon2BGone, 06 April 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#56 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

I am not getting laser... yet.. because a DOCTOR not a dermatologist/spa persoon recommended me against it... So I am going to do this treatment called airgent look it up people its good and then also do micro for smoother complextion plus some dermastamping.

I am going to be patient and wait a year to see improvements if not then laser I guess

#57 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

i think you should be really careful if you do decide to have laser treatment
read these horror stories
hhttp://iplandlaserda...om/forum14.html

peoples face have been fried , fat loss , dents , indentations , hyper hypo pigmentation , scarring

ive read way more failures then success when it comes to laser treatment

http://www.iplandlas...ipl_photos.html

i really like your thinking btw jen

Thanks haha

And thx for those links..I have heard a lot about lasers damaging skin before so I have always been cautious. I actually have gotten laser before but it was for a freckle and it lightened it a few shades without any scarring or damage.

But after looking at those pics I think I will definately not get lasers again. I'm sure there are better treatments out there for my skin...

Edited by Jenny P, 07 April 2012 - 03:57 AM.

#58 LillyMay77

LillyMay77

LillyMay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Just to let you know your scars are barely noticable.

Edited by LillyMay77, 08 April 2012 - 01:49 PM.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

#59 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Wow lily you are so sweet thank you but I got a new scar becaus emy skin is sooo thin ugh

#60 free falling

free falling

Veteran

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

Just to let you know your scars are barely noticable.

yah dude your scars on a 1-10 scale.. are about a 3.2,
10 being severe