Photo

19 Year Old With Terrible Acne Scarring

tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#21 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

I am not going for full co2 but non ablative due to darker skin. Its a total of 6 session and will be around 3 k total

I tried skin needling and broke out due to the irriation. I have brown skin, so if anything, i might try eMatrix laser once i re-continue and finish accutane. and ur scars arent that bad. they're are people with way worse scarring.

#22 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

Oh ok thats cool I am going to wear make up from now on.

Is my scars that bad that I will never find a cure? Should I just kill myself?

Good God man, why are you talking like that. At 19 you have your whole life ahead of you. Start looking at your treatment options. My thread concentrates on lasers which may not be a good option for a black man, but there is a lot of other information. http://www.acne.org/...er-link-o-rama/ There is a treatment called Sublative Rejuvination http://www.syneron.c...x_ABG_09_10.pdf , you have subcision, and many other options that are mentioned on this forum. Go see a dermatologist and/or a plastic surgeon. My scars were worse than yours, and I went on the attack instead of giving up on life. I have dated many girls much younger than me. I took one to eat at Hooters and she was the best looking girl in there by far. If you give up on yourself how are you going to thrive?

Lol you sound like my mom. I don't really care about what other people thinks but its just I AM not happy with my face. do you have and before and after pics?

I never post pictures on here.

Btw do you think my scars are severe moderate or mild?

It looks like moderate.

#23 harlowefey

harlowefey

Good thoughts. Happy thought. Loveee!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

harlofewey, do you even have acne scars?

Yesssss I sure do. Makeup helps to cover them up. I've had one acne scar here on my right cheek thats been here for like 2 years because sometimes a new cyst will appear over the scar and mess up the process of the scar disappearing. I know what it's like to have acne scars. Thanks for asking. :)

#24 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

looks like mild-moderate...

#25 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

If you have the money dont hesitate to get laser treatment, remember most people dont get laser treatment because its a fast solution yet very expensive. Most people dont have 3k dollars to spend on laser and preffer going on cheaper stuff but yet takes longer to disminish. If you consider having laser treatment ask questions , asks for pictures of before and after and make sure its a trusted doctor

Where are you getting your info? I can afford laser, as can many others, but the risks generally outweigh the benefits and lasers don't do a whole lot for scarring despite what they (PS'S) tell you.

OP: Your scars are not that bad. Laser won't help much. You need excision or TCA CROSS first or they'll be utterly worthless. You should look into CROSS. If you don't know what that is, you aren't even close to being ready to make a good decision regarding scar revision. You need to research all your options before you decide on a procedure. Lasers are more risky for you because of your skin tone and non-ablatives aren't real effective.

#26 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

I am looking for cross in Toronto but no doctor will do it and the all recommend laser

#27 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

That's a shame. Not a lot of md's do cross, you have to really look. Maybe someone from CA will come along and tell you of a local one that does.

#28 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Does anyone know any good tca cross surgeons in Ontario??

#29 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

I think you will be disapponted with non-ablative CO2.

#30 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

I think you will be disapponted with non-ablative CO2.

Why do you say that?

#31 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

He's right. It doesn't do much (if anything) for acne scarring.

#32 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I might as well give up then because everyone is teling me to get laser

#33 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

No, you can find someone to give you cross or excision. The thing with excision is it will leave another scar, usually a line scar which is less obvious. You would need a Plastic surgeon to do that.

You can get cross done in NYC if you are willing to travel. Maybe there's someone closer, like in new england who does it.

I just looked at your pics again and I wouldn't recommend excision. They aren't deep enough. You could actually start out with dermarolling. I don't advocate that for self use, but if there truly are no mds nearby, and you absolutely can't make it to NYC, you can try that on the scarred areas. You would need to really research it and talk to people on here who did it so you know what you're doing. It would need to be sterile and done right. I'd get a new roller each time just to be on the safe side. There's a big thread on that here, so you may want to read that.

#34 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Can I do cross on myself. The doctor who does cross told me that my scars are boxscars and cross won't work and that because of my dark skin it will leave a mark

#35 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

If they're boxscars, then cross isn't that effective on them. Excision works for boxscars. Some people have done cross on themselves. You have to be VERY careful, because it's 100% acid, so you can make the scars wider and deeper because it's full on acid. You may want to get some PS consults for excision.

#36 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

My boxcars on my temples are so tiny that it looks like icepicks but when looked at closely, they are boxscars not icepicks lol. I am going to try to get a consultation with a Plastic surgeon in Toronto. Any reccomendation?

#37 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

No recommendations. I live in the US.

I wonder if they're too small for excision....I'm not too versed on excision so I am not sure. Maybe someone will come along who knows more about very small boxscars.

#38 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

your scars aren't bad at all, it's crazy you think they are so bad. I have what you have plus some scars on my jaw. Aloe Vera right from the plant works, but doesn't seem to work long lasting. The scars will come back, but if you keep doing the aloe vera you can get them to be unnoticeable.

#39 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I might as well give up then because everyone is teling me to get laser

non ablative lasers dont do anything for pitted scars. look in to ematrix, i hear thats good for dark skin. Im for sure giving that a try when im done with tane

your scars aren't bad at all, it's crazy you think they are so bad. I have what you have plus some scars on my jaw. Aloe Vera right from the plant works, but doesn't seem to work long lasting. The scars will come back, but if you keep doing the aloe vera you can get them to be unnoticeable.

and dont listen to this guy. aloe vera doesnt do shit for pitted scars. or mederma. save ur money

Edited by Nelo18, 21 March 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#40 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

I think what he means is aloe vera makes you skin look softer. I cannot find anyone who does e-matrix in Toronto.. all do pro fractional which i am not down for. I am going to try dermatstamping..