Photo

19 Year Old With Terrible Acne Scarring

tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#1 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hey guys, I have been a reader for a while and I finally decided to make a thread looking for advice.

I am 19 and have terrible acne scars as you can see from the pictures. I am wondering what can I do.... PLEASE HELP ME!!! I went to one dermatologist and they told me 6 treatment of fractional treatments with a grand total around 2k. I don't know if laser is right for me I have darker skin too and the dermatologist will put hydroquiline on me.

I was looking into TCA peels/cross but the dermatologist said my skin is too dark and will cause loss of pigmentation.. is that true? :(

Anyways I am in Toronto and am looking for anything at this point as its bringing me down.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Acne Scar1.jpg
  • Acnescar2.jpg
  • acnescar3.jpg
  • acnescar4.jpg
  • Scar5.jpg

#2 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

...Does anyone have any opinions..please?

Edited by Theoneandonly, 10 March 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#3 ihatemyskin94

ihatemyskin94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

lol thats not terrible dude, mine is worse than that and more red. Dont do any surgery, laser, peel etc. it'll work short term and the scarring will re-appear. I ordered a dermaroller a few days ago so hopefully that works for me, i think you should look into getting one too..

#4 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I have some deep pitted scar? Wouldn't surgery be good for those?

#5 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Does anyone have any other advice?

#6 harlowefey

harlowefey

Good thoughts. Happy thought. Loveee!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

my acne scarring isn't like that.. honestly, i would recommend exfoliating every three days and slathering on vitamin E. but i'm no doctor and i don't know what its like to have pitting scars like that. but if i have a scar i usually put vitamin e on it or bio oil and it works pretty good.
CURRENT REGIMEN

Morning:
1) Acne.org Regimen
2) Spot treat with AHA+.
3) Double moisturize: Jojoba oil and Acne.org Regimen Moisturizer.

Night:
1) Acne.org Regimen
2) Spot treat with AHA+. Use AHA+ on full face every Tuesday and Thursday night.
3) Double moisturize.

#7 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

harlofewey, do you even have acne scars?

#8 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Is my scars that bad that I will never find a cure? Should I just kill myself?

#9 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

They really don't look that bad to me. I have some scarring but since I still have active acne i'm just letting them be for now, count yourself lucky your not still dealing with that!

How long ago did your acne stop? I think if it was recently you should seriously consider just waiting and doing something like harlowefey says. Vit E is meant to be good for scarring. Have you browsed the forums and the gallerys? You're bound to find someone with pictures that look like yours and an idea of what they are planning on doing. They will naturally fade over time anyway
Started (Ro)Accutane :)
Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

#10 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Good God man, why are you talking like that. At 19 you have your whole life ahead of you. Start looking at your treatment options. My thread concentrates on lasers which may not be a good option for a black man, but there is a lot of other information. http://www.acne.org/...er-link-o-rama/ There is a treatment called Sublative Rejuvination http://www.syneron.c...x_ABG_09_10.pdf , you have subcision, and many other options that are mentioned on this forum. Go see a dermatologist and/or a plastic surgeon. My scars were worse than yours, and I went on the attack instead of giving up on life. I have dated many girls much younger than me. I took one to eat at Hooters and she was the best looking girl in there by far. If you give up on yourself how are you going to thrive?

Edited by DudleyDoRight, 11 March 2012 - 12:46 PM.

Dermabrasion - Full Face

CO2 Full Face 1996

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% May 22, 2008

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Jan 08, 2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 30,2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 08,2010

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Nov 04,2011

"The Road To Wellville" 1994
Goodloe Bender: Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!

#11 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't think he's black
meh

#12 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

I have brown/olive skin lol depends but thank you guys

#13 ishmaelish

ishmaelish

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

I wish I had skin like yours even though you have scars.
Beats acne, besides, scars are nothing to be ashamed of.

Stop being so dramatic.

#14 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Excuse me but in strong sunlight and when i tild my head sideways, these scars look 100 times worse fyi

#15 AndreaXD

AndreaXD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

If you have the money dont hesitate to get laser treatment, remember most people dont get laser treatment because its a fast solution yet very expensive. Most people dont have 3k dollars to spend on laser and preffer going on cheaper stuff but yet takes longer to disminish. If you consider having laser treatment ask questions , asks for pictures of before and after and make sure its a trusted doctor

#16 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

I am not going for full co2 but non ablative due to darker skin. Its a total of 6 session and will be around 3 k total

#17 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Good God man, why are you talking like that. At 19 you have your whole life ahead of you. Start looking at your treatment options. My thread concentrates on lasers which may not be a good option for a black man, but there is a lot of other information. http://www.acne.org/...er-link-o-rama/ There is a treatment called Sublative Rejuvination http://www.syneron.c...x_ABG_09_10.pdf , you have subcision, and many other options that are mentioned on this forum. Go see a dermatologist and/or a plastic surgeon. My scars were worse than yours, and I went on the attack instead of giving up on life. I have dated many girls much younger than me. I took one to eat at Hooters and she was the best looking girl in there by far. If you give up on yourself how are you going to thrive?

Lol you sound like my mom. I don't really care about what other people thinks but its just I AM not happy with my face. do you have and before and after pics?

#18 AMomofaTeen

AMomofaTeen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi Theonlyandonly. I agree with others who mentioned that the photos make the scarring appear to be almost unnoticeable. Did you or a friend take the photos? Photos taken by a professional medical photographer, or someone who regularly takes medical photographs under professional lighting would give a more accurate portrayal.

What's most important is how you perceive your own skin. Listening to the advice given by a board certified dermatologist about any treatment, including the suggested laser treatment, in my opinion, is the best plan.

Because of the high cost and what sounds like some remaining doubts you have about laser treatment, it would be well worth your time and a little extra money to first get a second opinion from another board certified dermatologist. If both dermatologists agree on a course of treatment, and if both agree on the same pros and cons of the treatment, then you can relax and decide on whether you are ready to follow through with their advice.

If the dermatologist told you that there is a risk of skin lightening using chemical peels, then I'd believe the dermatologist. Medical doctors don't have any advantage in revealing negative side effects, so when they do mention risks, it's probably a good idea to listen carefully. The concern would be when they don't tell you about known side effects, or if they falsely dismiss possible side effects as rare occurrences.

There are risks with all treatments and medications so always ask for the pros and cons on each treatment.

#19 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Lol you sound like my mom. I don't really care about what other people thinks but its just I AM not happy with my face. do you have and before and after pics?

I never post pictures on here.
Dermabrasion - Full Face

CO2 Full Face 1996

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% May 22, 2008

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Jan 08, 2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 30,2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 08,2010

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Nov 04,2011

"The Road To Wellville" 1994
Goodloe Bender: Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!

#20 Theoneandonly

Theoneandonly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Oh ok thats cool I am going to wear make up from now on.

I never post pictures on here.

Btw do you think my scars are severe moderate or mild?