saw palmetto

4 replies to this topic

#1 cinnamon_stix

cinnamon_stix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Im sure that my acne is hormonal. My naturopath diagnosedme with pcos because I have really greasy skin and hair in places a woman shouldn't have hair. I don't think my testosterone is high, I just think I have a problem with DHT. I took spiro for a year and it worked wonders but the side effects were too much to bear. So I had to stop. So now im back at square one. Went back to the naturopath and she raved to me about saw palmetto. Went and bought the gnc standardized 160 mg caps. If anyone has experience with saw palmetto please share your story. I really need motivation to stick with this herb. Also let me know how much your taking for clear skin. Thanks!

#2 Bonnybell

Bonnybell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hi Cinnamon Stix! I've been using Saw Palmetto for excess testosterone (after having a saliva hormone test done, confirming that was indeed what was going on) for the past 2 months or so. I've definitely seen a decrease in oily skin, and my acne (body and facial) is slowing healing up. I know it has to do with a bunch of things I'm doing, including eating foods that don't make me break out. For the Saw Palmetto, I take 3 a day at different times on an empty stomach, and each capsule has 400 mg standardized saw palmetto berry. It's worth a shot, and it's not an expensive experiment to try...at least from my point of view:)

#3 WildGo0se

WildGo0se

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

I'm taking the same exact GNC brand. I'm on a day four now and so far, I don't see any improvement. I'm not sure how long it takes to see results. I'm also taking 320 mg a day; maybe this isn't enough?

#4 jaydeec

jaydeec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

i saw it work wonders the first day I took, it. Not kidding. I have very oily skin and from the first day I took it my oiliness decreased by like 70 percent. I washed my face and it remained dry for hours and when i woke up in the am in wasn"t all greasy. I don't use the GNC brand , I use Nature's Bounty 450 mg's . Its been a week and a couple of days but now i am noticing that I am going back to being oily. IDK whats up.

#5 RainbowSmash

RainbowSmash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

For the last couple of weeks I've had great results with SP too. It makes my skin really dry, to the point where my back was itching like crazy. You definitely need to use moisturizer because otherwise your skin will start producing more oil to compensate for the extreme dryness. Even before SP I noticed that using moisturizer helps with oil production.

I don't know about long term usage though. There doesn't seem to be much info out there. Anyone have any info?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users