Photo

Paleo Diet, Advanced

paleo paleo diet vitamin vitamins vitamin e fish oil gluten red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Clayjar,

Very smart advice and idea!!  GTF Chromium is doing amazing things for diabetics, so it does make perfect sense that it could help one's skin as well.  I hope it continues to work for you.  If so, you might start a thread about it down the road to alert others if one hasn't been started already.  Awesome discovery.  :)

"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;

if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

~Philippians 4:8~

Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here

* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.

* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.

* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.

* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.

* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!

#22 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Paleo seems to affect is the amount of sugar in the blood and increasesd insulin sensitivity. Acne is improved in many on this site with a Paleo diet. There is a theory of "skin diabetes", which seems to make sense.

Have you tried Chromium GTF? It's supposed to regulate insulin sensitivity, thereby improving the skin cell-insulin interaction. It has been a week since I started taking it and my skin has improved tremendously, rather quickly. And I have been eating carbs.

Paleo also tends to mean consuming a lot of beneficial nutrients making supplements unnecessary. And it doesn't mean low carb. It tends to be low To moderate GL though since you don't eat or drink refined carbs.

Edited by alternativista, 14 March 2013 - 07:48 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#23 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Re itchy throat-- there are antibodies in your mucin linings. That's where IgA lives and works. Which is why tests for gluten intolerance should be looking for IgA. They at Los you first line of defense against pathogen, which is one of he reasons flu vaccines don't work that well since they are injected into your bloodstream. The kind you inhale might work better but
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#24 clayjar

clayjar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

Thanks, ABG Fairy...I hope it continues to work as well!! I did start a thread called, Chromium, Niacin & Zinc...

http://www.acne.org/...c/#entry3333500
HOPE