Photo

Good Foundation For Pale, Oily Skin?

oily skin pale large pores foundation full coverage cakey makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi guys! I've been using Almay tlc for about a year now and I need a change! My foundation is a mess after two hours after applying it, and by the end of the school day my face is cakey and shiny and disgusting! I have to blot my face with oil sheets and apply powder every two hours. It's soooo embarrassing and I've had enough. I have acne on my chin but my real problem is covering my huge pores! My pores are really what makes my skin look disgusting. I'm also extremely pale so a lot of makeup makes my face look orange. Does anyone know of a full coverage foundation that will stay looking decent for seven hours without looking cakey or rub off? You suggestions and comments are appreciated!

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

#2 mini7

mini7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi SavyBanana,
I currently use Boots No.7 Lifting & Firming foundation in New Ivory shade. I too have pale and very oily skin and this foundation is in a matte finish, so it holds up longer than other foundations I've used. I used to use Loreal True match but it was so sheer you could see all my acne. I switched to this one which is full coverage and does a pretty good job of hiding acne and scarring (of which I have a lot) You can find it at Target which is where I get mine from.

#3 Valairiel

Valairiel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Have you tried using a Mattifying Primer underneath your makeup. I use the one by Murad, Not even for makeup but just as it seems to absorb oil off my face better than without it.

​Have you tried a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation, They lighter in weight, look more natural, and Bobbi brown has an oil free tinted moisturizer in a light shade with an SPF +15, which is a bonus.

M.

#4 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Have you tried Almay Clear Complexion Makeup with salicylic acid? I have extremely oily skin too and it lasts a good 6-8 hours on me.

#5 Gracicook

Gracicook

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

I use Clarins everlasting foundation and its really good. Its a matte liquid foundation good for oil prone skin and lasts up to 15 hours but i would never leave it on for that long! It's really pigmented so it conceals redness really well but isn't too heavy on he skin. Plus it's clarins so you know it's good quality! xx

#6 sh1234

sh1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Make up for ever has an amazingggg foundation called mat velvet +
thats the only liquid foundation ive used for the past like 3 yrs
its awesome and controls oil for a long time and makes your skin look velvety soft lol
im pale and ive found a perfect match for my skin..i think its shade 20

#7 Aleece

Aleece

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Revlon Colorstay is a good foundation. It has a lot of different color choices, and it's great because it's a full coverage foundation with a matte finish. Hope you're able to find what works for you! :)

#8 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

I know it's kind of on the pricey side, but Estee Lauder Double Wear is so good, It will literally last all day and doesn't "melt off". I only have to blot once in the afternoon but I'm good after that. I've actually done some yard work with this on and I was sweating like crazy and it didn't come off.
They also have another type that's another matte formula. I haven't tried it but you could go by one of their makeup counters and try it for a day.

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

#9 sixspeedschroeder

sixspeedschroeder

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

This is quite pricey as well but I have tried SO MANY foundations and I have extremely oily skin with horrible acne and my favorite by far is DiorSkin Forever foundation. My shade is 010 and it matches my fair skin perfectly. It's medium coverage that is buildable, especially to cover those lovely acne scars. I never use concealer anymore. I wear Hard Cardy's light primer underneath. I top it off with NYX stay matte but not flat powder foundation and it stays for a good part of the day. Around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, I have to oil blot but other than that it looks amazing! It has SPF 25+ which is fantastic but it also doesn't photo like normal foundation with SPF. It's also a silicone-based makeup and has never irritated my acne. Although it is $47 a bottle, it lasts FOREVER. I can perfectly cover my face with only two pumps. So worth it Posted Image

#10 WantThisAcneGone

WantThisAcneGone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

I have pale, somewhat oily skin as well and I just started using Revlon Photoready Foundation....i LOVE it :) It is a bit pricey but so worth it for me.

Regimen for shoulder/back/bum 

1. NO dairy

2. Little to no junk food/pop

3. Drink plenty of water

4. Bathe at least every other day

5. Wash shoulders/back/bum with Dawn Dish Soap

6. Apply Noxema to bum and rinse

7. Apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil to bum every night before bed; let sink into skin

8. Avoid sitting/laying on sides as much as possible throughout day

98% improvement!

#11 rush25

rush25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

I second Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet +. Phenomenal foundation that looks absolutely amazing.
be so happy with the way you are | be so happy that you made it this far