Photo

My Modified Bp Regimen Log

cortisone aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#41 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

I worked out again today. I used bp all over again today for about 4 hrs. I'm using what I could scrape out of my old FW & seeing if I can get it from the pharm, but that's doubtful. My old FW is better than any out there. It's a shame I had to run out of it when I began the regimen.If I can't get it, I'm going to try hibiclens again. My fw being up in the air is a big problem.

My skin isn't too great at all.

Edited by Prettywords, 22 April 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#42 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

So I finally received my benzac ac today that I ordered from a supposedly respectable Canadian pharmacy and the writing on the box and product is in Turkish! I am beyond pissed. I was so excited to try this and now I feel like I need to toss it. It's supposed to be from France and have the writing in English.It's annoying because if I lived in AU, I could walk into any pharm and buy it otc.

I hate the way my skin looks. It's dry and just terrible. I'm completely gutted over the 'benzac.'
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#43 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

okay, so I'm going to try dan's bp again since I have some from before in my drawer. I'm only going to use it on my forehead and maybe nose. I would seriously love it if I could use this, especially since I am on these forums for like 10 yrs and can support them this way. Gah. I hope it works. I seriously don't even know what to do anymore.

#44 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

I just applied dan's bp. I ended up putting it everywhere. Posted Image It feels so nice on my skin. I absolutely LOVE the texture and how it absorbs into my skin! This is so much nicer than the dreaded OTS; ugh, how I hated that stuff and how it felt on my skin. I even like it better than persa gel which has a really nice consistency. don't have any burning, despite using 10% the past few days, and bc of that, I started out with already dry skin, so I feel that's a good sign! I used this when I stopped my AA and my skin was dry and I hadn't used bp in a long time, so maybe that's why it acted weird...? I hope so. His bp gets consistently stellar ratings, so I feel like I need to give it another shot. Even on MUA, it gets good reviews. I hope so badly this works for me. I don't even want to leave my house lately.

Edited by Prettywords, 23 April 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#45 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

I left the bp on for 5 hrs. I washed with hibiclens because I ran out of my meager scrapings of my normal (old) fw. My face didn't sting or anything with the bp on. It *may* have looked a little red, but not too much. It actually felt rather nice on my face and I could imagine it being good under makeup. Of course, this is only day 1, though. Once washed, it's flaking, like usual as of late. I hate that & wish it would stop.

Odd note not related to bp; I think my hair is getting thicker. It takes forever to dry now, when it didn't take that long before -- this actually began some months ago. Anyway, now I looked at it, because I'm curious as to wth is going on and it looks fuller when it's up, like there's more of it. It could be those hairs that were sprouting before are long enough now to affect how my crown looks and make it thicker, hence it drying sooo slowly. This is a positive if true. It would also suggest my test. is not affecting my hair follicles for some reason. I do have oily hair now that I stopped antiandrogens, but I do wash daily to mitigate the affect of DHT on my follicles. So, it seems I'm producing adequate, or a lot of androgens, but it's not affecting the hair thickness which is unexpected. I'm glad, but don't understand. Hormones are so baffling sometimes.

I'll likely spot treat with 10% on anything active, because I'm a bit paranoid right now about 2.5% treating active stuff.

Edited by Prettywords, 24 April 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#46 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

My skin looks pretty good today. It's a tiny bit pink/red, but it doesn't bother me at all. It's not irritated or dry. I swear the hibiclens makes my skin soft, which doesn't make sense, but I noticed that before when I used it.

I'm going to put on the bp all over in a bit. I'll leave it for at least 4 hours.

I guess I'll be using the hibiclens for now.

#47 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

So I left it on for about 4 hrs again. I like it so far! It sorta seems moisturizing, but maybe that's the hibliclens, but it doesn't seem too drying. I'm guessing that was just my skin being just off AA's and being super sensitive. I hope I continue to like it.

So, this is day 2 of my dan's bp regimen. My timeline is odd because I've been using other bp's for at least 3 weeks, but really longer, so I don't know what to expect. It's still bit flaky, but not too bad (I don't think). It feels very soft and smooth and nourished, which again, I find weird, but not complaining.

My fingers and toes are crossed.

#48 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

My skin is fine. It's a tad dry, but not too bad. Right now, I'm not using moisturizer because I'm leery of them, but I'll add it back in soon once I'm sure I'm clear.

It's too soon to tell, really, but I think I really like the hibiclens. It seems to really not dry out my skin and makes it soft.

I'll use it again for like 4 hrs. I'm going to use it that way until I'm used to it, then up it. This seems to work well for me.I'm not crazy about sleeping with anything on my face. I haven't done that since 'tane because I didn't need to, so I'm not crazy about it. I think the skin likes to breathe at rest and it's how the skin heals itself. But -- when I was on my bp regimen back in the day, I slept in it, so I will probably need to now.

I worked out today.

Edited by Prettywords, 25 April 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#49 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

My skin looks really good! It's way less dry. I wore makeup today for the 1st time in weeks and it looked good, no flakies. Of course I wore moisturizer underneath, but still -- I did that with the OTS and it still looked a wreck of dry skin. It was a mess. I really think the OTS made my skin really dry from the bentonite. I hate that stuff (OTS).

I'm seriously loving dan's bp and so glad I gave it another shot.

#50 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

I do have those tiny bumps on my forehead again. I hate them. I don't know why I keep getting them.

#51 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

This is going to sound weird, but I think this bp moisturizes my skin a little. Maybe it's the urea. I'm still really surprised my skin is handling this bp so nicely when it was so irritated by it before. The only thing it could be would be the AA had my skin even more sensitive than I realized.

I got one on my temple, but it's not inflamed, so I don't care. I used a different fw tonight only because I was afraid hibiclens wouldn't take off my powder foundation. I need to see if I can find out if it takes off makeup.

Oh, I ended up sleeping in the BP last night because of time constraints, besides, it doesn't seem to be irritating me badly.

#52 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

My skin is good. I slept in the bp last night too and will again tonight. It's not really drying me out. Keep in mind, I'm not using moisturizer on top either, because I'm scared of sleeping in moisturizer right now. So, my skin is handling it really well. I guess my skin was dried out internally from the AA's, and my oils are back now so I'm able to use things I was unable to use a few months ago. I couldn't use dan's bp and I couldn't take omegas, but now I can use both again. (I used to use omegas all the time, but while on AA's and after the 1st few months off of them, they made my skin really old and dry and shriveled looking) --now I don't have that problem anymore and take them daily. So...it was definitely the aa's, even for months afterwards. I had zero oil, it was like 'tane. That's my take on it, anyway.

I've been using even more bp over the past few days and I'm doing well. I'm still only on 1x a day at night. The one thing about the bp that is weird, and I'm not sure how I feel about, is that it makes my skin look oily, but it's not. It doesn't feel tacky or anything, but it looks it. That would possibly be a problem under makeup, but I'm not sure because I've only worn it at night.

I've really upped the amount I use on my oily parts which are only my forehead and nose and it seems to be getting rid of those little bumps on my fh after only one night. Maybe it was getting too oily which is what I thought was causing them because they were so small that they looked like they were caused by oil.

Edited by Prettywords, 29 April 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#53 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

I have little to no flakes anymore. I'm so happy! I was able to wear makeup, powder makeup no less, with no moisturizer!! Awesomeness.

I've gotten no new ones but there are some small little bumps still hanging out.

I used a ton of bp last night.

I'm still using hibiclens to wash.

I believe tomorrow is one week on dan's bp.

#54 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I got a little spot today but it isn't too bad. I still have little ones that look like milia but not quite -- they're that size but I don't think they're milia. I may start using bp 2x a day in that area.

I have 0 flakes.

I worked out.

This is one week on dan's bp. I'm using more each day. I hope I don't get a purge. My skin was oily today, but so was my hair, ugh. I'm that week before totm...

Edited by Prettywords, 01 May 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#55 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

I used 10% to spot treat on top of 2.5% and that worked nicely. I'm not using hibiclens right now -- I'm worried it doesn't clean my skin well. I worked out last night. I took a baby aspirin yesterday. Settling on a cleanser is hard.

Edited by Prettywords, 02 May 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#56 jepooley

jepooley

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Have you tried dan's wash? That shit has been a miracle for me. c:

#57 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

That's actually what I'm using now. Posted Image I just started a few days ago, so I can't give a proper review, but so far so good and it seems like it will work out, but I don't want to say it just yet, lol. If this works out, I may even try jojoba. And seriously, if the whole thing works out, and it seems like it may: I will kick myself for not trying this sooner and going on dangerous meds that messed with my body and mind. And I will freaking tell everyone! I can think of three people off the top of my head that would buy it -- and that's not even scratching the surface.

I got some sun today. I need the vit. D.

Practically all my forehead little ones are gone since I upped my dose of bp there. I've been using a lot everywhere, but just 1x a day for now. I really can't complain right now. My forehead is a tad dry, but it's not too bad, no redness or anything, just a little bit of flakiness.

Edited by Prettywords, 04 May 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#58 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

So I'm feeling those bumps on my skin all over again when I wash. The last time I had them was when I was using the other new face wash. I seem to have major issues with face washes that don't contain BP. Very annoying. So, I think I may go back to Hibiclens. I stopped because I was afraid it didn't take off makeup. I'm looking around for another FW. I'm wondering about acnefree fw. I would use the Panoxyl, which I already have, but it has glycolic in it and I don't want to use that yet, but maybe I will. I also thought of adding some sulfur to Dan's wash, which I thought of doing a long time ago to kinda dupe my Rx fw with sulfur, so maybe I'll try that.Then I'm thinking of using albolene to remove makeup (when I wear it, which isn't often) but I don't know about that. Basically, I'm confused about which FW to use. I need to play around with it. I think the ingredients in FW really do penetrate the skin which is probably why I like the BP washes so much. I don't use bp in the am right now, maybe if I did, dan's would be okay. I may try it again later, but I'm shelving it for the time being.

No idea what I'm washing with tonight....it's either panoxl or the hibiclens or dan's with added sulfur.

#59 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

Ugh. So I wore makeup today and I decided to check to see if the hibiclens took it off by using rose water witch hazel and I needed to use 8 cotton pads to get off all the makeup left behind! I rarely wear makeup but this is a big problem. I need something to take it off, but those wipes tend to have comedogenic ingredients, so I don't know what to use. I'm thinking about albolene, but I'm afraid that would break me out too. HELP!

I am getting two pimples. I've been using bp 2x a day.

I worked out. I also drank smoothies -- they're very good!

#60 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

So I opted to use a bp wash I had from before (but not the one I love bc I can't get that one anymore) and it was okay, but since it has glycolic, my skin is a little weird, though I think that has something to do with the witch hazel I used to see if hibliclens removes makeup (it doesn't). The witch hazel didn't have alcohol, but still. I'm going to use it again after I wear makeup again to make sure my cleanser removes it, but it's not something I'll use regularly. I wish I could settle on a cleanser that doesn't clog my pores. I hate that my skin reacts poorly to every fw besides ones with BP. It's always been this way -- I always need a fw with some active, either bp or triclosan, no matter how much bp I use. That said, at some point I'll try to add back in dan's and see if it's okay. It's not supposed to be comedogenic, but with my skin, for some reason it doesn't even matter.

I have 2 that are starting to form, but I'm putting bp on them and I took baby aspirin last night, and I will again tonight. My skin isn't awful, but I would expect to have none. Then, I have all of those little ones that I can feel but can't see. I got them with the other fw, they went away with hibiclens, now they're back. It's definitely from fw. It seems like it's a reaction to something I put on my face, like a dermatitis or acne from a product, and I practically never wear makeup so...

I still can't get over the fact that it took 7-8 wipes cotton pads of witch hazel to get off all my makeup after washing. Yikes.