acne drugstore

4 replies to this topic

#1 peaceexlove

peaceexlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Well I started on acne.org in September with the DKR. After using up those supplies I branched out to find products that I preferred. For example I replaced his cleanser with a gentle, more moisturizing one from Cetaphil, and am in constant search for a moisturizer that will do something good for me. I had always stuck to his BP though until I ran out of my most recent bottle and didn't feel like reordering when shipping time just pisses me off.

So I started trying other alternatives, starting with Neutrogena On-the-Spot, I liked that the drying time was cut way down compared to the DKR BP, but it was not as effective on my skin. So I tried using the Equate brand of Proactiv's Reparing Lotion. The smell is awful and the results are nothing to write home about. It is nearly impossible to find a drugstore BP that is 2.5% and actually effective. So my question to you all is, if you're on "The Regimen" but not the DKR, what the hell do you use for BP?!

I'm feeling very upset with my skin right now. >:(

#2 justmeandmyacne

justmeandmyacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

I think I may be allergic to BP, I used to use some Clearasil stuff with BP in it and swells my eyes almost shut...It was very anooying...just be careful what you buy and stop using it if you have an allergic raction...just a tip...Posted Image

#3 Acneopia

Acneopia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Peaceexlove, are you using the Cetaphil bar? I was reading up on their liquid cleanser and it cotained sodiun laureth sulphate, a comedogenic ingredient. How are you finding it?

#4 random1

random1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:First and foremost not having acne.Reading, sometimes writing. Skateboarding. Discussing Harry Potter. Finding and listening to new music, going to concerts(\m/) and just being in the moment

Achievements

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Have you tried Epiduo? (adapalene x Benzyl Peroxide) ? Its 2.5% BP and .1% Adapalene. The adapalene is mild topical retinoid, My skin couldn't handle it but perhaps yours can. Oh and it was super cheap (with insurance coverage) about 35$ for a healthy tube full - which is great because your only supposed to use like a pea-sized amount (its apparently that effective). Oh and if that stuff is too strong then you can try the Adapalane by itself (cost 5$ with insurance). Good luck !

Morning

light wash with Acne.org cleanse

Aveeno Daily SPF 15

Aczone (As only spot treatment)

Supplements

1000mg Omega-Complex

Night

Shower

medium wash with Acne.org Cleanser

Medium application of Aczone

layer of Acne.org lotion

Evening Supplements

50mg Zinc

#5 peaceexlove

peaceexlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Peaceexlove, are you using the Cetaphil bar? I was reading up on their liquid cleanser and it cotained sodiun laureth sulphate, a comedogenic ingredient. How are you finding it?

Currently I am using the liquid cleanser (the one for all skin types) and have been using it for a good three months at least. I like the way it leaves my skin feeling (not dry), but it's not the most amazing cleanser out there. I'm not sure what else to use though at this point.

Have you tried Epiduo? (adapalene x Benzyl Peroxide) ? Its 2.5% BP and .1% Adapalene. The adapalene is mild topical retinoid, My skin couldn't handle it but perhaps yours can. Oh and it was super cheap (with insurance coverage) about 35$ for a healthy tube full - which is great because your only supposed to use like a pea-sized amount (its apparently that effective). Oh and if that stuff is too strong then you can try the Adapalane by itself (cost 5$ with insurance). Good luck !

I would really love to go to a derm, but currently I do not have insurance nor the money to pay out of pocket for a dermotologist. :( Thank you kindly for your recommendations though. Hope accutane is doing you well!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users