Photo

Please Comment On My Tazorac Progress With Pictures

tazorac retinoids

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ed Sect

Ed Sect

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi everybody! I'm a 23 year old male that has been battling forehead acne since the age of 20. In high school I was lucky; I never had to deal with acne. Now, all of my friends and family are 100% acne free except me. I even have a twin sister that hasn't had a pimple since high school. I used to get large cysts under the skin on my forehead that would never come to head. Then my acne sort of evolved to hundreds of non inflamed whiteheads and some blackheads across my forehead with about 3-5 a week becoming inflamed. After 3 years, I feel like I am going insane I just want it to stop. I used to read these boards everyday all day. I tried dans regimen for about 7 months and even kept a daily log and it was just too much work for such little results. Unfortunately, I've let acne greatly hinder my social life. I quit my job at the bank so I could work in a nice dark warehouse. I only go out with friends on 'good skin' days and I even stopped going to the gym. Finally back on January 20th I went to a dermatologist for the first time. I was practicing everything I was going to tell her and was anticipating a lengthy conversation. I ended up being in and out in less than 3 minutes, I felt that she kind of just rushed me out the door and didn't take me too seriously. Anyways, she presrcibed me Tazorac Cream 0.05% to use every night before bed. She also told me if I still have the acne.org BP to use that in the mornings.

Well, I'm about 6 weeks in and I can't tell if I am making any progress. My pictures kind of suck because I hadn't intended on posting them online initially, but I needed some input. In the first picture you can kind of see all these whiteheads I mentioned and I believe most of them have gone away. However, my forehead is full of blemishes from inflamed pimples daily. Even this morning I have two new ones. I just want to hear what you guys think! I am getting impatient, especially since my dermatologist told me I should be looking all better after 4 weeks. Not sure why she said that, after all my research it sounds like 4 weeks is when it should be at its worst.

Morning Regimen: Cleanse with Cetaphil daily gentle cleanser in shower. Pat dry face. Apply Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF15 moisturizer. (I only occasionally use dans BP because I’ve learned to hate it!!!)
Evening Regimen: Cleanse with Cetaphil daily gentle cleanser. Pat face dry. Apply Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF15 moisturizer. Wait 20-30 minutes. Apply Tazorac 0.05 % cream on forehead.

Week 1
week1.JPG

Week 2
week2.JPG

Week 4
week4.JPG

Week 6
week6.JPG

And if anyone is interested to see me keep documenting my progress I can start taking much better pictures. Posted Image

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

I think the most recent pictures show some improvement. As for your doctors - don't get your hopes up for clear skin at 4 weeks. 3 months is usually when improvement can be seen (so don't get discouraged before then).

Good Luck with your regimen.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#3 Ed Sect

Ed Sect

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for the reply!! Ugh 3 months! I swear it's the slowest responding disease. I had shingles and the doctor prescribed me medication and it was gone in 2 weeks.

#4 Ed Sect

Ed Sect

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Anyone else!!?

#5 Sexxyangelic1

Sexxyangelic1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'm on my 13th week of Taz and I am just starting to see results. It sucks but you just have to hang in there! It will get better I promise you! Posted Image
Acne I'm gonna kick yo azz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

I am almost done with my 4th week of Tazorac cream 0.05% and it SUCCKKKSSS and I feel your pain, but I think we have to keep faith until at least 2-3 months, if not longer!

I had an "initial" breakout during week 1. Things looked better during Week 2, but that was just some kind of sick joke, because BLAMO. Bad breakouts occurred in weeks 3 and 4. But honestly, all of the stuff is coming out and parts of my face are starting to get better. You don't seem to have too many cysts, which is good. I actually developed a crazy cyst under my left ear this week in an area where I do not apply Tazorac. Once I started lightly putting cream on it, the top layers of skin have started to peel away. Basically, I think Tazorac does a really good job and seems to work, albeit slowly.

Try not pick, too. I noticed the ones that get filled with pus and drain after I wash, seem to just fill back up again. It's frustrating.

Good luck!

28 years young female nutrition ninja

blah blah acne forever. let's kick it in the nutz, accutane.

Barlean's omega 3-6-9 swirl, probiotics, Thorne liver support, vitamin D

Started Claravis May 16, 2012

Month 1: 40 mg
Month 2: 60 mg

Month 3: 60 mg

Month 4: 60 mg

Month 5: 60 mg

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy

#7 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Im on month 2 and im completely clear!!! the inital break out was hell though! My skin has a nice glow and my pores are alot smaller! Stick with it !! Posted Image

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

#8 Lakestone Park

Lakestone Park

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Im actually on Taz to and Want to see how you are still doing...Surprisingly for me it worked right from the start, I only had one zit during the first 3-4 weeks and then weeks 5-6 started to see some acne come back on around places you cant put taz...such as Eyelids, corner of mouth and corner of the nose....But now I've been using .1% and i dont see any progess and i've been on this since January 4...now its March20 so i should have been good by now...maybe i should switch back to .5 anyways i just want to see your progress photos.