Photo

Nutrition And Healing Red Mark

vitamin vitamins vitamin a vitamin e zinc red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hi everyone :)

I'm dealing with continued acne (although I only have one active at the moment) but my real problem is postinflammatory hyperpigmentation and very uneven skin tone.

I've just re-startd using Triacneal by avene but I'm quite keen on trying to help the PIH nutritionally.

Are there any vitamins or foods that assist with the body's ability to heal scars? (I don't know whether this is a ridiculous question or not so I'm just putting it out there!)

I'm already taking EPO (3g) spirulina (3g) and zinc.

I've been thinking about vitamin a or vitamin e (supplement) but would appreciate any input if there are foods/other supplements that promote healing.

I'm hoping to try and increase my protein intake as I think this might help too...

Thanks.

#2 blackblake

blackblake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

I am kinda wondering about that too. I have been using freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey. And i think i notice an improvment. But would like other inputs.

#3 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

I keep hearing Vitamin C is great to promote Collagen. But I too am wondering this for a while.

#4 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Raw food!

A lot of people on my raw food forum have talked about their scars vanishing through this diet.

I don't know if we are allowed to post other forums here, but if you search "raw food forum" you will find a few where you could get more info.

My old scars have definitely healed up a lot since doing this diet. ANd I'm not even 100% raw.

#5 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Wow, that's interesting about a raw food diet helping that much.

I need to look into that (I've already started looking at some forums) and have seen MSM mentioned.....

Anyone has any success with this as a supplement?

#6 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I heard prenatal vitamins are great. I take flax seed oil, multivitamins, and vitamins. The biggest difference I noticed was with the flax seed oil.

#7 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Ooh yes flax seed (another RAW food btw) is amazing for skin. Ground sprouted flax and fresh raw carrots seem to have the most noticeable effect on my skin. A few days of drinking raw carrot juice and I really get a glow.

#8 Tunnelvisionary

Tunnelvisionary

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Ooh yes flax seed (another RAW food btw) is amazing for skin. Ground sprouted flax and fresh raw carrots seem to have the most noticeable effect on my skin. A few days of drinking raw carrot juice and I really get a glow.

Hey deja, what kind of juicer do you use? I was thinking of starting to use one, but I don't know what kind to get and for how much.

#9 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

I have a hamilton beach, I forget the model but I think it's called "big mouth" or something like that. It's the one that you can put whole apples and what not in (although I never do, who wants juiced apple seeds?)

#10 Tunnelvisionary

Tunnelvisionary

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

I have a hamilton beach, I forget the model but I think it's called "big mouth" or something like that. It's the one that you can put whole apples and what not in (although I never do, who wants juiced apple seeds?)

How well does it work for you? Does it do leafy greens? Thanks!

#11 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yeah it does whatever you want. I usually run the pulp through 2-3 times to make sure it gets all the juice out. It's not the best quality juicer but I simply can't afford one of those 400+ dollar ones that everyone claims are the best.