1 reply to this topic

#1 alexisc

alexisc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Just wanted to share with everyone something that has been working wonders for me the past week. We all know that consuming sea salt over table salt is much healthier and a way to get essential minerals. Epsom salt is really great for drawing toxins out of the body when put in baths and can be used internally in small amounts as a laxative and for magnesium.

I had a really terrible breakout from trying some decaf coffee last week and was desperate to clear it up somewhat. After taking a bath in Epsom salt and sea salt I washed my face in the water and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning my breakout was significantly reduced! I've always used sea salt and hot water held on a pimple to make it come to a head faster, but this was different. It faded red marks, made my skin soft and all of the pimples looked much smaller. For the past week I have been using sea salt and Epsom salt mixed together with water as a toner by leaving it on for 15 mins and then washing it off. Then I spot treat with the same mixture, apply a heavy duty moisturizer (because salts dry out the skin - I've been using hazelnut oil) and go to bed. This has cleared my breakout so much faster and my skin is looking much, much clearer! Bathing in this mixture would also be great for body acne and it is incredibly relaxing and soothing. I use coconut oil for a body moisturizer afterward. Salts are really a miracle, just don't use table salt, whatever you do! Let me know if this works for anyone else. :)

#2 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, epsom salt is rad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users