green tea tca

5 replies to this topic

#1 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Starting night 1 of Tazorac GEL .05%. I used to have bad acne when I was about 19, and I was able to clear it up 100% with Aczone gel in the AM, Taz cream In the PM, with Keflex pills and a green tea face wash with EMU OIL for the dryness and redness. Im now 22 years old (male). My skin was completely clear from 20 1/2 to 22. I go to Vegas Feb 6. come back and my skin was a mess. Broke out horribly. I tried emu oil, oatmeal masks, honey, yogurt...everything natural. My skin has gotten worse. I was prescribed Keflex 2 1/2 weeks ago and it hasnt done anything, so my derm put me on Tazorac .05% gel. Ill use emu oil for the redness and dryness. This whole situation is so fucked. Im so depressed because of it. The worst part of this is, im leaving for navy bootcamp in 12 days. Im told my family that I wont be able to leave if my skin is like this. If that means I get dishonorably discharged, then so be it. Ill figure out something else with my life. But I cant go to bootcamp with my skin shitty, and have it get even worse. Ive been so depressed these past 3 1/2 weeks. So tonight im starting the Taz .05 gel and emu oil. Im hoping for the best. If anyone has any comments, good or bad please dont hesitate to do so. I need support and good thoughts here. My family is saying that I cant let my skin control my life, but Its almost impossible not to. I have other things I would want to do for a career if I do in fact not go into the navy in 12 days. Ive lost ALL self confidence, self motivation, and am completely hopeless with my skin broken out the way it is.

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Anyone have any comments? I would really appreciate it.

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Murph, we've all been there. And it's easier to tell someone not to let their acne bother them but its hard to actually DO it! Go to boot camp - take this opportunity to follow your dreams and let your acne take care of itself. As you probably know, topicals will not work overnight so it may be easier to not focus on your skin at all and just live life.

What has been helping me a lot has been to only look in mirrors when i apply topicals and moisturizers. I do it quickly and keep my day moving. I feel less stressed, more happy and just better overall. My face is doing its thing (purging right now) but i can worry and have it purge or i can NOT WORRY and have it purge.

Good Luck with treatment and enjoy this adventure. The Org is a great place to visit to let out your frustrations though so don't be a stranger.

#4 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

I have no active "acne", just a few red marks left over. Im hoping between the Tazorac and emu oil with vitamin E clears it up a lot before I leave. If not, then I go through 2 months of boot to achieve my life goal, get to school and go back on the topical and emu for 7 weeks. Red marks and MUCH MUCH better than active acne, am I right?!

#5 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

lol....that's the attitude. I'm not sure how it works in the military, but if possible, you should probably keep using your topical - consistency is key.

#6 journeytolife

journeytolife

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

hello, i was in tazorac few month ago. and it did work tazorac its a good cream the pharmacist told me not to put too much of the cream, but i did put a whole lott it did clear up now now its withthis redness am on accutane now 3 1/2 month.. when a person have acne and do not cure with anything includin antibiotics that means that accutane its de solution for it.. it has bad side effects but sometimes you got to take the bad with the good.. i also when i finesh my accu i want to tell my doc to change the cream of differin instead of tazorac i think tazorac its stronger formy skin thatn differin its mor lighter.. god bless to everyone..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users