Photo

Can Someone Pleease Help Me What Am I Doing Wrong

food diet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 niamhf61

niamhf61

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

My acne cleared up so much but im still have small out Ive mostly post acne marks but my chin and forehead would still get small sore pimples ..
For school i started eating granola bars everyday an apple or banana pita or brown bread sandwiches and drink only water .. I cant really have a separate dinner I eat whatever my family eats but its never really greasy fatty food once or twice it could be chips or oven pizza or microwaved food .Over not eating alot in school i do get hungry very peckish eat anything i stay away from bars biscuits sweets ice-cream ..

I don't think any of that would make my skin disgusting .. Ughh i hate being paranoid :/

I just had a jam doughnut it was soo nice but name Im regretting it
And my parents wont go far out with buying different foods but i do try stay away from what causes acne

#2 harlowefey

harlowefey

Good thoughts. Happy thought. Loveee!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm not a scientist. But from my own experiences, I have concluded that what I eat does affect my skin. I became a vegan three years ago and ever since then, whenever I eat a tiny bit of dairy or candy (which is very rare, since it's usually just a temptation or a treat), I will get at least one zit. I get cysts usually, and have been suffering from there for like 4 years.. - mildly..

- I rarely get tiny small pimples. I used to when I was younger. I think small little pimples like that usually occur from what you costume and HORMONES, as apposed to cysts can be genetic (like me). I think you should do what you are doing.. avoiding all those foods and stuff. Eat lots of vegetables and fruit. They have lots of water and nutrients in them, and help alkalize your body, making your body a healthy environment. Maybe you should try to avoid red meat (beef, pork, etc.) because of the hormones and steroids and antibiotics that is usually put in it. Eat chicken and turkey thats organic and grain-fed. (I'm not trying to make you a vegan, sorry if it seems so. Posted Image)

- I swear by Apple Cider Vinegar (raw-unfilitered-organic-with the "mother"). Ever since I started drinking two tablespoons morning and night, I don't get a break out when I eat anything bad. I also put it on my skin (not diluted) in the morning and leave it on for like an hour before I wash my face and leave the house, same thing at night before I go to bed. If I see a small zit forming, I use a cotton ball and Apple Cider Vinegar and give it a very light scrub. It stings, but I can handle that. And the smell and taste doesn't bother me either, but most people don't like. I will DO ANYTHING to get rid of zits. So a little smell and taste is no biggie for me. Seriously, ACV changed my life. I even use it when I get a zit on my back. It's miracle stuff.

- I also use an Apple Cider Vinegar and Aspirin face mask.. (just dissolved two white Aspirin in 2 teaspoons ACV and gently exfoliate face and leave it on up to 30-45min) Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory. So if your pimple is getting all tender and pussy, I find that Aspirin and ACV work SO GOOD TOGETHER.. Do the mask once a week. If I feel a big one coming, I take two tablets of Aspirin with a big glass a water and the swelling goes down.

- Drink LOTS of water with lemon, so if you eat anything bad, the lemon and water will clean out your body and the bacteria. BTW, doughnuts are deep fried, which you probably already know, but I DIDNT until like a few months ago, so they probably aren't the greatest choice. But don't feel too bad about it. Indulging is good for you! Not indulging can cause stress, which causes more acne.

Acne can't be cured in like.. a week. I've been battling ACNE since 13 years old.. and now I'm 20. I just found out about ACV, and I wish I had known sooner. Acne, just like weigh loss, is a lifestyle change. Just pray that it goes away once you hit your 20's. Everyone's regime is different.. I hope you can gather a little information from what I do, and maybe it will help you.

Best of luck! Posted Image

Edited by harlowefey, 28 February 2012 - 02:37 PM.

CURRENT REGIMEN

Morning:
1) Acne.org Regimen
2) Spot treat with AHA+.
3) Double moisturize: Jojoba oil and Acne.org Regimen Moisturizer.

Night:
1) Acne.org Regimen
2) Spot treat with AHA+. Use AHA+ on full face every Tuesday and Thursday night.
3) Double moisturize.

#3 RedPatrick

RedPatrick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

check sig.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Well, for one, the granola bars are sweets. Do you not have other choices at school? You can't bring soups, salads or leftovers from dinner?

Greasy fatty food is not necessarily an issue If it's healthy fat, it's a good thing for most people. Avoid trans fats involved in fried food, margarine, crisco, etc. Avoid grain oils.

What are issues are things like a lack of nutrients such as from not eating lots of veggies. High glycemic meals such as a granola bar and an apple. And foods to which you have an intolerance/can't digest.

Edited by alternativista, 29 February 2012 - 04:32 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#5 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Remove gluten.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#6 harlowefey

harlowefey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Remove gluten.

does removing gluten really help??????? i want to try it. please give me some insight! Posted Image thank you!
CURRENT REGIMEN

Morning:
1) Acne.org Regimen
2) Spot treat with AHA+.

Night:
1) Acne.org Regimen
2) Spot treat with AHA+. Use AHA+ on full face every Tuesday and Thursday night.
3) Double moisturize.

#7 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

Remove gluten.

does removing gluten really help??????? i want to try it. please give me some insight! Posted Image thank you!

Here's some insight:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gluten

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#8 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Remove gluten.

Not always. I think the cause isn't gluten per say in its self just the food that we eat and how unhealthy it is.

I mean take me, never ate any fruit as a kid because i hated it, i hated apples worth a passion. I ate the most gluten food around and still do. I have no reaction to it at all. But, i notice that now since i eat more fruit i have a reaction to the sugar in fruit (fructose). Taurine i supposed to help, but i cant take it because of the side effects it gives me. So instead i just eat less fruit. For you i would reduce gluten before completely eliminating to see if it helps.
But back to gluten, some people claim that it aggravates acne and im not sure why as I've not read up on it because I know its not something that affects me. You would also know if you had an intolerance for gluten by severe abdominal pain and sometime marks under your arms. But again why it helps? Well i'm sure you can find that here somewhere, but i wouldn't say its going to help a lot. Sorry to be a skeptic but hell I've been defying most of the things people say causes acne which is good and bad. Just means the problem is more diverse and individual.

I would concentrate on things that help the liver and digestive system instead. Just an idea. HTH

Edited by k3tchup, 08 March 2012 - 02:03 AM.

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#9 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Chin and forehead acne--that sounds like what I used to have. Mine was mild but persistent--usually one or two blemishes on my chin at any given time and several, very small bumps on my forehead all the time. Acne on your chin can be hormonal. My acne totally cleared up after doing green smoothies. Greens are great for balancing hormones, but they are also full of beta carotene, which safely converts into the amount of Vitamin A your body needs. They are also full of fiber, which is needed for good digestion, and of course, greens are rich in nutrients. It doesn't matter when you do them, just so long as you try to get some blended greens in your diet each day. There's a link in my signature with more information.

"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;

if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

~Philippians 4:8~

Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here

* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.

* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.

* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.

* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.

* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!

#10 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

k3tchup, not everyone reacts to gluten in the same way. You do not have to have abdominal pain (severe or otherwise) to be sensitive or to be damaged from it.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#11 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I suggest anyone that thinks gluten is the problem read this:

http://gluten-intole...e-symptoms.com/

symptoms
  • Abdominal Distention
  • Abdominal Pain and Cramping
  • Alternating Bouts of Diarrhea and Constipation
  • Anemia
  • Arthritis
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Bloating (see Gluten Intolerance Bloating)
  • Bone Density Loss
  • Borborygmi (stomach rumbling)
  • Constipation (see Celiac Disease Constipation)
  • Stunted Growth and Failure to Thrive
  • Depression, Anxiety and Irritability (see Celiac Depression)
  • Dermatitis Herpetiformis (skin rash — see my Dermatitis Herpetiformis article)
  • Diabetes
  • Diarrhea
  • Fatigue
  • Low Ferritin Symptoms
  • Malodorous Flatulence
  • Malodorous Stools
  • Gluten Ataxia (see my Gluten Ataxia article)
  • Grayish Stools
  • Hair Loss (Alopecia)
  • Headaches and Migraines
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Infertility (see Gluten Intolerance and Pregnancy)
  • Joint pain
  • Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
  • Lactose intolerance
  • Mouth sores or mouth ulcers
  • Nausea
  • Numbness or tingling in the patient’s hands and feet
  • Osteoporosis
  • Peripheral Neuropathy (including either a tingling or sensation of swelling your toes and fingers)
  • Sjogren’s Disease
  • Steatorrhea (high lipids in the stool, which may cause the stool to float)
  • Teeth and Gum Problems
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Vitamin and Mineral deficiencies
  • Vomiting
  • Unexplained Weight loss
  • Urticaria
Quite extensive and also inconclusive. Abdominal discomfort i think is the most common sign thats why i said it.

Its also not a diagnosis i would give out lightly. Sure changing your diet might help but doesnt mean you have a gluten intolerance. Its quite a life change to avoid gluten so i would be dang sure this is the cause.

Edited by k3tchup, 08 March 2012 - 12:32 PM.

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#12 harlowefey

harlowefey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Remove gluten.

Not always. I think the cause isn't gluten per say in its self just the food that we eat and how unhealthy it is.

I mean take me, never ate any fruit as a kid because i hated it, i hated apples worth a passion. I ate the most gluten food around and still do. I have no reaction to it at all. But, i notice that now since i eat more fruit i have a reaction to the sugar in fruit (fructose). Taurine i supposed to help, but i cant take it because of the side effects it gives me. So instead i just eat less fruit. For you i would reduce gluten before completely eliminating to see if it helps.
But back to gluten, some people claim that it aggravates acne and im not sure why as I've not read up on it because I know its not something that affects me. You would also know if you had an intolerance for gluten by severe abdominal pain and sometime marks under your arms. But again why it helps? Well i'm sure you can find that here somewhere, but i wouldn't say its going to help a lot. Sorry to be a skeptic but hell I've been defying most of the things people say causes acne which is good and bad. Just means the problem is more diverse and individual.

I would concentrate on things that help the liver and digestive system instead. Just an idea. HTH

I agree with you that food does play an important role in how our skin acts. But I am a vegan, so I don't eat any dairy or meat products. I am also mostly raw, although most of the time I cook my beans.

I have never heard of fructose from fruit affecting acne at all. Fructose, when it is processed and removed from the fruit and used in other things, can cause acne. But when you eat the fruit whole with the NATURAL fructose in it, it's not supposed to affect your face. But if that is what you have concluded about it, then I guess that's your individual thing. The only reason I could see why fruit would cause a reaction is because when you eat fruit with other things, it can cause gas while it is digesting in your body.. and maybe it's from that? It's best to eat fruit alone to get the full benefits of the fruit. In fact, most fruit is proven to reduce acne. Especially with all the vitamins in fruit. There could also other factors, like how the fruit is grown. The fruit could be sprayed with pesticides or maybe isn't being washed properly. I think organic is the way to go for everything to get your body as pure as possible. BUT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! I really hope fruit isn't the cause though. :( Cause fruit is mother natures gift to us, along with vegetables and grain.

To go back to me and being a vegan, my mom and dad both grew up with cystic acne. Even though my mom was raised a vegetarian and my dad ate his normal diet.. I know that acne runs in genes. I think I'm fighting an uphill battle. But I haven't tried everything yet. My acne isn't that bad at all anymore for the last two years or so. I get one here and there, but i want to prevent it completely because it is slowly diminishing my confidence and self esteem. Since reading the gluten-intolerance thing yesterday, I'm already doing no gluten. Hahahaa.. I never really ate much of it anyway, besides steel cut oatmeal.. And it seems around the times I eat oatmeal, my skin gets a little worse. Also, I will occasionally eat a bit of wheat, but I try to avoid it because I already have an intolerance for it. Maybe that's what's causing my FACE TO FREAK OUT... I think I'll start a log to see how it goes. So DAY 1 - no gluten. :) Sorry, I'm rambling. hahahaha

I also want to add that... I just recently turned 20 and I really thought this birthday would mean the end of my teenage acne crap.. But apparently not. I really hope that my face will outgrown this thing I've been suffering from since I was 11. I'm so tired of it.. :(
CURRENT REGIMEN

Morning:
1) Acne.org Regimen
2) Spot treat with AHA+.

Night:
1) Acne.org Regimen
3) Double moisturize.

#13 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Its also not a diagnosis i would give out lightly. Sure changing your diet might help but doesnt mean you have a gluten intolerance. Its quite a life change to avoid gluten so i would be dang sure this is the cause.

It is quite a life change to avoid all traces of gluten all the time, yes. But everyone should try it for at least a month. And to be really sure, they should try avoiding all seeds for that period, especially if they have digestion issues, lots of allergies and/or unexplained issues like fatigue or the other things on that list. And while they are at it, consume foods that heal the digestive tract.

And it you don't suffer from a lot of issues and avoiding gluten didn't make a difference, then you should limit the amount of gluten you consume, especially if you do not consume many of the nutrients that prevent or heal the damage from it. Because it isn't good for anyone. It binds to NAG, the very substance our mucosal linings are made of. The linings that protect the stomach from our digestive acids.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#14 BitterSweet098

BitterSweet098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

xx

Edited by BitterSweet098, 05 February 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#15 harlowefey

harlowefey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

My acne is VERY diet related. I "can" have a problem with fruit. Fortunately, I have been doing EXCELLENT on clearing my acne, I still am in my "testing" foods/amounts phase. The fruit (fructose) is still a sugar, which has to do with the whole insulin resistance, glycemic effect ect. If I eat too much fruit, I get really tiny whiteheads. I've named them my fruit pimples lol. I never really used to get that type of acne because I didn't eat a lot of fruit before, I presume...idk really. I really have to eat fruit in TINY amounts(if eaten alone) and I wont get them. Like only 3 strawberries at once ect. However, every morning for breakfast I have a green smoothie and I believe the leafy greens helps lower the glycemic effect and it doesn't cause me pimples. Because in this smoothie I have more fruit then I could eat alone..a banana, 5 strawberries, and a handful of blueberries. So I think that is why some of us can get acne from fruit. Guess it goes back to everything in moderation. Though I never really read the fructose malabsorption thread so there may be something else in there. Just a thought for anyone getting acne and eating lots of fruit at once.
Also, Bobs Red Mill makes a good gluten/dairy/wheat free oatmeal. Their website states that their products are non-GMO, but cannot label this on their products for possible cross-contamination. Not sure what to think of that....
Also, nobody in my family has or had acne, so it cant always be genetic right? My grandfather had type 2 diabetes?(actually not sure which one..the 1 where he ended up doing dialysis..among other things) and I wonder if my acne just means I was on a fast track to diabetes?? Like a warning label?? When I first started visiting this website and heard the words "insulin" resistant, the first thought to my head was diabetes and my gpa. I havn't looked much further into this as of yet.

Ohhhh, sorry. I didn't mean to say that all acne is genetic, just some.. like me. Lol! The diet and acne relation is a factor for me too.. because when I eat a bite of ice-cream or something (boyfriend is bad influence) or like a little bag of candy (boyfriend, again!), or drink.. I will break out and get at least one.

I think I'm definitely going to check out the fruit-acne relation because I eat a lot of fruit... and maybe thats what causes it since I've been young. And I'm definitely going to check out the Bob's oatmeal because I'm addicted to steel cut oats.

I haven't been drinking for a while, and i think my body is detoxing because i went on a little bender for a while. Anyway, i broke out a bit. I don't know much about diabetes. But I think the biggest thing that would signal you about diabetes is weight gain and crashing and stuff. If you think you could get it, I would never tell anyone to quit meat or dairy. But I would tell anyone to quit anything that comes in a box, can, or packaged (processed). I don't know if acne is related to diabetes......... hmmmM!!!!!!

niamhf61:

i forgot to say... that sleep, for me, is a really big deal on how my acne plays out. if i sleep really well (i always try to get 8 hours, especially because i train really hard at the gym) and don't stress out a lot, my skin clears up a lot. sleep gives your skin time to repair itself and heal and regenerate all the skin cells. i also don't eat three hours before bed, so my food can be digested and then when i go to sleep, my body can just focus on rebuilding muscle and skin and whatever it does. (good body!) the body is a perfect machine. it just needs the right fuel and tune ups and grease. hahaha
CURRENT REGIMEN

Morning:
1) Acne.org Regimen
2) Spot treat with AHA+.

Night:
1) Acne.org Regimen
3) Double moisturize.

#16 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Main point is that everyone is different so those seeking help shouldnt jump to conclusion that X is the cause or a main contributing factor. Try it and see. For me i had to limit my fruit intake a little since changing my eating habits. Though that's mean because i dont just eat 1 apple per day.. lol oh no. Its 3 apples, 5 bananas, 6 peaches, and then whatever else i can find. Thats daily.

#17 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

...i dont just eat 1 apple per day.. lol oh no. Its 3 apples, 5 bananas, 6 peaches, and then whatever else i can find. Thats daily.

haha!!! Wow!! You must be super active! Posted Image

Edit: ....ah, just saw in your "about me" that you are indeed quite active! hehe:)

Edited by *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*, 08 March 2012 - 11:24 PM.

"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;

if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

~Philippians 4:8~

Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here

* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.

* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.

* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.

* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.

* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!

#18 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

...i dont just eat 1 apple per day.. lol oh no. Its 3 apples, 5 bananas, 6 peaches, and then whatever else i can find. Thats daily.

haha!!! Wow!! You must be super active! Posted Image

Edit: ....ah, just saw in your "about me" that you are indeed quite active! hehe:)

lol ya! I use to eat like this before i was active, but now i have a good excuse to continue lol :)

#19 AcneeHater

AcneeHater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

Remove gluten.

Are there gluten free pasta? i tried looking for some today but wasnt sure what i was looking for.
Suffer now and live the rest of ur life as a champion

#20 alexisc

alexisc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

There is tons of gluten free pasta out there. Look for rice pasta, that would probably be the easiest to find. It seems "gluten free" is becoming pretty mainstream now a days because more and more people are realizing they have a problem with it. I am one of those people and I think it is the key to my acne. I have been completely gluten free for about two weeks and my skin is clear! Anytime I have accidentally unknowingly eaten traces of it I will get a very small whitehead or two. I also have tons more energy, the bags under my eyes are going away and my stomach doesn't bother me anymore. My doctor tested me for celliac disease and it came back negative, but based on my findings he told me to continue to avoid it because the test comes back false negative often.

I would have never guessed gluten was a problem for me. I didn't have many of the normal gastrointestinal symptoms. I ate gluten all the time!! But like posters above said, cut it out for one month completely and see if you clear up. Look for it hidden in many foods though because it is in everything!

Love and accept yourself for exactly who you are right now. 

25, female, moderate acne since age 12. 

Accutane at least 6 times.
Intolerances: corn & wheat & alcohol.

100% clear, if I follow the diet.

"the absence of flaw within beauty, is itself a flaw."