Photo

Mixing Aha With Jojoba Oil, Sudden Reaction?

aha+ aha jojoba oil reaction alpha hydroxy acid

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hey guys,
I'm not usually the one to be asking questions, being on the regimen for 4-5 months now, but this morning I applied BP, then AHA mixed with a bit of jojoba oil, just to see what it would be like, (I have the day off, as most of you know, that means slaver as much onto your face as you want!) And my face for some reason stings a lot, it's gone a tanned colour, it's red, sore, it hurts basically, I'm accustomed to BP and AHA now, and this shouldn't happen.
This is the only time I have added jojoba to AHA, and the first time i've used jojoba oil in a while, has anyone else experienced this?
I'm going to have to put up with the pain until the end of the day, I still want the BP to do it's work as I only use it every once and a while.

#2 MariaBo

MariaBo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

I just started using AHA a couple of days ago and the first time I used it it stung a lot and made my face pretty red, but only for maybe 15 minutes and then it calmed down. I did also use jojoba oil since I always moisturize with it, but I have used them both together since then and sometimes it stings, sometimes it doesn't. It's weird but maybe you just used more AHA than you thought or your skin was just particularly dry (or both). I don't think it has anything to do with the combination of the two. A little extra moisture should make your face feel a lot better!

#3 jmcsm

jmcsm

Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me
  • Interests:Skin care, Nutrition, Makeup, Reading, Travelling

Achievements

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Possibly too much AHA. I get that when I use too much AHA although using my normal amount is completely fine with no reaction. Try it out again with less AHA or just use one step at a time don't mix them together. I have not personally used jojoba oil so I can't comment on that.

However if it really hurts, you definitely wash it off. You don't want your skin to be irritated too much.

#4 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Maybe the secret is in your comment "I want the BP to do its job as I only use it once in a while". Maybe you've used it so infrequently that your skin now has to get used to it all over again, that is, you will have to start with small amounts and build up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users