dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:im a musician!

beach, river, SUN, outgoing when i dont have acne q;

Achievements

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

well the title says it all i have a derm appt tomorrow and i really do not want to start taking antibiotics because of everything ive read about resistance and when you stop taking it it comes back.. also i do not want any topicals because almost all have a bad IB.. which is why i really dont even use moisturizer.. plus almost all antibiotics take FOREVER to work from my readings on the org...

so does any one have any advice for me they could spare.. im going to tell my soon to be new derm that i have researched alot of information on acne and i dont want her giving me crap that makes me breakout just to come back a month later..

plus my acne used to be alot worse 4 months ago its starting to settle down but im still getting new pimples every now and then. so i dont want to get prescribed something that is going to make me worse before better.. also i already have tons of redmarks im dealing with i dont need more..
can any one tell me off the bat whats a good combo they have been prescribed with NO initial breakout and began working fairly quickly..
the only thning i really want to consider from the derm is bactrim and benzac ac 2.5% (10%BP burned my skin very badly)

shed any light any one please.. thanks alot for the support..

#2 jmcsm

jmcsm

Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me
  • Interests:Skin care, Nutrition, Makeup, Reading, Travelling

Achievements

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Personally, it depends on the severity of your acne. Go in with an open mind, listen to what he/she has to say, share your concerns with him/her then you can make your own decisions.

I don't think there is any guarantee that you won't have an initial breakout from any products. Firstly, if you do breakout, it is possible that its not even because of what you are prescribed. There are too many things that affect acne. Everyone reacts differently. The strangest thing might work for one person but not for other people.

I don't believe anything works very quickly for acne. As for Benzac, if you do use that, you definitely need moisturizer. Similar like the Regimen here. I'm sure you can look at the effects of BP and how to start start off with it. Benzac doesn't need a prescription as far as I can tell. So if you really are considering that, might as well try out the Regimen.

Good luck with the appointment. Hopefully whatever they might prescribe for you will work.

#3 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Personally, it depends on the severity of your acne. Go in with an open mind, listen to what he/she has to say, share your concerns with him/her then you can make your own decisions.

I don't think there is any guarantee that you won't have an initial breakout from any products. Firstly, if you do breakout, it is possible that its not even because of what you are prescribed. There are too many things that affect acne. Everyone reacts differently. The strangest thing might work for one person but not for other people.

I don't believe anything works very quickly for acne. As for Benzac, if you do use that, you definitely need moisturizer. Similar like the Regimen here. I'm sure you can look at the effects of BP and how to start start off with it. Benzac doesn't need a prescription as far as I can tell. So if you really are considering that, might as well try out the Regimen.

Good luck with the appointment. Hopefully whatever they might prescribe for you will work.

hey thanks for the encouragement my appt went wll i suppose?
the doc did not spend much time wanting to talk to me about my face at all. he looked at me and prescribed doxy in about 30 seconds.. kinda made me upset.. but i still tried to ask a good bit of questions stating to him that i knew my good bit of knowledge on acne.. im praying that doxy does not break me out and that it begins to work fairly fast.. i really cant live like this anymore its so upsetting.. anyway he told me i can continue the use of hibiclens(my cleanser) and finacea 15% gel while taking doxy and i should be fine.. i also asked for saples of benzac and duac and they told me no because it would dry out my face too much in combination with finacea.. and when i asked the nurse or whatever she was looked at me like(are your stupid) i wanted to slap her.. ive read numerous of reviews on finacea that people used it in combination with another topical like duac in the am and finacea at night.. but whatever ill trust my new derm..man thats tough to say.. and hope that he wouldnt screw me.. my dad and brother both took antiotics my dads acne went away but my brother said all it did was make his acne worse.. and he quit taking them.. although his acne is clear now and it cleared i think within months of when he first got acne.. ive delt with acne uch longer than he had to it sucks.. and hes older so im hoping by the time im his age(4 years older) my skin will be completely clear like his is. anyway sorry i had to ramble i hope doxy works for me.. ive read fluctuating reviews on the org about it.. and i really dont think it will take 2 months to see results because he only prescribed me 1 months worth of pills and he said to come back in 2 months? maybe he wasnt thinking?

#4 jmcsm

jmcsm

Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me
  • Interests:Skin care, Nutrition, Makeup, Reading, Travelling

Achievements

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

About the prescription for 1 months and appointment in 2 months. Definitely call them to check again if he got it wrong. Try out the doxy and see how it goes. Hope it works well for you. Doesn't seem like your derm is very nice =/ Sorry about that.

#5 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

About the prescription for 1 months and appointment in 2 months. Definitely call them to check again if he got it wrong. Try out the doxy and see how it goes. Hope it works well for you. Doesn't seem like your derm is very nice =/ Sorry about that.

lol i got it fixed i read it wrong i guess i idnt see the refill circled at the bottom. and it was the first time i had every seen him he was an old man that didnt really seem to want to talk to me but i forced him to stay in the room and kept asking him questions but he gave me really short answers.. oh well i hope doxy works. i dont really have bad acne i just have occasional pop ups that last forever they takes weeks to go away idk why and mainly alot of red marks. so i just wanted something to make the last of the blemishes gone for good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users