Photo

Starting Ged Classes. Scared As Hell :c

5 replies to this topic

#1 HiImMatt

HiImMatt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Guitar, Piano, Writing songs, Covering songs, Singing, Horror games, Fps games, Fishing, Music, Life.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

So, i dropped outta school in the 8th grade (Not smart on my part but oh well), and now to make up for it, im getting my GED. I'll be attending the class from 4:00PM to 8:00PM. Im scared cause i haven't been in a class room for like 5 years and back then i had clear skin. This is really taking a toll on my nerves. Im not sure how many other people will be attending this class but, its keeping my mind wondering like crazy! I need some confidence boost guys. I would also like to know if, anyone here has attended a GED class and how many people was in it? Student orientation starts Wednesday! Feel like im going to get a needle X_x, and funny thing is i would welcome that more but, i really need my GED so i can go to collage and possibly become an EMT(Emergency medical technician) and save some lives.

Thanks for any reply's.
They judge by the way we look, but what they dont get is...The covers not quite like the book.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#2 Lange

Lange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Economics, finance, weight lifting, submission grappling, four wheelin'

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

I didn't do GED classes, but I went into the Marines after college and got out, and went back to school--it was pretty scary.

I just did a peel on Saturday night and my skin was peeling and my PIH areas were near-purple so I know how you feel, going int oareas where people see you in less than flattering conditions.

Just go in, don't think about whato ther people think. Yes, some people might stare at you or even be offended by it. Screw them. You're here to better yourself.

!!!***~~~Regimen~~~***!!!

**Morning**

Witch Hazel

Paula's Choice BHA at 5%

**Evening**

Paula's Choice Cleanser

Green Cream

#3 InAStateOfHopefulness

InAStateOfHopefulness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

So, i dropped outta school in the 8th grade (Not smart on my part but oh well), and now to make up for it, im getting my GED. I'll be attending the class from 4:00PM to 8:00PM. Im scared cause i haven't been in a class room for like 5 years and back then i had clear skin. This is really taking a toll on my nerves. Im not sure how many other people will be attending this class but, its keeping my mind wondering like crazy! I need some confidence boost guys. I would also like to know if, anyone here has attended a GED class and how many people was in it? Student orientation starts Wednesday! Feel like im going to get a needle X_x, and funny thing is i would welcome that more but, i really need my GED so i can go to collage and possibly become an EMT(Emergency medical technician) and save some lives.
Thanks for any reply's.

Have you not been out in 5 years? I'm sure other people have seen it before. Acne should be your least concern. You're trying to get your GED so that you can progress your life by attending college and starting a career. That should be all that's on your mind. Other people attending the GED class have their own demons that they're dealing with.

And finally I'm sure that if you were an EMT now with acne the last thing they would be thinking about is your acne. The person that was just pulled from a mangle metal mess with a limb missing and on the brink of death wouldn't be thinking about your acne.

Good luck :)
I used to go by InAStateOfDespair.
-Completed 6 months of Accutane.
-Now taking .05 Tazorac

#4 AceEpidermis

AceEpidermis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

On the upside, the GED, at least in my locale, is incredibly simplistic. It's almost entirely multiple choice. The parts that aren't require only one skill, the ability to read a paragraph and extrapolate meaning from said writings. IE "Susie went to the store and bought 8 cans of minced tomatoes. What did Susie buy a can of?". The questions are more complex than that, but it is the same basic principle.

#5 princessdaphne

princessdaphne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Really try to put your acne aside and just go everyday to learn and progress your life, forget about everyone else! They suck if they hate you because of your acne. Just keep telling yourself that you need to go take these classes in order to do what you want in life. Keep the mindset that you're just there solely to get your GED and that if you worry about your acne, you won't be as focused. Chances are, other people will have acne too, and personally (although this sounds sort of mean) I feel more comfortable if there's other people with acne because then I'm not in a room full of perfect-skinned people. Once you get there, you'll probably be fine. :)

#6 Mariah1237

Mariah1237

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:**Liven life to the fullest**

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

I start Ged classes 03/26/12 i was thinking the samething but i guess i gotta think more about why i'm there...plus i know ppl would talk about u if our skin was perfect thats just life...so just think about ur ged an how close ur coming to being a EMT...BEST OF LUCK :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users