Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My New Accutane Adventure! (Updated With Pictures)

30 posts in this topic

I hope that the red goes away soon! Also I hope the breakouts stop any day now! Let me know how you like the CeraVe once you are able to get it

I am actually looking into getting CeraVe like asap, because as much as I like the Cetaphil, i feel that it may be making my face red, dry, and swollen. It may be the accutane, but when I stop using the Cetaphil, my face usually has a more even complexion. I would stop using my nightly Cetaphil, but I'm afraid a change in my regiment could mess with my skin. I'm hoping that a local Walgreens or something has the CeraVe products.

Now, I just need to decide which CeraVe products to get. I am on a pretty tight budget because I am in college, but I definitely want to find something that makes my skin feel and look better. I am thinking of just going with the Foaming Cleanser and maybe a moisturizer.

I would say that would be a good choice. The CeraVe products are alittle pricey aren't they. Walgreens, cvs, Walmart all have them

I would say that would be a good choice. The CeraVe products are alittle pricey aren't they. Walgreens, cvs, Walmart all have them

Hey BeautifulDisasters,

I actually have a CeraVe related question. I bought the hydrating facial cleanser by CeraVe, thinking I could kinda kill two birds with one stone and hydrate while gently cleansing, but I am returning it for the foaming cleanser. I'd rather start as gentle as possible, and I think and hope the foaming cleanser in comparison to the hydrating version is better for my skin. I'll still have to eventually pick up a moisturizer, but I want to first start slow. What do you think? Do you recommend the foaming wash over the moisturizing one?

Hey BeautifulDisasters,

I actually have a CeraVe related question. I bought the hydrating facial cleanser by CeraVe, thinking I could kinda kill two birds with one stone and hydrate while gently cleansing, but I am returning it for the foaming cleanser. I'd rather start as gentle as possible, and I think and hope the foaming cleanser in comparison to the hydrating version is better for my skin. I'll still have to eventually pick up a moisturizer, but I want to first start slow. What do you think? Do you recommend the foaming wash over the moisturizing one?

Hey, happy to help :) I do recommend the foaming face wash. That is what I use. It is very gentle and is what my dermatologist said was the best to use. I did think about buying the hydrating cleanser as well thinking two birds one stone. I decided not to because my derm would have said that was the best if that was the best. I think you will love the foaming fash wash.

Hey BeautifulDisasters,

Hey, happy to help smile.png I do recommend the foaming face wash. That is what I use. It is very gentle and is what my dermatologist said was the best to use. I did think about buying the hydrating cleanser as well thinking two birds one stone. I decided not to because my derm would have said that was the best if that was the best. I think you will love the foaming fash wash.

Thanks again BeautifulDisasters,

Today I found a place that had the foaming wash so I'll get that tomorrow hopefully. I'm definitely looking foreword to trying it. As of right now I'm going with no face wash, and I sorta like it. The redness of my skin literally makes my face look 10x worse than I picture it to be. but whatevss. hah