Photo

My New Accutane Adventure! (Updated With Pictures)

hairloss accutane accutane log biotin aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hey everyone,

I am an 18 year old male, and I have recently been prescribed 60mgs of accutane (2 30mg pills of Clavaris morning and night). I am on my 5th day, which is early, but I think I am beginning to see results. My face is less inflamed, and much less red. I have been on just about every product before accutane, so it definitely seems like a last resort kind of option.

Considering I am a freshman in college, I really tend to blame acne on basically any shortcomings I have. It's not that I have people judging me, but I tend to judge others, assuming they're judging me.. if that makes any sense whatsoever. haha. But aside from the emotional drama, I am excited to start, and am ready to put this whole episode behind me.
  • Even though I am having good results so far, and low side effects, I am having one huge problem, hairloss. On the second day, I began to see strands of hair fall out, much more than usual. I have thick, longish hair, so my hair isn't exactly something I want to mess up. If I brush my hair, run my fingers through my hair, or even apply light pressure to any area of my my hair, strands upon strands will fall out. I have to be losing 60+ strands a day, and I've only just begun my treatment. Has anyone had this problem also? Is it permanent? Is there a way around it (biotin pills)? How long does it last?

From here on out, I will try to update this blog as much as possible, so if you have any insight, drop me some knowledge! haha

Any help or advice would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance! Posted Image

Edited by tboy098, 19 March 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#2 aghimes

aghimes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

wow, that's crazy, I've been reading all sorts about accutane for the last month and haven't seen anything about hairloss.
I start my course tonight, if it happens to me i'll let you know.
I Hope your hair's just going through a faze, though!
<3

#3 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hey everyone,

I am an 18 year old male, and I have recently been prescribed 60mgs of accutane (2 30mg pills of Clavaris morning and night). I am on my 5th day, which is early, but I am beginning to see results. My face is less inflamed, and much less red. I have been on just about every product before accutane, so it definitely seems like a last resort kind of option.

Even though I am having good results so far, and low side effects, I am having one huge problem, hairloss. On the second day, I began to see strands of hair fall out, much more than usual. I have thick, longish hair, so my hair isn't exactly something I want to mess up. If I brush my hair, run my fingers through my hair, or even apply light pressure to any area of my my hair, strands upon strands will fall out. I have to be losing 60+ strands a day, and I've only just begun my treatment.

Has anyone had this problem also? Is it permanent? Is there a way around it (biotin pills)? How long does it last?

I am excited to try my luck with accutane, and even though it's been so far, so good, this has put a major damper on my experience, and unfortunately, I may have to abandon my accutane adventure.

Help or advice would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance!

If you search various online sources you will find out that 60 strands per day is on the low side for average loss. It sounds like you have a severe case of confirmation bias, especially since you are only on day 5.

I have normal (not thick, not thin) hair, and I bet I lose WAY more than 60 strands per day. I probably can pull that much out just while blow drying my hair in the morning.

See:
http://www.pantene.com/en-CA/hair-science/pages/hair-strands.aspx says 80-100
http://www.science-facts.com/quick-facts/amazing-human-facts/ says 40-100
http://kingshead.com/faq.shtml says 40-100 is normal

#4 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hey everyone,

I am an 18 year old male, and I have recently been prescribed 60mgs of accutane (2 30mg pills of Clavaris morning and night). I am on my 5th day, which is early, but I am beginning to see results. My face is less inflamed, and much less red. I have been on just about every product before accutane, so it definitely seems like a last resort kind of option.

Even though I am having good results so far, and low side effects, I am having one huge problem, hairloss. On the second day, I began to see strands of hair fall out, much more than usual. I have thick, longish hair, so my hair isn't exactly something I want to mess up. If I brush my hair, run my fingers through my hair, or even apply light pressure to any area of my my hair, strands upon strands will fall out. I have to be losing 60+ strands a day, and I've only just begun my treatment.

Has anyone had this problem also? Is it permanent? Is there a way around it (biotin pills)? How long does it last?

I am excited to try my luck with accutane, and even though it's been so far, so good, this has put a major damper on my experience, and unfortunately, I may have to abandon my accutane adventure.

Thanks in advance!

If you search various online sources you will find out that 60 strands per day is on the low side for average loss. It sounds like you have a severe case of confirmation bias, especially since you are only on day 5.

I have normal (not thick, not thin) hair, and I bet I lose WAY more than 60 strands per day. I probably can pull that much out just while blow drying my hair in the morning.

See:
http://www.pantene.c...ir-strands.aspx says 80-100
http://www.science-f...ng-human-facts/ says 40-100

Woah, I never knew you lose that much hair a day normally, but what I've got going on isn't normal. Maybe my count is off, but I'm losing hair like crazy, and I'm not a fan. If I wash my hair, just gently scrubbing the shampoo will leave hair on my hands. If (and when) I brush my hair, i lose tons, and it's just pretty freaky. I've never had crazy hairloss before 4 days ago, which was when I started accutane.

One thing that accutane has done is make my scalp really dry. I'm using the shampoo I've always used, and maybe it's not cutting it moisture wise. But, is having a dry scalp and hairloss even related? I've also heard that people don't wash their hair every day on accutane, which would be super weird for me. haha

Edited by tboy098, 27 February 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#5 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance!

See:
http://www.pantene.c...ir-strands.aspx says 80-100
http://www.science-f...ng-human-facts/ says 40-100

Woah, I never knew you lose that much hair a day normally, but what I've got going on isn't normal. Maybe my count is off, but I'm losing hair like crazy, and I'm not a fan. If I wash my hair, just gently scrubbing the shampoo will leave hair on my hands. If (and when) I brush my hair, i lose tons, and it's just pretty freaky. I've never had crazy hairloss before 4 days ago, which was when I started accutane.

One thing that accutane has done is make my scalp really dry. I'm using the shampoo I've always used, and maybe it's not cutting it moisture wise. But, is having a dry scalp and hairloss even related? I've also heard that people don't wash their hair every day on accutane, which would be super weird for me. haha

I don't think having a dry scalp and hair loss are related. However, once you have been on Accutane for a couple of weeks, you can definitely go a LONG time without washing your hair. Last week I went 7 days without a shampoo and it STILL didn't look greasy. Pretty much I just wash it on Sunday before I start work and maybe 1 other time during the week, if I feel like it. Don't worry---I still shower & use soap!

I would give it another 2 days and see what you think. Some people do experience hair thinning, however it's not usually a drastic amount and is almost always temporary. Before giving up entirely, I'd wait until Wednesday---then let us know if you still think you've got a major hairloss problem.

Based on what I experience everyday, I know you can lose a TON of hair and not even notice. After blow drying my hair I literally have a handful, and I haven't even noticed my hair thinning.

Edited by sd85, 27 February 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#6 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

^^

Ok, that doesn't sound as bad. As of right now the non-greasyness hasn't kicked in yet. But what you're saying in regards to the amount of hair lost is actually really helpful. I am going to the dermatologist in the morning, and even though I can't imagine them having much to say about the matter, I'll have to wait and find out. I really don't want to quit not even a week into accutane. I definitely want to find a way to get past this little thing.

Alrighty,

Because this is in fact an accutane log, I want to give a quick update/rant to anyone out there willing to listen. haha

I am going on my 6th day, and my face is starting to freak out. Before this time, I didn't see any major problems other than this hair loss business. From what I've read, I would assume this is the "initial breakout," that I was hoping wouldn't happen. The weird thing about this is that it is particularly bad on only one side of my face. I'm not sure if that means anything, but who knows. haha. Another thing, is I am currently not using any face wash, creams or lotions, or anything really, except accutane and chapstick. I am not a huge fan of now washing my face, because I've been doing it so religiously every morning and night for so long. However, I do still rinse my face with warm water in the morning and night, which kinda helps with the oiliness. Tomorrow I want to try to pick up some Cetaphil, which is the face wash of choice for accutane people, from what I've read.

I am going to the demonologist in a few hours, to see if they have anything to say about the hair loss problem. From what they said over the phone, the had never heard of it, so I'm not holding my breath for any amazing insight.

All these little things that have been going on, not even a day into accutane, kinda freaks me out. It's really cool to have a community of people who have, or are going through the same thing. Being a freshman in college, psychologically, acne has gotten to me more than it has an effect on anyone else. I blame my shortcomings on it, almost like a scape goat. Hopefully accutane can finally do the trick. Gotta stay positive.

(these posts of mine sound so formal, haha. I feel like I'm writing a paper for school)

pics soon maybe? Posted Image

Edited by tboy098, 28 February 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#7 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

Day 6.

I woke up early and went to the derm this morning, to have this whole hair loss thing checked out, and they didn't have much to say. I also got some Cetaphil today, so I'm going to start to use that day and night, to cut down on some of the oil. As of right now, my scalp is super dry, my lips are kinda sketchy, and my face is breaking out. I hope this is part of the initial breakout, and not just from normal acne causing conditions. This current breakout has me kind of down..I hope I see some of the more positive results asap. hah. But yeah, about to hit one week, which is nothing compared to others, but hey.. gotta start somewhere.

#8 slowandsteady

slowandsteady

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Day 6.

I woke up early and went to the derm this morning, to have this whole hair loss thing checked out, and they didn't have much to say. I also got some Cetaphil today, so I'm going to start to use that day and night, to cut down on some of the oil. As of right now, my scalp is super dry, my lips are kinda sketchy, and my face is breaking out. I hope this is part of the initial breakout, and not just from normal acne causing conditions. This current breakout has me kind of down..I hope I see some of the more positive results asap. hah. But yeah, about to hit one week, which is nothing compared to others, but hey.. gotta start somewhere.

hey, gl on ur course
as for the hairloss i experienced tons of it during my course. especially in the first couple weeks, totally freaked me out and made me stop accutane for a couple days then start again at 10mg. (was at 30mg) i regret stopping but i was worried id go bald. Afterwards it subsided and got less and less as time went by, i found it particularly bad when I was stressed out though. I think that was a big cause of it. Even now (5.5months in) I was shedding quite a bit for 3 days and it just stopped. I think that my hairs just going through its cycle much quicker. I wouldn't worry too bad because you wont go bald. Already saw improvement in my hair since the first shedding and constantly feel new hairs emerging.

#9 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

Don't worry, it has been just a week and your skin WILL get better, I promise. I'm super glad you decided not to stop Accutane. As more time goes by I think you'll be fine.

Your oiliness will start to go away soon. I had VERY oily skin to start with, and by week three I'd say I was down to just plain oily skin....far better than before. I definitely got clearer skin during month two (and normal oil levels), but wasn't totally clear until month four. I'm now starting month 6, and let me say, ACCUTANE HAS BEEN AWESOME!

#10 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Day 7

My first official week is in the books. Am am happy to say that I am losing less hair, or at least not focusing on it as much. I am a little achey, especially when I first wake up, but ehh, could be worse. I have the normal side effects that most accutane users would expect to have, dry lips, dry scalp, dry eyes, slight aches, etc. It's really nothing, and now that my hair has chilled out, I am much happier. My biggest frustration has to be the current state of my face after the "initial breakout." I realize that this is super common, and will go away in time, but at the moment it is a real downer. I realize things have to get worse before they get better, so I'm trying to stay positive.

Don't worry, it has been just a week and your skin WILL get better, I promise. I'm super glad you decided not to stop Accutane. As more time goes by I think you'll be fine.

Your oiliness will start to go away soon. I had VERY oily skin to start with, and by week three I'd say I was down to just plain oily skin....far better than before. I definitely got clearer skin during month two (and normal oil levels), but wasn't totally clear until month four. I'm now starting month 6, and let me say, ACCUTANE HAS BEEN AWESOME!

Thanks for your continued input dude. It's awesome having people who have gone or are going through the same thing I am. It's hard to believe that it's only been a week, haha, so much has happened already. Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that the oil stops soon, as of right now I'm as oily as ever (as disturbing as that sounds haha). I'm definitely in this thing for the long haul, so hopefully I see some positive results soon!

Day 6.

hey, gl on ur course
as for the hairloss i experienced tons of it during my course. especially in the first couple weeks, totally freaked me out and made me stop accutane for a couple days then start again at 10mg. (was at 30mg) i regret stopping but i was worried id go bald. Afterwards it subsided and got less and less as time went by, i found it particularly bad when I was stressed out though. I think that was a big cause of it. Even now (5.5months in) I was shedding quite a bit for 3 days and it just stopped. I think that my hairs just going through its cycle much quicker. I wouldn't worry too bad because you wont go bald. Already saw improvement in my hair since the first shedding and constantly feel new hairs emerging.

Thanks! Yeah there was a time that I was losing so much hair, that I wasn't sure what to do. I definitely didn't want to sacrifice my hair for clear skin, because in my opinion, I wouldn't be able to rock the bald look, haha. Hmm, that makes sense, my doctor insisted there would be no permeant hair loss, so hopefully he's right. But thanks for your hair loss knowledge, definitely helps to know that others had the same problem, and i'm not the only one.

Edited by tboy098, 29 February 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#11 JPLSU1981

JPLSU1981

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Fortunately, I have a military cut anyway, so I haven't noticed or even had to worry about hair loss.

As for your IB, I'm with ya... I'm on Day 25, and I believe that throughout the first month I've actually had more breakouts on Accutane than I did pre-Accutane. I've read where the most progress comes in month 2 and beyond, so we shall see.

#12 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Day 8

As of day 8, I've got some stuff going on, but still no major complaints. My hair seems to be "shedding" less, which is definitely a good thing. haha. My face is still really broken out (assumedly from the IB). My face wasn't this bad before I stated accutane, but I've heard a million times that this is pretty normal. My lips are getting really dry, and my chap stick seems to need to work harder than before. I am still a little achey, and my back is stiff if I was to bend over for a few mins at a time (washing my face). But as of right now, all these things are really minor, and I can only wait. If and when this current breakout chills out I will be a much happier camper. Definitely not the best timing, considering spring break starts tomorrow. oh wellll

Fortunately, I have a military cut anyway, so I haven't noticed or even had to worry about hair loss.

As for your IB, I'm with ya... I'm on Day 25, and I believe that throughout the first month I've actually had more breakouts on Accutane than I did pre-Accutane. I've read where the most progress comes in month 2 and beyond, so we shall see.

I'm dealing with the same thing. In the beginning I really had no breakouts at all, but all of a sudden it just hit full force. I just hope that these breakouts are accutane related, and not naturally occurring. Considering I'm at college and eat on their plan, I don't have the option to stay on a super strict diet, and also with the stoppage of using BP face wash, maybe my skin freaked out, considering I've been using that crap for years.

#13 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Day 11ish

Just checking back in. Not much different to report. My skin is hopefully, slowly getting better, but is still pretty bad. I've continue to break out, and my skin is in worse shape than it has been in a while. As far as side effects I'm experiencing, there is really no change from before. I've got the dry lips, dry scalp, slight hair loss, lower back aches, dry eyes, and that's about it. I'm currently using Cetaphil morning and night, head and shoulders for my scalp, and various chap sticks. Still feeling a little down about this whole breakout, and will be much happier when it starts to go away. Posted Image

I do have one particular question, and that is in regards to "while heads." Do you guys on accutane always leave them alone, because for me, it is borderline impossible to go out in public with anything of the sort visible. Also, over this past little bit of time, been getting breakouts in unorthodox areas, like a big pimple on my neck. Has anyone else had such a thing during the "initial breakout?"

#14 JPLSU1981

JPLSU1981

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Yes, breaking out in odd/different spots is normal...i have experienced the same thing

Also, as to your question about whiteheads, I pretty much always pop zits when I get them... Once I know a zit is there, I'm like you...I'm compelled to do something about it. I'm trying to train myself to stay away from mirrors, or at the very least not to get too close to mirrors and do any "examining" of my face....It's usually when I start examining my face is when I find zits and then feel compelled to pop them. I am also doing my very best to not touch my face at all (to reduce the opportunities for touching my face and finding a zit). This, in combination with minimizing mirror time, will hopefully help me break free of the constant zit popping that I am compelled to do. Some of the time zit popping is ok, but for the most part I end up doing more harm than good when I start going at my face and leaving bigger red marks and huge scabs.

Edited by JPLSU1981, 04 March 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#15 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

Day 18ish

So it's been just about a week since I've last updated, and there is still no good news. My face is still worse than ever. I know results start showing usually after the first month or later, but it really sucks taking something that makes my face worse. While my face is dryer, my acne is crazier than ever. ugh..

As far as side effects go, the hair loss thing isn't bothering me anymore. One thing that I do have is lover back pain/stiffness. It's pretty bad actually. If I bend over, my spine feels super tight, and hurts when I re-straighten it. But whatever, not a huge deal.

I just really really really hope I can see at least a little improvement soon.. Posted Image

Yes, breaking out in odd/different spots is normal...i have experienced the same thing

Also, as to your question about whiteheads, I pretty much always pop zits when I get them... Once I know a zit is there, I'm like you...I'm compelled to do something about it. I'm trying to train myself to stay away from mirrors, or at the very least not to get too close to mirrors and do any "examining" of my face....It's usually when I start examining my face is when I find zits and then feel compelled to pop them. I am also doing my very best to not touch my face at all (to reduce the opportunities for touching my face and finding a zit). This, in combination with minimizing mirror time, will hopefully help me break free of the constant zit popping that I am compelled to do. Some of the time zit popping is ok, but for the most part I end up doing more harm than good when I start going at my face and leaving bigger red marks and huge scabs.

How long did you continue to break out after you started? It seems like my initial breakout isn't initial, just continuous. Yeah the way I feel is that, if I don't attempt to anything about a big zit then it will literally last forever. But I don't even know. Definitely a sketchy situation. haha. One day I tell myself that trying to pop them will hurt me in the long run, but I always end up doing it.. Makes perfect sense. hah

#16 JPLSU1981

JPLSU1981

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Admittedly, my initial breakout was fairly mild and I'm sure I worsened the "look" of it by picking at it and trying to pop a few that really weren't that big to begin with and shouldn't have been messed with ... I was expecting much worse for my IB. Nonetheless, it started in about Week2-3...lasted about a week or so...and then everything from that breakout started to heal. Since then, I haven't had but ONE new zit pop up and even that one was a tiny one.

Everyone's IB is different, though...alot of it IMO depends on how bad your face was to start as well as your dosage. I've read some people that didn't even get an IB, and I've read some people's blog whose IB lasted well into Months 3 and 4. Even if you fall into the latter, you've just got to plow ahead knowing that it's all for the best and that your body is purging all the crap out and in a few months you're going to be looking like a new person.

Good luck...just know that you're not alone and things will get better at some point and find satisfication in the fact that you are proactively doing something about this problem simply by being on accutane.

#17 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

Day 22ish

So far, things have been really tolerable, and I've gotten used to being on accutane. Even though every things pretty decent, I do have a few questions/concerns for whoever could lend some advice. haha

First off, I am not using any type of moisturizer, and my face is getting flakey and very scabby (if that's even a word haha). The reason I am hesitant to start up on a moisturizer is because I'm afraid it will be too oily, and may cause my skin to freak out a little. I am using Cetaphil in the morning and night, and I like it, but I feel that it may lend to extra dryness. Does anyone have a recommended solution for the dryness? Less Cetaphil, or maybe a gentle moisturizer?

As far as facial healing goes, things are kinda sketchy. My "scabs" (if that's the right word) from my initial break out don't seem to be healing quickly. They just seem to linger. Accutane definitely converts a new pimple/spot into a dryer whitehead, really quickly, but then because my skin is so dry it scabs up. I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say here, but I do know that my face isn't healing as quickly as it did before, which is annoying.

Side effect wise, I currently have..
  • Slight hair loss, much less than before (in my opinion at least)
  • Dry Scalp (but under control thanks to head and shoulders)
  • Really, constant dry lips. (I am using 2 different chapsticks, but I slack sometimes applying them)
  • Stiff sore back.
  • Really really dry face.
But yeah, this was a long, so thanks for reading I guess.. haha. and thanks for all the support. Posted Image

Admittedly, my initial breakout was fairly mild and I'm sure I worsened the "look" of it by picking at it and trying to pop a few that really weren't that big to begin with and shouldn't have been messed with ... I was expecting much worse for my IB. Nonetheless, it started in about Week2-3...lasted about a week or so...and then everything from that breakout started to heal. Since then, I haven't had but ONE new zit pop up and even that one was a tiny one.

Everyone's IB is different, though...alot of it IMO depends on how bad your face was to start as well as your dosage. I've read some people that didn't even get an IB, and I've read some people's blog whose IB lasted well into Months 3 and 4. Even if you fall into the latter, you've just got to plow ahead knowing that it's all for the best and that your body is purging all the crap out and in a few months you're going to be looking like a new person.

Good luck...just know that you're not alone and things will get better at some point and find satisfication in the fact that you are proactively doing something about this problem simply by being on accutane.

Thanks again for your insight dude. It really really helps. The thing that I've noticed is that I am having less breakouts, but my old "remnants" aren't healing quickly. So maybe I just need time. But as far as whitehead/popping/whatever, it still is hard to not mess with them..because I just can't stop thinking about one if I do have one. But right now, all I can do is wait I guess. haha.

Edited by tboy098, 14 March 2012 - 03:09 AM.

#18 sd85

sd85

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

But right now, all I can do is wait I guess. haha.

That pretty much sums it all up. Yes, you will probably get dry skin, have the 'scabiness,' and deal with the dry lips. All you really need to do is keep taking your pills and in 6 weeks you should have pretty clear skin. Another 6 weeks after that you will probably be as clear as crystal.

#19 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

Almost a month through and I've finally come to the decision to throw up some crappy quality webcam pictures. (I might take them off after a while though, just to feel safer or something, haha)

The pictures don't really do my skin complete justice, because in actuality, it is much redder, and worse. The lighting seemed to make a difference, and whenever it was brighter, my face seemed better, but in darker light, everything seemed terrible. So take these with a grain of salt. haha.

The biggest nuisance I'm dealing with now is dry skin. It is really noticeable in one of the pictures, that my skin is just extremely dry. To hopefully combat this, I'm going to stop using the twice a day Cetaphil I have been using, and just go all natural and let the accutane and my face to the work.

Another thing I wonder about is in regards to food. I am in college, and I have a meal plan, so I have to eat what the University offers. I also hit up microwave stuff when I can't make it to the food court place. But in general, has anyone had major diet changes that aided the accutane process? I've had one dermatologist once say that diet has no effect on acne, but if i said something like that in the health portion of the forums they'd freak. haha

The one in the blue shirt was taken on 2-29-12
The ones in the white were taken today, which is 3-19-12

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 2-29-12 at 9.52 PM.jpg
  • Photo on 3-18-12 at 10.24 PM.jpg
  • Photo on 3-18-12 at 10.30 PM.jpg

Edited by tboy098, 19 March 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#20 tboy098

tboy098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

DAY 30

Just about done with the first month. I had the blood test and derm appt, and everything checked out fine. One thing that kinda sucks is that my face is still bad. I know it's early, but my face is still slowly, but surely breaking out. My initial breakout isn't completely healed either and my face is super dry. I'm afraid to put major moisturizer on because it might make my face worse.

One weird thing that happened to me today is my eyes are messed up. They are both really swollen. I'm not sure if this is accutane related, or just a different sickness or something, but I definitely thought it was weird.

I am using Cetaphil at night, right after the shower, and rinsing my face with water in the morning, but I almost want to stop Cetaphil. My derm said it wasn't a good idea to stop washing my face with a cleaner, but I feel that it makes my face redder, and maybe even worse. I may be wrong, but that's just my gut feeling. but I guess I'll just keep on keeping on over here.