Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F.a.s.t Technique

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard of the F.A.S.T. (Focal Acne Scar Treatment) technique for treating acne scars?

I came across this article tonight while reading the news and I had not heard of this specific type of laser.

Anyone had this type of laser treatment?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/02/24/new-procedure-gets-rid-acne-scars-in-one-treatment/?intcmp=features

Man Matt I would love to believe in this but it just looks like spot treatment with the same ole fractional CO2 that everybody else uses.

I would kill to get rid of my scars in one laser treatment.

i would also be interested in getting this procedure if they can promise one treatment only. I wonder what kind of laser he is using or if he is using a co2 at a much higher setting. i am going to call the office and see what i can find out. i will post any information i get.

"About 45 minutes after applying a numbing cream to Fitzsimmons’ face, Schweiger used the fractional CO2 laser to target his deepest scars."

Yeah, same ole fractional CO2 laser treatment. I had full strength Mixto and it did not get rid of all my scars in one treatment....but it did help.

Pretty sure you could get the same result from a Fraxel Re:pair, that's what it seems like it is.

You gotta understand that the vast majority of lasers out there are an offshoot of the three Fraxel lasers, primarily because it's much easier to get an expedited FDA approval of your product if you can determine that it's similar enough to an existing product or procedure. As a result, all the non-ablative lasers are pretty much the same, with a few exceptions like Mixto, and all the ablative fractional lasers are pretty much the same, aside from the minor difference between Active FX and Deep FX.

I've heard and seen mixed reviews about the Schweiger Dermatology...not sure about F.A.S.T. (Focal Acne Scar Treatment) technique...but from the videos, and photos, it looks good...

I have shallow scars on my cheeks... and I went to Dr. Goldb**g in NY...and spent over thousand dollars on fractional laser treatments a few years ago...no improvement...The consultation fee was $350..if I remember correctly... and he promised me 30% to 70% of improvement...I was very disappointed and upset...

Anyone has any success stories with the Schweiger Dermatology..?