Photo
- - - - -

Lemon Juice + Apple Cider Vinegar + Rosewater?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Optimist108

Optimist108

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Sounds really weird, but its helping my bacne a lot. I mix ACV, freshly squeezed lemon juice and rosewater in a 2:2:1 ratio. I don't dilute the ACV (you can probably try diluting the ACV if you think this is a bit harsh). The rosewater may sound like an odd addition, but I add it because it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and also it has antiseptic properties. Soothes the skin. Also the rosewater takes away some of the horrid smell that ACV has Posted Image

Anyway so I swipe that all over my back with a cotton pad, and make sure to rub it into my skin thoroughly, then let it dry. This is before going to bed, and I rinse it off in the shower in the morning. I use a body wash from The Body Shop (Tea Tree Oil Body Wash), although I personally think the body wash is irrelevant. After my shower I swipe it on again, let it dry completely and then dress. It's working miracles for my skin, and also its helping to fade my scars! Every once in a while if I have the time I get the squeezed lemon and use that to lightly rub over my back in the shower and then rinse it off to substitute the body wash.

It seems to be yielding good results for me, hopefully it'll work for you too!

#2 Samsamsamsamsam

Samsamsamsamsam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

I love lemon juice and ACV (for my face), but I never knew if it was okay/safe to use together!

#3 Optimist108

Optimist108

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

The rosewater really helps counteract any extreme stinging that lemon juice + ACV may cause. ACV + lemon juice on its own is something I never dared to try x)

#4 PatrickParker

PatrickParker

OTC hater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Ha! Was just thinking about mixing 50/50 rose water with acv in a spray bottle and using if after showering. Does rosewater really help with the smelly odor of acv?

How I got clear...

Am: Gently wash face with warm water, ACV and green tea mixed evenly toner after.

Pm: Shave(exfoliate) with pacific shaving company natural shaving cream/ gently cleanse face with jojoba oil/ shower off with warm water/ ACV&green tea toner after shower.

Diet: Eat whatever the hell I want but low carb/high fiber/high protein conscious. Take mens 1 a day multivitamin, 1200mg fish oil soft gel, 400mg eluethero twice a day, 40 grams whey protein isolate twice a day, 2 cap fulls of ACV twice a day, plenty of espresso and green tea throughout the day.

#5 Optimist108

Optimist108

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Makes it considerably more bearable, in my opinion. I love the smell of rosewater. :)

#6 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Sounds really weird, but its helping my bacne a lot. I mix ACV, freshly squeezed lemon juice and rosewater in a 2:2:1 ratio. I don't dilute the ACV (you can probably try diluting the ACV if you think this is a bit harsh). The rosewater may sound like an odd addition, but I add it because it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and also it has antiseptic properties. Soothes the skin. Also the rosewater takes away some of the horrid smell that ACV has Posted Image

Anyway so I swipe that all over my back with a cotton pad, and make sure to rub it into my skin thoroughly, then let it dry. This is before going to bed, and I rinse it off in the shower in the morning. I use a body wash from The Body Shop (Tea Tree Oil Body Wash), although I personally think the body wash is irrelevant. After my shower I swipe it on again, let it dry completely and then dress. It's working miracles for my skin, and also its helping to fade my scars! Every once in a while if I have the time I get the squeezed lemon and use that to lightly rub over my back in the shower and then rinse it off to substitute the body wash.

• Interesting, does the lemon juice bleach your sheets or clothes at all? I know lemon has some bleaching properties ( or at least I thought it did). I would considering trying something like that if I didn't put my bed comforter at risk. Posted Image

My 3 co2 laser fraxel:repair journal w/ photos-

http://www.acne.org/...s/#entry3248488

Good read-

http://ajcn.nutritio...t/86/1/107.full

#7 ihaveIT

ihaveIT

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

just poured some fresh lemon juice along with avc in a spray body for my back. hopefully this will fade my existing scars.

Edited by ihaveIT, 03 March 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#8 Optimist108

Optimist108

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

If you let it dry properly it doesn't bleach. None of my clothes have been bleached

#9 PatrickParker

PatrickParker

OTC hater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Was thinking about switching it up and doing 50% Coconut water(zico %100 natural) with 50% AVC... Might not mix very well due to coconut water not being acidic, but still gonna try it out because I always heard using coconut water on ones face is good on acne scars and anti aging.

How I got clear...

Am: Gently wash face with warm water, ACV and green tea mixed evenly toner after.

Pm: Shave(exfoliate) with pacific shaving company natural shaving cream/ gently cleanse face with jojoba oil/ shower off with warm water/ ACV&green tea toner after shower.

Diet: Eat whatever the hell I want but low carb/high fiber/high protein conscious. Take mens 1 a day multivitamin, 1200mg fish oil soft gel, 400mg eluethero twice a day, 40 grams whey protein isolate twice a day, 2 cap fulls of ACV twice a day, plenty of espresso and green tea throughout the day.