vitamin vitamins vitamin d

4 replies to this topic

#1 Angeleto Derahano

Angeleto Derahano

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hey guys! So I have moderate acne, and have been doing some research. last summer I went to Croatia, where it was something like 30 degrees everyday. I spent about 2 weeks in the beach and my acne was completely gone. Then I came back to non sun existant england and my acne slowly returned :(. So I'm thinking I could be low on Vitamin D, which may be why I'm getting acne? Has Vitamin D worked for anyone? Would this supplement be okay to try?

http://www.amazon.co...30116838&sr=8-1

#2 drkp

drkp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

yep it's possible it could be very related to it...I would suggest running a blood test and checking your deficiency :)
there are a lot of threads dedicated to vitamin D3 here and it worked for a lot of people
I'm starting it today too with 1000iu and see if it helps
here's one of the threads:
http://www.acne.org/...-finally-clear/

#3 blackblake

blackblake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of acne.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Did you go in the ocean? Cause it could also be the ocean's salt water. I know i always clear up when i go to the ocean

#4 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

5000 iu might be too high, try 1000 iu. over time fat soluble vitamins build up in your tissues and take some time to be excreted, making them fairly toxic. one sign of vitamin d toxicity is kidney pain which may signal kidney calcification due to high blood levels of calcium, therefore the body mismanages calcium.
on sunny days, do not take any vitamin d supps.
#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#5 Jal V

Jal V

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Just get your D levels checked and go from there. You should be fine starting out with 5000 iu to help bring the store up faster, but make sure it's D-3 and oil based. I'd recommend getting your levels checked once every couple months after you start so you can find a maintenance dose. The other thing about sun exposure is that the UV exposure has been shown to kills the bacteria (P. acnes) on the skin, so acne clears up. However, as DRKP mentioned, many have found success from supplementing vitamin D. It's hard to find a doctor anymore that doesn't recommend supplementing vitamin D so go for it.
If acne basically starts from puberty onward, let's think about what happens from childhood to puberty.

--During puberty, insulin sensitivity is decreased, on average, 30 some percent.
--Insulin levels are then increased during puberty.
--After puberty, there is a recovery of insulin sensitivity. (unless diet has the system messed up)
--IGFBP-1(IGF binding protein) levels decrease as insulin levels increase.
--As IGFBP-1 decreases, IGF-1 increases.
--This allows for more free circulating IGF-1.
--SHBG(Sex hormone binding globulin) also decreases as insulin increases, and production of sex hormones is increased.
--SHBG regulates the ability of sex hormones to affect tissues.
--IGF-1 is controlled by your body, hence the reason your insulin sensitivity decreases during puberty to allow for extra growth, and then increases again after puberty, meaning any extra insulin above normal, or any IGF-1 raising foods will cause havoc.
--Reducing insulin spikes, strengthening insulin sensitivity, and avoiding IGF-1 raising foods will help control all of this.

Controlling insulin and IGF-1 is the absolute keyPosted Image

http://www.acne.org/...sulin-and-acne/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users