I'm Stuck In The Past

6 replies to this topic

#1 omarcomin

omarcomin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm stuck in the past and am really having trouble moving forward. A couple of years ago i had a period where my skin cleared up quiet a bit, it was nowhere near clear but it was the best it had been since havng acne. I still had people that made horrible comments and still had trouble over my skin but also for the first time in my life i had friends, went out, girls actually started liking me, a couple even fancying me. I was a lot more confident than i had ever been and actually had a social life.

In the last couple of years my skin suddenley got worse and instead of trying to do something about it i was grieving for a 'better time' in my life. In that time all my friends have moved on because of me being a recluse due to my skin and never going out. What's so ridiculous about the whole situation is that time was just as sh!tty as ony other. Looking back the girls who claimed to like me were just using me for money, drinks etc and when ever i did go out i was just as bad as i am with going out now and was constantly insulted by people and worried about my skin. It's like looking back rationally i know that that time wasn't all that great but for some reason i can't move on from it, instead of just trying to better myself now (skin wise or emotionally wise) i'm stuck in a period that had some good moments (clubbing, the odd girl who seemed to like me) but for the most part was like any other negative time in my life that i've had acne.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so how did you move on from this?

#2 ihatemynose

ihatemynose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

I really enjoyed reading this post, mainly because it seemed like it was me who wrote this... You sound just like me... Unfortunately we're both feeling like this and yeah...I'd like to move on as well.
Thanks for writing this out, it feels like I got some pain off my chest.

#3 BitterSweet098

BitterSweet098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

xx

Edited by BitterSweet098, 05 February 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#4 k3tchup

k3tchup

RN

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Code blue/rapid response, EKG's, teaching/learning,

movies, music, biking, walking, working with kids

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Edited by k3tchup, 25 February 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#5 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

Ah man, your a cool dude. Look, take my advice. Sometimes God puts us through things to make us stronger. In this circumstance God put you through some hard times to show you who your real friends are. Just think if the acne hadnt come, youd still be haning around trashy women and maybe even getting one of them pregnant. Just keep your head up brother. I am having the same problem too. But you know what, you will be a TRUE G if you buck up pull yourself up by your bootstraps and swag out better than you ever have before. You can do it man. Grap life by the reigns and ride that shit homey. I lost it all my friend. My dad moved away, my mom had a stroke, I lsot my home, lost alot of freinds, my job, my money,.....................But guess what. Fuck all that dude. Im riding out with the best of em. Im glad as hell my life hasnt been a cakewalk. Ide rather wrestle down a dragon than a damn bunny rabbit. Be a G my man. Start workin out, swimming, listening to good music on the ole ipod. N walk around like you are the shit. Because you ARE

#6 omarcomin

omarcomin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ah man, your a cool dude. Look, take my advice. Sometimes God puts us through things to make us stronger. In this circumstance God put you through some hard times to show you who your real friends are. Just think if the acne hadnt come, youd still be haning around trashy women and maybe even getting one of them pregnant. Just keep your head up brother. I am having the same problem too. But you know what, you will be a TRUE G if you buck up pull yourself up by your bootstraps and swag out better than you ever have before. You can do it man. Grap life by the reigns and ride that shit homey. I lost it all my friend. My dad moved away, my mom had a stroke, I lsot my home, lost alot of freinds, my job, my money,.....................But guess what. Fuck all that dude. Im riding out with the best of em. Im glad as hell my life hasnt been a cakewalk. Ide rather wrestle down a dragon than a damn bunny rabbit. Be a G my man. Start workin out, swimming, listening to good music on the ole ipod. N walk around like you are the shit. Because you ARE

Thanks for the advice. I like you're style lol, you could be a therapist or something, you'd be the most unconventional but most effective therapist around lol.

#7 Guillermo Cheque

Guillermo Cheque

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

Absolutely. I'm in the same spot right now.

A few years ago I had so many friends I couldn't even keep track. I was out of the house every single day of my life doing things with different people. I had acne, but it was nowhere near as bad as it is now. I just wish I had appreciated what I had then because now I have one friend to my name. I can't even take photos of myself anymore, and looking at photos of myself even from a year ago depresses me because my face has changed so much. I used to use a lot of bad products for my face in excess, and I think that's why my skin is really red and porous all the time.

I try to tell myself to just live for today, but every time I look in the mirror I hardly recognize myself and this flood of memories of how I used to be overcome me and I end up just shutting myself in my room and sleeping the rest of the day. The sad part is, I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Obviously I'm not getting any younger, and neither is my skin. I fear how I'm going to react to turning 30. I just hate it.

I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm trying to find some myself. The only thing that really helps me feel better is going for walks outside and watching movies by myself. I do 99% of things by myself these days, so I've just learned to enjoy it.

Good luck to you. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users