Photo

Hey You-What Does "clear Skin" Really Look Like After The Regimen?

6 replies to this topic

#1 heartsandthoughts

heartsandthoughts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Tiny pores, zero blackheads, no bumps, no redness?

I keep reading that people are "totally clear!" after using The Regimen for a while, but what does that even look like?
I've been using the Regiment for about three months and my skin is pretty well behaved but I wouldn't say it was all clear.
Do we ever get to that super "clear" look we're dreaming of or do we just live in not-bad land?

#2 younnn

younnn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Find out the cause before action is taken.. Your skin will thank you.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Blah, i personally think that this is all just a Temp. Fix... Stop using the product and you will break out, but that's just my opinion! Best to cleanse the insides.. If insides are detoxified and cleansed, no reason to have acne. Which is what i'm doing right now and geting excellent results. Can't wait after 2 months!

#3 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Tiny pores, zero blackheads, no bumps, no redness?

I keep reading that people are "totally clear!" after using The Regimen for a while, but what does that even look like?
I've been using the Regiment for about three months and my skin is pretty well behaved but I wouldn't say it was all clear.
Do we ever get to that super "clear" look we're dreaming of or do we just live in not-bad land?

Takes time, but you should be clear, as you described, eventually. My poors are no longer visible like they use to be, I get an occasional zit but that is to be expected until you grow out of acne, whenever that may be for you. Complexion is a different story. I feel that I am "totally clear" even with one or two zits a month. I never get blackheads, never get cysts anymore, nothing big and super red and inflamed ever, but I have red marks and scarring from old acne that has not faded yet. But while my complexion isn't completely flawless, I still feel that I am clear, and eventually the complexion will fix itself, but that takes lots of time and you have to keep on the regimen and prevent new acne in order to ever obtain this goal.

I have noticed red marks fading slowly, but they do take time. Overall, I would say you will be perfectly clear with an awesome complexion eventually, but it does take time. The regimen simply prevents acne symptoms, but it does not cure your body of acne, and it does not heal damage and marks from previous acne. Only your body can do that on its own unless you wanna try scar treatment stuff, and how long it takes is different for everyone.

Referring to what younnn said, he is correct in that the regimen is a temporary fix. It just stops acne from popping up. It will absolutely get you clear of acne, but until your body has grown out of acne on its own, if you stop you will break out. Hope this helps.

#4 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

For me, my skin is clear of spots, or should I say 'raised bumps', but my skin itself, it's still got blemishes, it's thinner and looks weaker because of the BP, my skin is discoloured because of the BP, I hate having my skin touched with didn't bother me before, and worst of all the regime affects my social life, I can't suddenly go out at night because I have a big lashing of BP and AHA! Sometimes I've had to wash it off again because I just can't miss out of everything.

For me, I wish I could find an alternative to the regime, and diet, diet is just too hard for me due to my actual day plan, and the regime, well, it would be a lot of reduced stress if I could just take a magic pill and maybe clean my face on a morning and night. Never the less, I still have rid of that disgusting acne, which I could of only done with dans regimen.

#5 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Not to hijack the page but just a note on internal cleansing... I've have tried this numerous times to perform internal cleansing with only mild success for my acne (20 years suffering and counting)... Yes, you can "detoxify" your body, but it is on-going process, just as the regime is... Meaning, you will constantly have to "detoxify" your body in order to sustain optimal results...Point being, as an acne suffer, you will always be a "slave" to a regimen of some type, as a lifestyle... Processes such as internal cleansing or DKR only address part of the issue and unfortunately these methods do not work for everyone... In the end, your skincare will always be complex and an on-going battle, so people should do what they feel most comfortable sustaining over a long period of time until they have outgrown acne... Just my personal opinion from experience...

Edited by nycqueen, 23 February 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#6 heartsandthoughts

heartsandthoughts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Okay, so firstly I just want to say:
Kyle- I know what you mean about your skin feeling, as you put it, weakened by the BP. I completely agree. Blemishes that I have picked at (even gently, I'm not a picker) that would once have left no mark, or would have faded quickly suddenly take forever to heal. I do attribute that to BP usage, for sure. I also hear what you're saying, that you feel like you have to keep up with The Regiment all the time. I've struggled with- I that basic concept before- there have been a lot of times where I just was in for the night because I didn't want to deal with my skin. Or I was limiting what I was doing in the day because I didn't want someone to see me w/out makeup (regiment), etc. Kinda ridiculous. I hope that we can both find a way to ease up on that. We always think our faces are worse than they are and it's crazy to miss experiences over something like the quality of our skin.

As far as detoxing the body thing goes, sorry, i just don't see that as a legitimate bases of where acne is coming from. I am very health conscious- have been a vegetarian for 19 years and a vegan for one. I eat really well and mostly plants, and yes I do eat sugar (of some form) but in reasonable quantities. A reasonable quantity for someone who eats as well as i do, is not much. I have met many, mmannyy people over time that have had beautiful, "clear" skin, who are clearly not physically healthy. You see people like that all the time- they have a hell of a lot more detoxing to do than I. I'm sure that what you intake can have some kind of effect on your skin, but I don't think it is anywhere near as impactful as what you put on your face and what your predisposition (family history) to acne is.
For instance, I'm pretty sure that most of my acne is the result from cosmetic use over time. Plus, I have a family disposition for it, so that is a big contributor.
All of my siblings, through their 20's have had outbreaks- nothing major, we're talking really minor, but still there. Even the boys, who wear no cosmetics.
And let’s not forget about all the women I know who slather on makeup I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot-stick, and never break out. If I did same...ugh.
So anyway, I'm not convinced by the detox argument. I am though, interested in how you’ all think you are effectivly detoxing your bodies.

The point of the thread was basically to see if the end result of The Regiment is kinda b.s. or not. What I mean is, I think Dan's marketing of The Reg makes us, at least me, believe that I will at one point have tiny pore, no redness, no bumps, perfect skin. And I'm curious if other people are achieving this or instead, if we're getting some positive results that come, as Kyle points out, at the sacrifice of the user of the Reg. And what's more, that though those results may be better than before, they're not perfect. I want to hear if people are getting perfect skin outta this thang. Trust me; I am very invested in it and the irradiation of my blackheads!!

Edited by heartsandthoughts, 25 February 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#7 FatBatKiller

FatBatKiller

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Piano, Guitar, music, Crossfit, BATTLEFIELD 3!!
    Not going to classes, Workaholics, etc.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image

this is what dkr clear looks look.

Edited by FatBatKiller, 27 February 2012 - 04:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users