#1 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hiya,

I'm suffering with lots of PIH at the moment and have been considering getting a chemical peel.

However, it has been suggested to me that I should perhaps try a homemade pineapple peel by extracting the juice from blended pineapple, applying to my face with a cottonball and then rinsing off after about 15 minutes.

Has anyone had any experience using this and does it work?

Or do you think that it could cause a break out?

finacea log
vegan.
avoiding gluten, tomatoes, caffeine, sodium, citrus fruits, apples and soya.

#2 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

I haven't heard of it being used as a peel, although I know that you can use it to tenderise meat so it might work. Could be irritating; if you are going to try it then maybe try one patch of skin first not all over.

I have just bought turmeric to try for my PIH. I think in one of Alternativista's threads she mentioned it has some keratolytic properties.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Yes, it's likely the protease enzymes could help skin cells shed properly.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Did you try it out? Did it help?

I found an idea on the net for a peel that uses lemon juice and gelatin. The gelatin was for firming rather than peeling.

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Did you try it out? Did it help?

I found an idea on the net for a peel that uses lemon juice and gelatin. The gelatin was for firming rather than peeling.

I doubt that works. They are probably claiming the collagen in the gelatin firms your skin, but collagen doesn't work topically. Your body makes it in place. Consuming the gelatin means you get nutrients needed to make collagen. Hopefully that does work, because I decided to jump on the gelatin bandwagon and boiled a pound of chicken feet to make it.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#6 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

I doubt that works. They are probably claiming the collagen in the gelatin firms your skin, but collagen doesn't work topically. Your body makes it in place. Consuming the gelatin means you get nutrients needed to make collagen. Hopefully that does work, because I decided to jump on the gelatin bandwagon and boiled a pound of chicken feet to make it.

Thanks for replying before I tried it. Jellied meats and eels used to be popular over here and they say it is good for the skin. I just can't bring myself to eat jellied eels, but I'd be fine with broths.

So, if I made some healthy fruit jellies would that help too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users