acne doxycycline antibiotic accutane

3 replies to this topic

#1 crackenskullex

crackenskullex

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

I'm three weeks into doxycycline + clindamycin phosphate topical, and I'm still breaking out with little/no improvement. Anyone with doxycycline experience, did it ever take this long for it to take function? I'm considering accutane as a next step if doxycycline doesn't work, since I have very scar prone skin with many pre-existing scars which I would like to treat ASAP.

#2 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

i think it took a least a month for it to kick in for me and i was taking 200mg a day. give it some more time and you should see some good results.

#3 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Personally, I did see results within three weeks but after that, I was broken out for at least half of the six month course I'm almost at the end of. The biggest improvement I've seen during that time has come not from the Doxy, but from changes to my diet. Credit where it's due though, the Doxy helped curb a really bad breakout I had just before starting and I guess it's improvement things generally throughout the whole course.

Every case is different and we all respond differently. In the grand scheme of things, three weeks is no time at all so I wouldn't give up on it or worry too much if you're not noticing any big changes yet.

:)

#4 pugrocker

pugrocker

VAN HALEN ROCKS!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, Drums and Drumming, and Animal Wellfare. Love Animals, They Just Rock And They Certainly Dont Care If Your Face Is Full Of Pimples!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

Just give it some more time. It worked great for me, but once I stopped, I broke out pretty bad! I was taking 200mg a day for 4 months and I was totally clear those 4 months. Im gonna try and get back on it next month when I see my Derm and hopefully for 6 months. Im seeing Van Halen in June and I want my skin looking good! Best of luck to ya!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users