#1 daisydukes

daisydukes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Will my chin ever be smooth, white, and clear again? :(

Even though my boyfriend uses a four-blade razor with a good shaving cream, and will shave immediately before I come over (although this has always been his routine, before he met me I mean, shaving/showering in the evenings), my chin is always rubbed raw after a make-out session. It could be because I have sensitive skin, it could be because my skin is more sensitive due to acne products (my chin is my ONLY problem area), it could be because his stubble is just particularly nasty even AFTER a close shave...but I'm left with 2-3 days of red irritation, followed by a day of peeling, followed by a couple more days of redness...it takes at least a week for my skin to look decent without a slathering of concealer and powder. I have more whiteheads now too, and at present I have a bad, deep pimple, no head, just red, it feels much worse than it looks so I'm assuming it's deep, plus that part of my chin is a bit swollen so I'll take something for the inflammation. This really isn't a cosmetic issue anymore, although the redness is annoying, I'm genuinely concerned for the health of my skin. I've tried everything to tame the redness and speed up healing (not all the products all at once, mind you!)...

- Aloe
- Aveeno 1% hydrocortisone
- Aquaphor
- Lots and lots of moisturizer
- Vaseline
- Antibiotic ointment
- Moisturizing face masks in that area (Queen Helene's olive oil)

Since I've tried so much I made the suggestion that he begin to use a moisturizer every evening after his shower - I use Pond's and even said I would buy it for him. He was very receptive, he feels bad, such a sweetheart - is it too much to hope that the moisturizer will soften his skin and the blunt edge of the hairs? A little redness from friction is one thing, but my skin peeling and beginning to break out is making this an actual issue for me. I'm not even going to explain what my chin looked like when he had a day's worth of stubble...

Apologies if this is the wrong board, mods please move it accordingly if need be :]

#2 unlovely2011

unlovely2011

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

i was just about to suggest you both be moisturizing... it may help to soften his hairs. depending on his nationality of course... if that doesn't help he may be better off just growing his beard out so the stubble won't be so sharp. and there is always waxing which can cause the hair to grow in more softly and slowly for some people. i've never know a man to wax his beard off or what kind of problems it could cause but it's worth looking into.

#3 daisydukes

daisydukes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

I forgot to add Jojoba oil and Calamine lotion (that being a recent try) to my list...Posted Image

i was just about to suggest you both be moisturizing... it may help to soften his hairs. depending on his nationality of course... if that doesn't help he may be better off just growing his beard out so the stubble won't be so sharp. and there is always waxing which can cause the hair to grow in more softly and slowly for some people. i've never know a man to wax his beard off or what kind of problems it could cause but it's worth looking into.

We tried out the moisturizer last night, he shaved and applied some - waited about 10 minutes for it to absorb. My chin looks fine (still a bit more healing to do from last week though) but I'm not going to make any judgments based on this experience alone. Still, it's very promising and an absolute relief if this is the solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users