Photo

How To Get The Confidence To Not Wear Make Up?

make up confidence natural foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 rhianj

rhianj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

I really want to stop wearing make up as I hate the feeling of it on my face, and i want to be more natural. Also I feel like foundation is making my skin worse. But I'm really insecure and haven't got much confidence, make up is the only thing that makes me feel better, can any one help?

#2 ishmaelish

ishmaelish

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

I could respect someone that doesn`t put on makeup.
With makeup you just hide your true image and deceive other people.
I would recommend you to focus your thoughts on something else and stop over caring about what other people think about you.

#3 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

try a different brand, perhaps there is something out there that specifically is not so comedogenic or will not block pores, of course this may not get rid of your acne, but either might improve it or might not make it any worse.

#4 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

I use BareMinerals and it isn't as noticeable as liquid foundation and it doesn't aggravate acne or other skin conditions. It is still important to use sunblock. They sell tinted sunscreen that might curb your need for make up. Also, when my skin is looking it's best I used sunblock and only used mineral make up to spot conceal.

#5 BitterSweet098

BitterSweet098

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Just quit wearing it. I have never wore makeup, except for my eyes. Just do your eyes really nice to where it would draw more attention there. Your skin will prolly feel sooo much better, I cant stand the feeling of makeup on my cheeks/face. Plus, I always figured it would just make my acne problem worse. You will prolly get used to it. In moments of true shyness, I use my hair against my cheeks instead. But, for the most part, if people dont like us, screw them anyway.

#6 thrillpink

thrillpink

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Maybe you can start with only wearing concealer? I used to wear a full coverage foundation, but now I only conceal the worst parts and the end result isn't flawless, but it makes me feel a little bit more comfortable than being bare faced.

#7 Jlisondra

Jlisondra

misalnya u tidak tahan ketika aku pergi.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

first of all, i wear makeup all the time, but i did go thru a few years without wearing a lick of makeup on my face. i think there's a point where acne gets so severe almost nothing can cover it, and that was what was going on with me. there was a poster who mentioned doing a gradual switch, and i think that's a good idea. if you wear foundation and concealer now, maybe you could start off wearing a tinted moisturizer and powder, and then eventually go bare. more power to you, tho. i remember weening myself off foundation, and that was a bitch. i know a lot of ppl thought damn her skin was bad with makeup, and now it's even worse. lol. all hail 2.5% benzoyl peroxide bc that is the only thing that has given me constant improvement.

#8 daisydukes

daisydukes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

For the past 2 weeks I haven't worn any foundation, save for my chin area (I blend it well, no worries lol) which usually looks like crap. Overall I feel much fresher and cleaner. I hate the thought of wearing foundation for 8 hours or more.

#9 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

I would just start by slowly reducing the amount of make up you wear.

So like someone else suggested, maybe use concealer and some powder?

And then a week after that, eliminate the powder. And then if you want to go fully make-up free, then stop using the concealer the week after.

Make yourself feel feminine or attractive without the makeup by wearing your hair really nicely or some lovely earrings. Emphasise the parts of your appearance that you really like.

I'm sure that people will hardly notice that you're not wearing make up...without sounding rude, most people are too involved in what THEY look like! :)

I went through a period of not using any makeup and just instead chose to draw attention to my eyes by wearing mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow which made me feel like I still looked good without clogging up my skin.

Unfortunately at the moment, I'm wearing concealer and powder because my skin is so bad with PIH/skin tone at the moment but I'm hoping to reduce to just concealer in the next few weeks.

I hope that you manage to go without makeup and feel confident in doing so.

#10 pamlaterry

pamlaterry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

I really want to stop wearing make up as I hate the feeling of it on my face, and i want to be more natural. Also I feel like foundation is making my skin worse. But I'm really insecure and haven't got much confidence, make up is the only thing that makes me feel better, can any one help?

Your decission is right.Wearing makeup is not the option to look good.I would suggest you to take good care of your skin.A glowy skin is more impressive.You need not to put make up if you have a healthy and glowy skin.Thats more than enough.

#11 Gracicook

Gracicook

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm taking the plunge tomorrow and just going cold turkey on make up, my skin has just got too bad i think it looks worse with makeup now! I did it before when i was in school and i found the best way to do it is to focus on doing your hair rally nice or wearing clothes that you feel comfortable and pretty in. That way you're thinking about hair and clothes rather than lack of make up!

xx