dry irritation redness

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ssydniee

Ssydniee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Alright, so when I started The Regimen, I was so scared for the redness and flaking. Because of this, I haven't exactly followed The Regimen the way he states, but I'm still seeing the same great results everyone else sees.
So here it is:
1) It's okay to LIGHTLY use a washcloth on your face. Just make sure it is clean, and gently rub it in circles to remove dead skin. I don't see how it's irritating the skin if you do it lightly. So do it!
2) I only use BP once a day, at night. Sometimes on certain areas in the morning. Perhaps I don't need as much BP as others, but I can get away with doing that so I don't know!
3) Lotion all the time, as often as you want.
4) I also don't believe more BP is better. It only works so much, I don't know why you would put more than necessary on and waste it and burn your skin.
That's what I do, I'm not saying it will work, but it might help!
Good luck <3

#2 Evelyn Ribeiro

Evelyn Ribeiro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

I think I will follow you advice. I am on week 6 and I am clear. I never really had a lot of pimples. I think I was using too much BP because my face is burned. It had stains everywhere. It looks horrible. Hopefully it will work for me too :) Thank you!

#3 Katwithzits

Katwithzits

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

I agree that you just have to find what works for your skin. I can't see myself ever reaching the full dose of BP, my skin just won't take it I don't think. Even twice daily applications can lead to dry, leathery, flaking red skin for me, so I have to be careful. I burnt my face pretty bad with BP when I started the regimen (the typical too much too fast), so now I listen to my skin more, and am still clearing, albeit slower than others.

#4 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

I only use the BP 1x a day and I mix it with my moisturizer. I don't apply the bp and then moisturizer, because I don't want to get too dry. This is working for me so far.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#5 Kat Kerfuffle

Kat Kerfuffle

Kat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Writing, movies, cemeteries, paranormal investigation, & cats.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I agree with everyone here: listen to your skin. I also agree that it's a good idea to be rougher with your skin. When I first started doing the regimen, my skin was BEYOND dry..horrible, horrible, horrible...flaking all throughout the day. After three months, my skin was still dry and I couldn't figure out why. I then started washing my skin normally (not with a washcloth, but roughly with my hands) and this made a huge difference. My skin was clear & moist & lovely.

I really feel that many people on the regimen get into a "cycle" as I like to call it. They clear, then get acne again, go extra gentle on their skin, deal with dry skin, and then clear and then get acne again. The reason for this is because of the dry skin. Dry skin is incredibly irritating...more so than roughly touching your skin. It is AMAZING what a difference a little rough washing can do if you find yourself in this "cycle". Being gentle is good if you're just starting the regimen and are dealing with a face full of inflamed lesions, but it's just not necessary when you're 3-4 months in. It'll only make things worse, to be honest.

Regimen User for 6 Years
Started at age 18, now 23.
When I Wake Up:
Get in shower
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Dan Kern's Treatment BP (finger's length worth)
Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion (contains AHA) mixed with 5 drops of jojoba oil

Before I Go To Bed:
Exact same as morning.

A Helpful Little Regimen "Handbook"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users